The Education Forum

Towards A Simple, Plausible Yet Explanatory Conspiracy Theory

6 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

The first shot caused JKF to raise his hands towards his neck then he slumped left as noted by witnesses. Example:

The firecracker sounding noise was not necessarily the first shot that hit Kennedy.

At approximately Zapruder frame 200, Kennedy's movements suddenly freeze; his right hand abruptly stops in the midst of a waving motion and his head moves rapidly from right to his left in the direction of his wife. Based on these movements, it appears that by the time the president goes behind the sign at frame 207 he is evidencing some kind of reaction to a severe external stimulus.

On hearing the first burst of firing, Sherriff Decker glances back and thinks he sees a bullet bouncing off the street pavement. Motorcycle officer Stavis Ellis will also testify he sees a bullet hit the pavement.  (Neither Decker nor Ellis will ever be questioned about this by the Warren Commission.) Motorcycle officer James Chaney will also tell newsmen this day that the first shot missed.

James Fetzer "Murder In Dealey Plaza" Pg. 36.

Frame #    Event
140    The car turns on to Elm street.
145    [Some people interpret the first shot as having been fired at this point]
151-153    [Some people interpret the first shot as having been fired at this point]
154-155    Kennedy turns his head very rapidly from left to right.
158-160    Zapruder jiggled his camera. [Numerous "Ear-witnesses" recall the first shot being about this point, when the car has just turned the corner onto Elm Street]
160    The little girl who is running next to the Car begins to turn to her right.
162    The little girl has stopped running. Kennedy stops waving. Connally turns his head sharply to the right.
???    James Tague is struck by a piece of flying cement while standing under the end of the triple by-pass. [along a straight line, through the oak tree and the School Book Depository window. A mark in the cement along that line revealed traces of lead and antimony, suggesting that the round had lost its copper jacket -- which can happen when striking a tree branch]
167-210    Foliage blocks a School Book Depository sniper's view of Kennedy (with a small break at 186), according to reconstructions (2.3 seconds). Branches had given partial visual cover for some time before that.
187    (1.5 seconds after frame 160) The little girl has stopped and is staring at the SBD. Kennedy starts waving again. Mrs. Kennedy is looking around.
189-197    Zapruder jiggles his camera again.
188-191(190)    [House Select Committee suggests that this is the point at which Kennedy was hit. This is the traditionally held time for that the second shot hit him. Many people believe that this shot was a front shot from a smaller weapon than the 6.5 mm Carcano]
200    No one in the car appears hurt. Kennedy is waving to the crowd with his right hand.
200-224    Zapruder's view of Kennedy is blocked by a highway sign. Even during this time, Kennedy's hand can still be seen over the sign.
202    Phillip Willis's photograph showing Zapruder was shot here.
207    Witness Howard Brennan turns abruptly to the right.
210    As Kennedy becomes visible from the foliage, this is the first opportunity that an SBD sniper would have a chance to fire.
220-228    Zapruder jiggles his camera.
223-224    Probable time that Kennedy was first hit.

http://www.personal.utulsa.edu/~marc-carlson/history/zapruder.html

6 hours ago, Tony Krome said:

I'm not convinced on the chrome trim. To me, it looks like a uniform impression rather than a bullet hole.

I couldn't disagree more. Look at the way the deformation stretches several inches on either side horizontally. It doesn't look like a minor dent or a scratch to me, and it's very difficult to believe that the president's limousine would be allowed to have such an obvious structural defect that would be right in the line of sight for the president, the first lady, and any other dignitaries riding in that limo. This was not a junker; this was the President's show car.

I think we've been over this on another thread, where I believe it was confirmed that the bubble top did not latch near that spot and did not cause that round hole. I'm not sure about that, but that's what I recall.

Plus, as far as I've seen, there are no photographs showing the defect there prior to the Dallas motorcade.

jfk limo hole.JPG

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Call me naive, I find it hard to swallow that many people, in official positions, in fact planned the assassination of a sitting US President.  

Whenever I find myself thinking that some covert operations might be inconceivable, I just remind myself of those things that the United States has done which had consensus. Specifically, I think of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. 

If the United States establishment is willing to do that, and it's generally considered somehow reasonable and rational, imagine the kind of things that might be carried out covertly because doing so overtly would garner too much outrage.

When you think about it that way, it becomes clear that blowing JFK's head off in a shooting gallery at high noon in front of everyone is rather mild, for these people. 

