• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

That's true Ron, but what's so completely pathetic is what a squirming l-ar he was in these interviews when asked if he conversed with Trump on Jan.6th.

First, obviously feeling he was on home ground with Fox's Bret Baier, he was completely taken sideways by the Baier asking him. Watch how he hems and haws and obfuscates.

But if that isn't pathetic enough, you'd think he would have been better prepared the second time when further questioned by another guy. Look at the first 2:08 of this for the clips. It wasn't at all significant to Jordan if he talked to Trump before, during, or after the riots. You'd think maybe the content of the conversation with Trump might jog his memory, but he can  hardly remember.

I love how Jordan positions himself in the second interview with an American flag and a football behind him. You'd think after the allegations of him being quiet about the  pedophile coach in the locker room in his past, he's be careful about evoking his locker room past.

And to think Kevin Mc Carthy actually wanted to include him on the Jan.6th hearings, before Pelosi nixed it.

He's accomplished almost nothing in Congress other than, of course being a a legendary Republican hero against the National Security State to Benjamin

heh heh

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Stay away from rock concerts.

Boardmasters festival: New Delta strain believed to have emerged among 53,000 revellers at Cornwall event

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/boardmasters-festival-new-delta-strain-cornwall-event-1172393

“Almost 5,000 infections have been linked to the Boardmasters festival in Cornwall, and with half a million music lovers at even larger events over the Bank Holiday, officials fear revellers are being hit by a new strain of the Delta variant.”

“While it is being referred to among hospital staff in Devon and Cornwall as the “festival variant”, it is believed to be a new strain of Delta rather than an entirely new variant. Delta already has around a dozen different strains.

“It’s still the Delta variant but they can say it came from the festival, hence why it is being called the ‘festival variant’,” added the official.

The South-west peninsula now home to eight of the top ten areas in England with the highest rates of infection. The figures also show that around half of all infections in England are among those under 30, with the highest rate of infection now in the 10 to 19-year-old age bracket.”

Kid Rock cancels shows after 'over half' of his band catches COVID-19 in wake of Sturgis performance

Bt Matthew Chapman August 30, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/kid-rock-covid/

Steve Thomas

On 8/21/2021 at 8:16 PM, Roger Waage said:

So when they say the immunization is 95% effective that means that 5% did not get the usual immune response. 

Roger, would you care to explain absolute vs relative risk in regards to that 95% figure? 

Have you seen the Israeli data showing vaccinated people dying at higher rates than non? The UK data showing the same? The MA CDC July study where 80% of hospitalizations and 74% of symptomatic cases were vaccinated? Have you seen the Pfizer bio-distribution paper out of Japan showing spike proteins going everywhere in the body? Have you heard Dr. Malone (co-inventor of mRNA vaccines) talk about the vaccine? Have you seen the Japan health minister stop over 1.6 million doses due to an unknown magnetic “contamination”? Have you seen the natural immunity study proving 13x more effectiveness than vaccines (Israeli study)? 

On 8/28/2021 at 9:46 AM, Douglas Caddy said:

Opinion article from today’s New York Times titled: It Shouldn’t Fall to Veterans to Clean Up Biden’s Mess

From the article: As a Marine, I fought in Iraq and Afghanistan and participated in Hurricane Katrina relief efforts. As a journalist, I covered the war in Syria. Never have I witnessed a greater, swifter collapse of competence than what I have seen with the U.S. evacuation of Afghanistan.

Central to President Biden’s campaign was a promise that the candidate understood, deeply and personally, two essential things: empathy and service. Events in Afghanistan this week indicate this promise was, at worst, false and, at best, limited. Events in Afghanistan illustrate what happens when there is a breakdown in empathy. Events at the airport — desperation, death — indicate the extreme chaos that ensues when the commander in chief doesn’t actually understand the value of service.

Doug, you keep pounding home the political price Biden will pay for his blunders in Afghanistan.

