The Education Forum

The Killing Of America

8 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Another video of umbrella man, as he prepares to begin his premeditated escalation. Holding a rock.

It' almost like umbrella man II is using it both to hide behind at times and draw attention to himself.  Other people are seen filming with their phones.  He has to know he's being seen/filmed/noticed.  It's not like he's sneaking around trying to hide, the rock, the window smashing.  Stirring things up, confusing things, purposefully.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PHILADELPHIA

A producer for WHYY, the local public radio station, who documented the scene said the mostly white crowd with weapons was dispersed by police. A black man appeared to have been arrested while saying that a bat was thrown at him.

Producer Jon Ehrens tweeted that he was “called out” for recording the crowd of self-described vigilantes, “and they beat the xxxx out of me and pushed my girlfriend.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/jun/01/george-floyd-protests-donald-trump-white-house-washington-police-brutality-minneapolis-latest-news-updates

Trump's going to have a reel made of all the reporter beatdowns.

Edited by David Andrews

This film, The Killing Of America about 10 minutes in gets into the JFK assassination with "it wasn't always like this".  Did his murder lead us down a path ultimately to the last week?

Is the cynicism of today the result of a loss of faith in government and of innocence as a result of being deceived by that government regarding his assassination?  Are we being set up again? 

This is really sick:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/jun/01/george-floyd-protests-donald-trump-white-house-washington-police-brutality-minneapolis-latest-news-updates

Trump cannot use that 1807 law without the invitation of the governor.  At least that is my reading of it.  Am I wrong?

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

This is really sick:

Trump cannot use that 1807 law without the invitation of the governor.  At least that is my reading of it.  Am I wrong?

You are correct, as of the 2008 repeal of the 2007 amendment, which restored the gubernatorial privilege as it stood in 1871.  It would take an emergency act proposed and approved in Congress to restore executive mandate, which would not happen quickly, and might again be opposed by state governors.

But...there's always FEMA!

Edited by David Andrews

3 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

This film, The Killing Of America about 10 minutes in gets into the JFK assassination with "it wasn't always like this".  Did his murder lead us down a path ultimately to the last week?

Is the cynicism of today the result of a loss of faith in government and of innocence as a result of being deceived by that government regarding his assassination?  Are we being set up again? 

Yes.

No doubt about it, that and 1968.

Rapid ascension to maximum response. How do Americans respond to hearing their neighborhoods described as "battle spaces"?

“I think the sooner that you mass and dominate the battlespace, the quicker this dissipates and we can get back to the right normal,” Esper said..."

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2020/06/01/secdef-encourages-governors-to-dominate-the-battlespace-to-put-down-nationwide-protests/

Didn't Nixon once contemplate "dominating" the antiwar protests and was told there weren't enough troops?

Remind me never to go to Iowa.

I might want to walk my dog or go bird watching or some other kind of constitutional activity.

The police have the right to stop and beat me over the head with a club or shoot me with tear gas. I could just turn violent at the drop of a hat, you know.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/politics/congress-republican-reaction-trump-church/index.html

"Sen. Chuck Grassley, the most senior Republican in the Senate, told CNN that peaceful protesters have the right to demonstrate but he didn't know the extent to which the "police might expect violence from some of the people -- maybe 5% of the people -- and that could be a potential problem, the answer would be, it's OK" to clear them out with force.

Asked about the fact that the protesters were acting peacefully, Grassley said: "It's all assumed to be peaceful until someone that's got a terrorist activity or a rioting activity, you don't know that until it happens. So I don't know if they could have known that.""

So much for the 1st Amendment.

That's "The Killing of America".

Steve Thomas

16 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

Remind me never to go to Iowa.

I might want to walk my dog or go bird watching or some other kind of constitutional activity.

The police have the right to stop and beat me over the head with a club or shoot me with tear gas. I could just turn violent at the drop of a hat, you know.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/politics/congress-republican-reaction-trump-church/index.html

"Sen. Chuck Grassley, the most senior Republican in the Senate, told CNN that peaceful protesters have the right to demonstrate but he didn't know the extent to which the "police might expect violence from some of the people -- maybe 5% of the people -- and that could be a potential problem, the answer would be, it's OK" to clear them out with force.

Asked about the fact that the protesters were acting peacefully, Grassley said: "It's all assumed to be peaceful until someone that's got a terrorist activity or a rioting activity, you don't know that until it happens. So I don't know if they could have known that.""

So much for the 1st Amendment.

That's "The Killing of America".

Steve Thomas

Reminded me of this:

https://consortiumnews.com/2020/06/01/lee-camp-19-facts-about-american-policing-that-will-blow-your-mind/

I did not know this.  In the USA a thousand people per year are killed by cops.

In the UK its 3. Yes T-H-R-E-E. 

I guess that is part of American Exceptionalism.

Robert, thanks for that clip about RFK vs the police in farmworkers country. That is hilariously priceless.

One of the best defenses of the Bill of RIghts ever.  That was the beginning of Cesar Chavez and Bobby Kennedy.  BTW, I did not know this but Schrade told me that it was Chavez' idea to get RFK there. He knew that he saw what it really was, then he would help them.

Edited by James DiEugenio