The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

He said "maybe not the last one" has been audited. So the excuse still stands. But as I understand it an audit doesn't prevent you from releasing your tax returns. Everyone knows why he won't release them. He has something to hide, though of course like everything else that doesn't matter to his supporters. 

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

18 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:
On 7/13/2020 at 1:00 PM, Ron Ecker said:

Trump's retweet of Chuck Woolery is no surprise. Trump is constantly trying to pull the Woolery over our eyes.

Ugh...not one of your better one-liners, Ron... 🤥

On the flip side, the food fight between Kirk and Jeff here is cracking me up.

Sure. But the important thing is that.... I liked it!   hehe

Both that and the "how tweet it is" crack!  :clapping

(Though your criticism did serve well as a segue to the Kirk/Jeff food fight thingy. Which I also found amusing.)

Trump Administration Strips C.D.C. of Control of Coronavirus Data

Hospitals have been ordered to bypass the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and send all patient information to a central database in Washington, raising questions about transparency.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html

Yesterday, Trump said that Confederate flags are OK with him; they are just a matter of free expression.

This gives a green light to a large display of Confederate flags at his rallies from now on.

If the Republican National Convention is going to be a coronation of Donald Trump, can you imagine the sinking feeling among other Republican candidates who are going to have to run for office against a backdrop of Confederate flags waving in the breeze.?

If he is going to say it, he should own it.

I think a huge number of Confederate flags should ring the White House from now on.

All the way around it.

Steve Thomas

36 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

One could almost view Trump as a virus infecting the Republican Party.

And the Republican Party is old with underlying conditions. 

Pay for Play? Heritage’s Cozy Ties With Foreign Weapons Maker Raises Concerns

The GOP think tank has been taking millions from a conglomerate while publicly promoting its landmines and autonomous machine guns.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/pay-for-play-heritages-cozy-ties-with-korean-weapons-maker-raises-concerns/

5 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Sure. But the important thing is that.... I liked it!   hehe

Both that and the "how tweet it is" crack!  :clapping

(Though your criticism did serve well as a segue to the Kirk/Jeff food fight thingy. Which I also found amusing.)

I'm not sure you could call it a food fight, Sandy.William

Thank you Cliff, sometimes you need a third party to come in and say how completely baseless Jeff 's assertions were, but at least some of us got a primer on the TAMI show.

Let me just ham it up one more time.

Jeff, On behalf of those of us who value human respect,dignity, and equality. those who aspire to live in greater harmony with our planet and one another, and those who want world peace and civil discourse.
Thanks for thinking of us Jeff. The corporate state also  wants to thank you for all the selfless work you did being a trusty human shield for Trump.
For us, It has been a thankless struggle. But somehow it looks like we made it without you.

Again, Thanks for seeing the big picture.

Heh heh he, hah ha, whoa1 wa ha ha,  ok I'm finished that was just for theTAMI thing!
Edited by Kirk Gallaway

During an appearance on the Letterman Show in 1988, Teri Garr unambiguously hinted that the TAMI Show may have featured a filmed matinee. Similarly, Pamela des Barres - in her memoir I’m With The Band - used language which could be interpreted after time has passed as possibly suggesting that the TAMI Show’s first event was a matinee. Furthermore, in Canada as in the British Commonwealth as a whole, common nomenclature holds that the first filmed program of two is always referred to as a “matinee”, although I may be making this up. So clearly, Kirk sought to deceive and misrepresent. His credibility in lecturing Canadian passport holders is dim. Attempts to argue otherwise are similar to, say, claims there is a legal difference between the terms “expulsion” and “sanction”. Surely there is, but we all know there isn’t.

17 minutes ago, Jeff Carter said:

During an appearance on the Letterman Show in 1988, Teri Garr unambiguously hinted that the TAMI Show may have featured a filmed matinee.

I was unambiguously in love with Teri Garr.

1 hour ago, Jeff Carter said:

During an appearance on the Letterman Show in 1988, Teri Garr unambiguously hinted that the TAMI Show may have featured a filmed matinee. Similarly, Pamela des Barres - in her memoir I’m With The Band - used language which could be interpreted after time has passed as possibly suggesting that the TAMI Show’s first event was a matinee. Furthermore, in Canada as in the British Commonwealth as a whole, common nomenclature holds that the first filmed program of two is always referred to as a “matinee”, although I may be making this up. So clearly, Kirk sought to deceive and misrepresent. His credibility in lecturing Canadian passport holders is dim. Attempts to argue otherwise are similar to, say, claims there is a legal difference between the terms “expulsion” and “sanction”. Surely there is, but we all know there isn’t.

Jeff, I  showed you the quote of what I said.  I made no reference to being down in L.A. I couldn't even drive!!!. I think I was 14! I saw it at the Laurel Theatre in San Carlos Ca.

Expulsion?, sanction?,lecturing  Canadian passports holders? What are you talking about?

Ok, I didn't get it because it is a little obtuse for a joke. But I'll take it as an obtuse joke. As my comments were a joke to you. Stay well!

P.S. I'm reminded of a story Steve Martin tells  that early in his career he opened for Elvis. At one point he saw Elvis in a hallway and Elvis said to  him -Man , your humor--- is really obtuse!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

1 hour ago, Ron Ecker said:

I was unambiguously in love with Teri Garr.

I was unambiguously in love with Madeline Kahn.

And secretly lusted for Ruth Buzzi for years in a way I can't even understand myself.

15 minutes ago, Joe Bauer said:

I was unambiguously in love with Madeline Kahn.

I was too, but I dumped her for Teri.

Madeline was a fabulous comedian. She was at her best in Young Frankenstein. ("Oh, I think I love him.")

4 hours ago, Jeff Carter said:

The notes I have are that it was about 7 or 8 in the evening and has nothing about a matinee. Most of the artists were repped by GAC. From Memoirs of a Failure by Tom Jennings:

Early during my stint at GAC (General Artist's Corporation), I was given a pretty big responsibility. The Teenage Music International Show or the TAMI Show. At the time no one new it would become a landmark in the history of rock and roll but it did and now years later it’s back in the public’s consciousness...

...The TAMI Show was supposed to start in the early evening, about seven or eight o’clock. I was hanging around backstage, the auditorium was packed with screaming girls, everyone was getting ready to go until Chuck Berry came up to me, showed me a personal check he had been given and said “This isn’t going to work”.

He must have heard Bill only paid in cash or something. Besides, Chuck Berry wasn’t stupid. He’d been around the block by that time and he wasn’t about to go on until the pay was straightened out. If he performed and the check was no good there was no recourse except for court.

“It needs to be a certified check or cash.” he said.

“Chuck. The banks are closed for the weekend. Everyone’s waiting out there.” I said.

Of course by this time some, if not all, of the other artists had heard and were going to follow suit. I had to scramble. I looked everywhere for Bill but couldn’t find him for some time. After I finally tracked him down, he managed to find his banker and talked him in to coming to the concert and certify the checks. The show started about two hours late.

Edited by Bob Ness