14 minutes ago, Richard Booth said:

Whenever I find myself thinking that some covert operations might be inconceivable, I just remind myself of those things that the United States has done which had consensus. Specifically, I think of the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. 

If the United States establishment is willing to do that, and it's generally considered somehow reasonable and rational, imagine the kind of things that might be carried out covertly because doing so overtly would garner too much outrage.

When you think about it that way, it becomes clear that blowing JFK's head off in a shooting gallery at high noon in front of everyone is rather mild, for these people.

That’s my logic too, the hierarchy in the US military decided on March 1st 1954 that they’d go ahead with the Castle Bravo nuclear test, despite knowing there was a small chance they’d set fire to the earths atmosphere and kill every soul on earth. The test was much more powerful than they calculated. 
They’ll do anything ... 

1 hour ago, Denny Zartman said:

The firecracker sounding noise was not necessarily the first shot that hit Kennedy.

Here is the WC testimony of close proximity witness Linda Willis.

<quote on>

Mr. Liebler: Did you hear any shots, or what you later learned to be shots, as the motorcade came past you there?

Miss Willis: Yes; I heard one. Then there was a little bit of time, and then there were two real fast bullets together. When the first one hit, well, the President turned from waving to the people, and he grabbed his throat, and he kind of slumped forward, and then I couldn't tell where the second shot went.

<quote off>

From the WC testimony of Nellie C.:

<quote>

Mrs. Connally:...I heard a noise, and not being an expert rifleman, I was not aware that it was a rifle. It was just a frightening noise, and it came from the right. I turned over my right shoulder and looked back, and saw the President as he had both hands at his neck.

Mr. Specter: And you are indicating with your own hands, two hands crossing over gripping your own neck?

Mrs. Connally: Yes; and it seemed to me there was--he made no utterance, no cry.  I saw no blood, no anything. It was just sort of nothing, the expression on his face, and he just sort of slumped down.</q>

From Secret Service SA Clint Hill's WC testimony:

<quote on>

Mr. SPECTER. Now, as the motorcade proceeded at that point, tell us what happened.

Mr. HILL. Well, as we came out of the curve, and began to straighten up, I was viewing the area which looked to be a park. There were people scattered throughout the entire park. And I heard a noise from my right rear, which to me seemed to be a firecracker. I immediately looked to my right and, in so doing, my eyes had to cross the Presidential limousine and I saw President Kennedy grab at himself and lurch forward and to the left. </q>

From Secret Service SA Glen Bennett's statement 11/23/63:

<quote on, emphasis added>

About thirty minutes after leaving Love Field about 12:25 P.M., the Motorcade entered an intersection and then proceeded down a grade. At this point the well-wishers numbered but a few; the motorcade continued down this grade enroute to the Trade Mart. At this point I heard what sounded like a fire-cracker. I immediately looked from the right/crowd/physical area/and looked towards the President who was seated in the right rear seat of his limousine open convertible. At the moment I looked at the back of the President I heard another fire-cracker noise and saw the shot hit the President about four inches down from the right shoulder. A second shot followed immediately and hit the right rear high of the President's head. I immediately hollered "he's hit" and reached for the AR-15 located on the floor of the rear seat. Special Agent Hickey had already picked-up the AR-15. We peered towards the rear and particularly the right side of the area. I had drawn my revolver when I saw S/A Hickey had the AR15. I was unable to see anything or one that could have fired the shots. The President's car immediately kicked into high gear and the follow-up car followed.</q>

39 minutes ago, Paul Brancato said:

Cliff - do you believe SA Bennett’s report? To me it smacks of circling the wagons.

Destroying the single bullet theory is circling the wagons?  He wrote contemporaneous notes at 5:30 eastern time 11/22, before there were any wagons to circle.

He wrote that he was looking to the right on Elm St.  Willis 5 shows him facing to the right.  He heard a firecracker sound and turned to look at JFK.  Altgens 6 shows him with blurred facial features, consistent with head movement.  He wrote that he saw JFK hit about four inches down the shoulder, on the right side.  The bullet holes in the back of JFK's clothes are four inches below the bottom of the collars, to the right.  He described a "bang...bang bang" shooting sequence consistent with 55 other ear-witnesses.

SS SA Glen Bennett's statement is the most robustly corroborated individual account in the entire case.

Edited by Cliff Varnell

4 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

jfk limo hole.JPG

What is obvious to me about the above photo, is that is was taken by someone sitting on the passenger seat looking up. Starting down from the top of the photo we see the top line of the trim. Then we see what looks like the fold line of the trim, and finally the bottom line of the trim. Between the fold line and the bottom line, we see the impression. Whatever was the cause of that deformation, it appears the force was at an angle upward, in other words from the direction of the camera taking the photo.

