The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Wow Joe! So only Trump gets the lifetime opportunity to install a post master just like he does Supreme Court judges?  I suppose he just can't ask him to resign? I think Biden's going to end up stepping on some Republican toes anyway. 

Clarence Thomas was probably the most mediocre pick for Scotus ever! George Bush was eager to be the first Republican to first nominate a black judge who was a conservative Republican. But there was just one problem. There were no good judges fitting those criteria! His few written rulings I've read all seem to sound sort of the same.

I believe he can change the job itself. That is he can alter the authorities given the Post Master thereby rendering the position meaningless. That's the tree I'd bark up at any rate. Or the the ankle I'd nip at hahaha

The President can't "fire" the Postmaster General, but the Board of Governors of the Postal Service CAN remove him.  There are three vacancies on the board right now, so that is the obvious path to follow in order to get rid of him.

51 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

Wow Joe! So only Trump gets the lifetime opportunity to install a post master just like he does Supreme Court judges?

What nefarious deeds can DeJoy perform now that the election is over? The purpose of his appointment was to sabotage mail-in voting, which is now history. As for the future, state legislatures are in the act of outlawing mail-in voting, drop boxes etc. (i.e. suppressing the vote), so DeJoy won't have to bother with it again except for those states that still think that making voting easy is a good idea.  Basically events have taken de joy out of his purpose as Postmaster General.

2 hours ago, Richard Price said:

The President can't "fire" the Postmaster General, but the Board of Governors of the Postal Service CAN remove him.  There are three vacancies on the board right now, so that is the obvious path to follow in order to get rid of him.

Ah that sounds right.

23 hours ago, Ron Ecker said:

What nefarious deeds can DeJoy perform now that the election is over? The purpose of his appointment was to sabotage mail-in voting, which is now history. As for the future, state legislatures are in the act of outlawing mail-in voting, drop boxes etc. (i.e. suppressing the vote), so DeJoy won't have to bother with it again except for those states that still think that making voting easy is a good idea.  Basically events have taken de joy out of his purpose as Postmaster General.

There must be something he can do, else he would have slinked out of town like the rest of them.

Worshipping the golden jackass': CPAC mocked for displaying giant gold Trump statue

by Brad Reed February 26, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-cpac-2650809338/

“The Conservative Political Action Conference is set to begin this weekend, and early indications are that much of it will be dedicated to worshipping former President Donald Trump.

In fact, as a video posted by Bloomberg News' William Turton shows, CPAC will even feature a literal gold statue of the former twice-impeached one-term president, who will also be a keynote speaker at the event.”

I think I'm going to be ill.

Steve Thomas

40 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Worshipping the golden jackass': CPAC mocked for displaying giant gold Trump statue

by Brad Reed February 26, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-cpac-2650809338/

“The Conservative Political Action Conference is set to begin this weekend, and early indications are that much of it will be dedicated to worshipping former President Donald Trump.

In fact, as a video posted by Bloomberg News' William Turton shows, CPAC will even feature a literal gold statue of the former twice-impeached one-term president, who will also be a keynote speaker at the event.”

I think I'm going to be ill.

Steve Thomas

A golden statue of Trump?

Among millions of Trump Catholic, Evangelical and who knows what other religious groups, isn't one of their basic foundational tenents not to worship false idols?

One of the most morally corrupt, money and greed obsessed men ever to occupy our highest elective office?

Placed in a prominent display location at this CPAC get together? 

Of course it would be purposely "gold" colored. The color of greed.

Looks like Trump cultists will never escape their mass false idol following delusion.

No one can get through to them anymore. They think the Capital Building insurrection and Trump inciting this was...okay!

Wonder where he will lead them from here?