I've always seen  from the links you post that you have what I have interpreted as old right wing friends that occasionally pop up in your links and newer left wing friends. It seems to me Biden is being punished because the President fled and his army collapsed. To this you would normally blame American Intelligence. Personally I've always thought these agencies are like huge elephants in the room who always ended up shooting themselves in the  foot to mix metaphors. It never impresses me as something that necessarily can carry off anything in detail, much less an all imposing "deep state", but I digress. It's the arms suppliers and the contract people who are the chief  beneficiaries..

The neocons hated Trump's rhetoric and then found  the reality of Biden turned out to be worse. If the neocons have no place else to go, that's a good development. But at least we're starting to ask some questions. If this does in fact ruin  Biden's presidency as you predict it is a victory for the neocons.

We hear these cries of "who will ever trust the U.S, militarily anymore". If that's a greater barrier to them getting involved with us. I think that's another  good thing, as well that we have should have a lot more reticence about nation building in the future.

The Republicans will always have the luxury of criticizing, while on one side of their mouths they'll try to act like they realize they can't be there forever for the public and the other side, they'll never really propose how they would have pulled out any differently, or pulled out at all.   JMO

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Well said, Kirk.  The military-industrial-media complex's short-term focus on relentlessly bashing Joe Biden for the epilogue of this 20 year Bush-Cheney fiasco in Afghanistan is misleading at best.

We wasted $2 trillion dollars on this 20 year war, while bombing Afghanistan back to the Stone Age.

For what?

Our puppet government in Kabul was hopelessly corrupt.

President Ashraf Ghani fled to Dubai with $169 U.S. taxpayer dollars in his bank accounts, and the Afghan Army folded like a house of cards-- beginning after Trump's surrender to the Taliban last year.

Afghanistan collapsed because corruption had hollowed out the state
The Afghan state was held together by theft, extortion, and nepotism at the highest levels
www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/aug/30/afghanistan-us-corruption-taliban

Interesting fodder for conspiracy! Notice the curious timing in sync with Fox News lambasting  Biden's speech today for hunkering down on his ending of the Afghan War, and vigorously defying elements of the MSM and the Defense establishment..
Is it really a coincidence that Glen Greenwald is in lockstep with Fox News and is now tweeting as to Biden's alleged dementia"

Glen Greenwald: Anyone who has paid attention to politics for any period of time has seen Biden over the years. Is anyone willing to say with a straight face that his cognitive decline and even physical impairment aren't clearly visible? Doesn't mean full-blown dementia, but we can all see it.   August 30

Very curious timing, why now?

23 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Doug, you keep pounding home the political price Biden will pay for his blunders in Afghanistan.

I've always seen  from the links you post that you have what I have interpreted as old right wing friends that occasionally pop up in your links and newer left wing friends. It seems to me Biden is being punished because the President fled and his army collapsed. To this you would normally blame American Intelligence. Personally I've always thought these agencies are like huge elephants in the room who always ended up shooting themselves in the  foot to mix metaphors. It never impresses me as something that necessarily can carry off anything in detail, much less an all imposing "deep state", but I digress. It's the arms suppliers and the contract people who are the chief  beneficiaries..

The neocons hated Trump's rhetoric and then found  the reality of Biden turned out to be worse. If the neocons have no place else to go, that's a good development. But at least we're starting to ask some questions. If this does in fact ruin  Biden's presidency as you predict it is a victory for the neocons.

We hear these cries of "who will ever trust the U.S, militarily anymore". If that's a greater barrier to them getting involved with us. I think that's another  good thing, as well that we have should have a lot more reticence about nation building in the future.

The Republicans will always have the luxury of criticizing, while on one side of their mouths they'll try to act like they realize they can't be there forever for the public and the other side, they'll never really propose how they would have pulled out any differently, or pulled out at all.   JMO

Kirk:

My primary interest in Biden's debacle in Afghanistan is not the political price all Democratic House and Senate candidates in 2022 and 2024 will pay for what he has done  (as the Republican congressional candidates in 1974 paid for what Nixon had done.)