Maybe it was pretty simple.  David Rockefeller said to Dulles, ok.  Dulles told Angleton go.  Angleton contacted, discretely, his personal acquaintance David Morales.  Who also discretely contacted men he'd trained for assassinations.

This may have lead to a Tipping Point, though I've not yet read it.  Late night brain farts.

5 hours ago, Denny Zartman said:

I can see that you put some thought and work into your article, Benjamin. You also have courage to share your theory of the case and subject it to scrutiny.

I personally find much of the logic flawed and/or not supported by the evidence at hand. Too much goes into unsupported assumptions, and many important witnesses and events seem to be ignored.

No serious researcher asserts this.

Because someone doesn’t believe the evidence shows Oswald to be in the sixth floor snipers nest doesn’t mean that they believe he was a totally innocent bystander with absolutely no involvement on any level. He had a role to play during the shooting, even if it wasn’t as the sixth floor shooter.

Loyalty has nothing to do with expendability. A general would not refuse to send a soldier into battle simply because the soldier has shown loyalty to the military, any more than a general would send only disloyal soldiers into battle.

That’s why it appears that Oswald was to be killed during his apprehension. According to the official story, one officer (Tippit) had already drawn a weapon on Oswald, and another one hit Oswald in the face during his arrest. How do we know the handgun Oswald allegedly had on him (that either misfired and left a dent on the shell, or had the hammer come down on an officer’s hand and didn’t hit the shell at all) wasn’t one used by the police attempting and failing to shoot Oswald during the theater scuffle? More on that later...

You might be aware of the story of Jerry Coley, employee of the Dallas Morning News newspaper, who took a photographer down to the plaza and photographed what they believed was a puddle of blood. The feds later came down to the newspaper offices, took the negatives, and told Coley and the others to keep quiet about it all. Intrepid reporter Hugh Aynesworth reported that the puddle was merely a puddle of red soda pop (complete with a nearby broken soda bottle, I believe.)

Now, if you believe Coley’s story, and that the feds would come down  and confiscate a picture and tell multiple newspapermen to keep quiet about a puddle of cherry soda, what do you think they would have done or said to anyone who claimed to have been standing next to Oswald at the time of the shooting?

Oswald had a job to do. What that was, we do not know for certain. Because he was not seen by a reported witness at the time of the shooting does not automatically mean he was in the sixth floor sniper’s nest. He was seen on the first floor at 12:25 and again on the second floor at 12:32, and he reportedly said during interrogations that he was on the lower floors at the time of the shooting.

It’s not possible for someone in five minutes to run up four or five flights of stars, run the diagonal length of the floor from the northwest corner to the southeast corner through a maze of boxes, fire on the president, and then, in the next TWO minutes, again run the entire diagonal length of the sixth floor from the southeast corner to the northwest corner through a maze of boxes, stash the rifle, run down four flights of stairs (while not being seen by witnesses reportedly descending the stairs at the same time) and not be out of breath or noticeably sweating.

It’s just not possible. It’s really not. No matter how fanciful one’s imagination gets, it’s not possible to do all that in seven minutes and not be noticeably winded or sweating.

In my opinion, your theory breaks down there.

There are still more unanswered questions that arise from assuming Oswald was shooting from the sixth floor. You refer to Oswald as being fairly well-read and at least moderately versed in the art of intelligence and spycraft, as well as involved to a fairly high level in this particular operation as the designated fake shooter in your theory. Then please tell me why someone like Joseph Milteer could predict that Kennedy would be shot from an office building with a high powered rifle, and that someone would be picked up afterward to throw off the investigation, but Oswald could not?

Either Milteer knew it, which adds to your number of people wittingly involved, or Milteer guessed it. Milteer knew or guessed a patsy would be picked up, something that the comparatively worldly and more involved operationally Oswald did not know or could not guess. That’s very hard to believe, especially if Oswald is using his own rifle and carrying ID on him that links him to it.

So where was Oswald? Could he have been doing something like waiting on a phone call? He wouldn’t have gotten that call if he did. Apparently the power to the building went out just before the assassination and was restored just afterwards, disabling the phones and the elevators. According to Vincent Palamara’s “Honest Answers”, the power switch to the building was on the first floor, near the segregated lunchroom that Oswald often used and near an office. Could Oswald have been the one instructed to turn the power off and on? It would have kept him out of the public eye. And if he wasn’t the one who turned the building power off and on, who did? If it was someone else, doesn’t that just add to the number of conspirators involved?

