• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

39 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

But who is that handsome guy? 

Well, the one in the upper left hand corner of his post is of Dr. Niederhut.  Though I suspect it's from a few years ago.

1 minute ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben- you're starting to remind me of a passenger on the Titanic that goes around telling people "Don't worry, icebergs aren't real."

Yes, Ben and the talking heads at Fox News have been re-arranging deck chairs on the Trumptanic for the past year.

Today, they finally hit the iceberg.

RIP ‘No January 6 Sedition Charges,’ the Right’s Favorite Trump Defense

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/01/stewart-rhodes-oath-keepers-january-6-sedition-insurrection-charges.html

32 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Well, the one in the upper left hand corner of his post is of Dr. Niederhut.  Though I suspect it's from a few years ago.

Alack and alas...you mean to say...you do not regard me as handsome? 

I will arrange a more flattering photo...you know these days with filters and photoshop, maybe a little magic touch-up here and there....

36 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Grasping at straws Ben. 

Paul-

Maybe. The odd language regarding Epps is puzzling, and is both un-lawyerly yet suggests lawyerly dissembling. 

The committee says it "interviewed" Epps. By phone? No transcripts? 

Not deposed? Not subpoenaed? Not placed under oath? Not even an FBI interview, in which case lying is a federal offense?

Epps did not "testify" before the committee, despite some misleading M$M headlines out there. 

Why not have Epps testify before the 1/6 committee, under oath and in public and on TV? 

Have you ever heard of a congressional investigative committee that says it "interviewed" a suspect and thus the suspect is cleared? 

Did the HUAC or Watergate committees "interview" suspects, no transcripts, no depositions, not under oath, and then clear them? 

Something doesn't ring right on this one. 

And Liz Cheney? You trust her narratives? 

30 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben- you're starting to stray into gaslighting. And do you think we're not noticing that you're ignoring bonafide evidence at this point?

A lot of intelligent people on this board, and in this thread. Best to remember that.

Matt A-

Well, time for a diversion---

INSIDER

A Messianic rabbi charged in the Capitol riot wants to pay a $50 fine instead of going to prison

A rabbi who stormed the Capitol argued that he should receive a small fine rather than prison time.

Michael Stepakoff compared his conduct to that of a woman who protested Justice Brett Kavanaugh.

The Justice Department has recommended that he be sentenced to two weeks in prison.

In Palm Harbor, Florida, Michael Stepakoff is known as "Rabbi Mike" among the congregation at Temple New Jerusalem. In the realm of Tampa Bay area youth sports, he's "Coach Mike" during the basketball and football seasons.

In Washington, DC, the Messianic rabbi is among the more than 700 charged in connection with the January 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol, which he admitted to unlawfully entering as Congress prepared to certify now-President Joe Biden's defeat of Donald Trump. But, in a court filing ahead of his sentencing next week, Stepakoff stood out with an eye-catching argument from his defense lawyer: Rather than face prison time, he should have been allowed to pay a $50 fine and have his case dismissed.

---30---

Well, Business Insider is owned by Axel Springer, which appears to be CIA-linked. So, take the story with a grain of salt. 

I wonder why the gentle treatment of Stepakoff, both in media and the light "two-week" sentence.

Mr Buffalo Horns was incarcerated as soon as he turned himself in and clapped into irons since, and won't get out for several years. 

You see nothing odd in this disparity in sentencing? 

On a side note, I am disappointed that you did not post my picture with your comment. I was hoping that would become "a thing" on this corner of the Ed Forum. 

Remember---partisan narratives turn us all into useful idiots. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yeah, Ron, my photo is probably about ten years old by now.  I just submitted my first ever premium payment to Medicare, so I guess I'm, officially, a senior citizen!  I can buy a Colorado fly fishing license this year for $10 instead of $50, unless they've raised the rates.

"(CNN)The House Select Committee investigating the January 6 riot has issued four subpoenas to giant social media conglomerates after the panel said the companies provided "inadequate responses" to its initial request for documents and information over the summer.

The subpoenas were sent to Meta, the parent company of Facebook, Alphabet, the parent company to Google and Youtube, Twitter and Reddit.

"Two key questions for the Select Committee are how the spread of misinformation and violent extremism contributed to the violent attack on our democracy, and what steps -- if any -- social media companies took to prevent their platforms from being breeding grounds for radicalizing people to violence," Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson who chairs the committee said in a statement."

---30---

Sure, if only seraphic solons decide what to censor, then censorship might work.

No one here concerned where this may lead? What would Liz Cheney allow to be published? 

PS. It cannot be denied, W. Niederhut is enviously good-looking and thoughtful in appearance in his photo.

If I ever get to Colorado, I will also apply for the $10 fishing license.  

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben- you're starting to stray into gaslighting. And do you think we're not noticing that you're ignoring bonafide evidence at this point?

A lot of intelligent people on this board, and in this thread. Best to remember that.

Gaslighting, what's that?  I'm not really familiar with these newer terms.  Ah found it!

Sorry, for some reason it's been censored.  After 8 million views.   See dixie chicks, gaslighter.  

Edited by Ron Bulman

1 minute ago, Matt Allison said:

Ben- as an independent, both in party and frame of thinking, the only thing I'm partisan towards is the truth.

The truth will set us all free.

That's the best way to be, Matt. We all have biases, quite often ones we aren't even aware of. We are products of our environments, our experiences shape us. I think another good thing to be partisan about is being open minded. Perhaps that quality made us look at the JFKA closer. 

5 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Alack and alas...you mean to say...you do not regard me as handsome? 

I will arrange a more flattering photo...you know these days with filters and photoshop, maybe a little magic touch-up here and there....

I've been told by many that in my younger days ( 20's and 30's - see my picture here ) I was somewhat good looking myself.

Ah, the gift of youth.

Edited by Joe Bauer