My interest is the geopolitical ramifications of his actions. I was graduated in 1960 from the School of Foreign Service at Georgetown University. My B.S. degree was in international relations. I was trained to become a foreign service officer. At the school I was the editor of the Foreign Service Courier, the student publication. I studied under the famed Professor Carroll Quigley who taught Civilization I and II. Clinton followed my graduation by enrolling in the School of Foreign Service seven years later. When he was president each year he returned to Georgetown U. to give a lecture in honor of Prof. Quigley.

I did not go into the foreign service but instead enrolled in New York University Law School where I got my J.D. degree.

In my opinion America and the free would will pay heavily in geopolitics for what Biden had done. In his speech yesterday he claimed he had ended the "Forever War." Then he went on to declare a new war, this one on terrorists who threaten America. Here is one geopolitical example of how this may backfire. The Taliban, ISIS-k and other terrorist groups that will now inhabit and control Afghanistan will proclaim that for every member of their organization that is killed by drone strike or otherwise, one of the 60,000 hostages that Biden left behind in Afghanistan will be killed along with his/her family members in retaliation. These hostages are our friends, our interpreters, our supporters and Biden's incompetent withdrawal left them behind, along with an unknown number of Americans. 

The Taliban boast that they defeated the world's greatest superpower. 

China now knows it can move against Taiwan. The terrorists now know they can move against America's homeland, maybe as proxies for China and Russia. 

Tony Blair was correct when he said that Biden's action was imbecilic.

Doug

On 8/31/2021 at 11:58 AM, Kirk Gallaway said:

It seems to me Biden is being punished because the President fled and his army collapsed. To this you would normally blame American Intelligence.

Kirk, I'm just using this as a jumping-off point to address a couple phenomena we've seen in past US involvements and disengagements:

• As with our support of the Kuomintung in post-WWII China, the Afghan Nationalist army fell apart because its soldiers were no longer being paid to risk their lives.  In China, this has been blamed on the greed and criminal involvements of Chiang Kai-Shek's government.
  • As in South Vietnam, the army had little ideological motivation to fight for a US-backed Nationalist government, and an uncertain internalization of ground war tactics training.
  • Ashraf Ghani fled Afghanistan ahead of his army's collapse, possibly recognizing one eventuality of US withdrawal.  Upon the 1996 Taliban takeover, the Soviet-backed president Mohammed Najibullah and his brother ended up tortured, castrated and hanged from a traffic light outside the presidential palace.  Najibullah had made overtures to the UN and to factions fighting in-country, and was abducted by the Taliban from UN custody after Ahmed Shah Massoud denied him escape by way of the Kabul airport.  The resemblance to the fate of the Diem brothers is imperfect, but palpable.
Edited by David Andrews

Remember, if you are attempting to remove America as the world's superpower, you need to embarrass the leadership to the rest of the world amongst many other things. In my opinion, this is another page in that chapter which will continue for several years. Remember that olive oil factory the US Army recently attacked (in a drill) by accident overseas?

I have a rather sizeable bet with a friend that they’ll be some kind of invading force back in Afghan within 2 years (inc. UN). UK media looks like it is manufacturing consent again. 

i just saw this one on Twitter. There is a quote or two from Richard Holbrooke’s diary before his death, from a conversation with Joe Biden.

When I mentioned the women’s issue, Biden erupted. Almost rising from his chair, he said, “I am not sending my boy back there to risk his life on behalf of women’s rights, it just won’t work, that’s not what they’re there for.” [. . .] He said it ain’t going to happen, he said I don’t understand politics, he said we’re facing a debacle politically, he said we’re going to lose the presidency in 2012 if unemployment remains high, and Afghanistan was the other issue that could pull us down and we have to be on our way out, that we had to do what we did in Vietnam. This shocked me and I commented immediately that I thought we had a certain obligation to the people who had trusted us. He said, “xxxx that, we don’t have to worry about that. We did it in Vietnam, Nixon and Kissinger got away with it.”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/joe-bidens-world