And let’s not forget that there are a number of serious researchers out there that do believe Oswald was photographed outside the TSBD at the time of the assassination, so your assertion that Oswald was “invisible” at the time of the shooting is debatable to say the least.

I just don’t follow this logic. Was the false flag intended to be blamed on multiple shooters? Then who was the intended patsy to be picked up and blamed for shooting from the knoll? Why would anyone want to divert attention from their false flag? Aren't flags intended to attract attention?

The story of Amos Euins is so amusing when you realize that there were two cars worth of press people crawling north on Houston street straight toward the south face of the TSBD. One press person even had the time to point out a shooter who, by some accounts, either slowly withdrew the rifle barrel after the shooting, or, in Euins’s account, actually leaned out the window to get “a look at his work” - yet somehow not one photographer managed to snap a photograph of a person that was leaning out the window so far a fifteen-year-old could see the top of his head. The southern face of the building was bathed in bright sunlight and there was the sound of firing weapons coming from it, and two cars of professional press people managed to talk about it but not one managed to take one picture.

So curious. So convenient.

If Oswald only fired once in your scenario, who put down the other two shells on the floor?

Again, this is a false dichotomy. The only two options are not "Oswald was firing in the sniper's nest" or "Oswald was a bystander completely uninvolved in any way." Most serious students of this case believe he was involved, just not necessarily the shooter.

What’s your source on this? My research indicates LBJ brought it up himself immediately after Kennedy’s death.

Restrained? According to the official story, one officer had already drawn his weapon at Oswald, and another hit him in the face during the arrest. I’m also not convinced that Oswald was the one who pulled a gun and either had a misfire or had the hammer stopped. Either the shell had a dent or it didn't.

What’s more probable, that the worldly ex-Marine who was eventually killed with a handgun thought he was going to shoot his way to freedom, or that the DPD unsuccessfully tried to silence him for possibly the second time that day?

Obviously they did in Ruby’s case. And it seems Oswald did too, at least to how I’m hearing your theory.

Again, I just don't follow the logic that makes you come to this "Oswald fired once" theory. What are you basing it on, and who put down the other two shells reportedly found on the floor in the sniper's nest?

How do you arrive at the conclusion that the cast was washed prior to testing? Your quote from Pat Speer seems to indicate that the cast was washed and taken home after testing rather than thrown away as was custom.

Are we really going to entertain every possibility, no matter how farfetched? As a wise man once said, “Theoretical physics can prove an elephant can hang from a cliff with his tail tied to a daisy. But use your eyes, your common sense.” If you had a piece of paper with a curve on it found at the scene, or a piece of Saran Wrap found in Oswald’s pocket, or a witness that saw him washing his face with a garden hose, then maybe you could start to make a case for something like this. Without any evidence, it’s just fanciful talk that, IMHO hurts your theory rather than helps it.

I’d be interested to see you cite a court case where nitrate evidence was thrown out because of swirling air. Lawyer Mark Lane said that the negative nitrate cheek test would have been court admissible evidence that Oswald did not fire a rifle that day. Until I hear a persuasive argument by another lawyer as to why it wouldn’t be considered legally admissible in a court of law, I’m going to have to go with Lane’s interpretation of the contemporary rules of evidence.

Denny Z-

Thanks for reading, and you certainly raise a lot of reasonable challenges. 

Here goes with my responses---keep in mind I consider a reasonable premise that pre-JFKA witting participants are few, very few.  

1. "No serious researcher says LOH had nothing to do with it." OK, then we agree.

In my essay, I leave open that LOH may have had another role. Some researchers do suggest "Oswald had nothing to do with it." Even Garrison once said so, but he might have been indulging in rhetorical flourish. 

2. Was Oswald expendable? I am going to ask an unfair question. Can you detail another peacetime CIA mission in which a loyal CIA officer or serious asset was turned into a patsy, and slated for death? (The question is "unfair" as there may have been such a mission, and it is secret).  But I know of no such mission. 

Sure, in wartime, under extreme duress, decisions have to be made. But the JFKA, false, fake or otherwise, was a volitional peacetime mission, with options. If the CIA wanted JFK dead, they had many options. JFK could be poisoned, or maybe just run out of office by exposing his love life, if that was their goal.  

3. If the DPD was part the JFKA, and wanted LOH dead, they had ample opportunity at the Texas Theater. Listen, in Los Angeles, if a suspect draws weapon on the LAPD, he will be dead. I stand by my assessment. By the account of multiple witnesses, LOH drew a weapon on the DPD and lived. I call that remarkable restraint. Whether LOH's gun misfired etc., who knows. 

4. LOH not sweating in the second-floor coke machine encounter. LOH was a former Marine and 24 years old. Perhaps not a fitness buff, but you are talking about a young guy walking briskly down the stairs. It was not a hot day. LOH had 75-90 seconds to get there. People have paced off the TSBD walk many times, and it is doable. LOH feigned nonchalance, and was quickly vouched for by Truly. Marion Baker did not examine LOH, but hustled quickly past. 

5. If you have a photo of LOH outside of the TSBD at the time of the shooting, bring it on. 

6. The shells in the sniper's nest. Yes, supposedly there were three. Some say the evidence was monkeyed with before the photographer got there.

Or, LOH fired once and headed for the exit, and Eladio Del Valle tossed a couple shells down, and then fired in earnest. 

7. I do not think it is farfetched that LOH may have washed his face, or sweated, on his way to the Texas Theater, or inside the Texas Theater. Or visited the bathroom at Beckley. Or stuck a small piece of cardboard as a shield on his face when firing.  Why is this farfetched? 

The ordinary nitrate tests are no longer admissible court evidence, and are not used anymore. In briedm they are unreliable. 

Pat Sheer says the cheek cast itself was washed before Guinn did his fancy neutron thing. I stand by my assessment the cheek cast is inconclusive at best. I would not hang a man, or exonerate him, on such evidence. 

8. I would like to know who turned off the power to the TSBD too. LOH? A prankster? Possibly. I am not sure how turning off the power aids in the JFKA, fake, false-flag, or not. With the lift out, the shooters are trying to escape by the stairs, and now pursuers have no choice but to go up the stairs. Seems like a bad move to me. 

9. Euins credibility. Yes, Euins credibility can be challenged. Maybe Euins was a kook. No one else saw a bald man shooting. No one has a photo of the gunman, despite plenty of press photographers. But my false-flag fake assassination scenario holds up under different details. I just offered a version, with Del Valle. Sheesh, maybe the real shooters were on the Dal-tex roof top, and LOH fired twice and missing, while the real shooters did their work with silencers. 

10. The grassy knoll shooter? I contend Eladio Del Valle brought along the grassy knoll shooter to aid in his, Del Valle's escape. The diversion worked to a large extent. A grassy knoll shooter was not in Phillips' false flag, fake assassination plan. It was piggybacked on. 

Well, those are my responses. 

Thanks for reading. Obviously, there are a lot of opinions in this matter.  Perhaps we disagree, and that's okay. 

3 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Destroying the single bullet theory is circling the wagons?  He wrote contemporaneous notes at 5:30 eastern time 11/22, before there were any wagons to circle.

He wrote that he was looking to the right on Elm St.  Willis 5 shows him facing to the right.  He heard a firecracker sound and turned to look at JFK.  Altgens 6 shows him with blurred facial features, consistent with head movement.  He wrote that he saw JFK hit about four inches down the shoulder, on the right side.  The bullet holes in the back of JFK's clothes are four inches below the bottom of the collars, to the right.  He described a "bang...bang bang" shooting sequence consistent with 55 other ear-witnesses.

SS SA Glen Bennett's statement is the most robustly corroborated individual account in the entire case.

Come on Cliff. You’re blinded by your adherence to the shot in the back that you dismiss the rest. Do you think there were three shots? Do you think the head shot came from the rear?

Euins, who attended National Defense Cadet Corps for a year described many gun parts protruding from the window .... but no scope

Mr. EUINS. The man in the window. I could see his hand, and I could see his other hand on the trigger, and one hand was on the barrel thing.

Mr. SPECTER. How far was it sticking out of the window would you say then, Amos?
Mr. EUINS. I would say it was about something like that.
Mr. SPECTER. Indicating about 3 feet?
Mr. EUINS. You know--the trigger housing and stock and receiver group out the window.

Mr. SPECTER. ...... could you see whether or not there was a telescopic lens on the gun?
Mr. EUINS. No, sir.

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Come on Cliff. You’re blinded by your adherence to the shot in the back that you dismiss the rest.

Dismiss the rest of what?

Do you think there were three shots?

A simultaneous volley of multiple shots sounds like a single report.

Do you think the head shot came from the rear?

What part of Bennett's statement precludes his observation of a high right rear exit wound?

Very thoughtful post but I have following comments:

1. Oswald could have been told to hang by the first floor phone for a call. it doesnt make sense to have him fire a shot and then have Del Valle take his shots. too much time for Del Valle to prep and sight his prey.  there was no reason for LHO to be on the 6th floor if there was a false flag operation. no need to convince him its ok since there will be a Grassy Knoll distraction. he was there as the patsy. he didnt need to fire a shot.

2. How does del Valle stick out his head in the tiny opening that existed much less fire a rifle? 

3. For a rifle to be seen from the street by Euins or Brennan protruding from the window would have required the shooter to be fully extending his arms-far removed from his head much less his eye. Not exactly the way someone fires a rifle. That object was intended to be seen likely as a distraction for the other rear located gunman. Perhaps that was LHO's role but there are enough witnesses who saw him from 11:55 to 12:20 to seriously question that he was on the sixth floor. Even Curry said no one can put oswald on the sixth floor holding a rifle at 12:30.    

4. Accusing a high level officer of plotting to kill a president is an extraordinary claim that requires extraordinary evidence. Even a false flag plot is very dangerous and requires more than a mere supposition. I really cannot buy that Phillips was involved in any sort of plot. He was too good a PR guy to know the risks-having already learned some serious lessons with Cuba.  

5. The exile groups were automonous and CIA had very little control. More likely the planning was done at a case officer level or even a contract agent (like Rosselli). The more likely solution is that one of their handlers told them about the backchannel efforts JFK was having with Castro (JFK and his national security team were advised by the overture in Sept) and felt that was strike 3. Word could have been leaked to more senior officials but discounted (a likely conduit was Roselli to Harvey who would have shared with one his friends at the CIA (harvey and roselli are known to have met several times during the summer of 63).

6. I agree that the Mafia-exile did it alone theory fails short because of the need to control the autopsy. Was advance knowledge by senior officials about a plot (but not organized by them) required to plan this or was the botched autopsy the result of the ad hoc planning-- especially since Mrs. Kennedy was given the choice of where the autopsy was to be done (was she "led" into choosing Bethesda instead of Walter Reed)?

6.   The Walker evidence is adequate to establish LHO has a shooter. assuming the evidence was admissible (marina likely would have been unable to testify because of the spousal privilege in effect), there were sufficient questions about the evidence to establish beyond a reasonable doubt that LHO was the shooter.  

19 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

8. I would like to know who turned off the power to the TSBD too. LOH? A prankster? Possibly. I am not sure how turning off the power aids in the JFKA, fake, false-flag, or not. With the lift out, the shooters are trying to escape by the stairs, and now pursuers have no choice but to go up the stairs. Seems like a bad move to me. 

The power being shut off seems to me very significant. I don't think it was a prank or LHO, my immediate suspicion is the power was shut off in order to allow someone to clandestinely and safely get to the first floor and exit by using the inside of the elevator shaft. In doing this it would allow safe passage unobserved.

3 hours ago, Richard Booth said:

The power being shut off seems to me very significant. I don't think it was a prank or LHO, my immediate suspicion is the power was shut off in order to allow someone to clandestinely and safely get to the first floor and exit by using the inside of the elevator shaft. In doing this it would allow safe passage unobserved.

Richard Booth--

From researcher Armstrong

https://harveyandlee.net/TSBD_Elevator/TSBD_elevator.html

From the last shot fired at President Kennedy, it had taken Baker between a minute and fifteen seconds and a minute and thirty seconds to park his motorcycle, meet up with Roy Truly at the entrance to the the building, and arrive at the freight elevators at the back of the building. BAKER AND TRULY ARRIVED AT THE FREIGHT ELEVATORS ONLY MOMENTS AFTER VICTORIA ADAMS AND SANDRA STYLES ARRIVED ON THE FIRST FLOOR (ONE MINUTE AFTER SHOTS WERE FIRED) AND THEN HURRIED OUT THE BACK DOOR OF THE BUILDING. Truly pushed the elevator call button but the neither the east nor west elevators responded (the electricity was off). Truly looked up the elevator shaft and saw that both elevators were on the 5th floor. Truly then began running up the old wooden stairs, with Officer Baker following. He ran up to the second floor and was beginning to run up to the 3rd floor when Officer Baker saw a man "walking away from the stairway." Later that afternoon Baker gave an affidavit to the DPD and said, "I called to the man (HARVEY Oswald) and he turned around and came back toward me. The building manager said, 'I know that man he works here.' I turned the man loose and went up to the top floor."

---30---

Armstrong posits people may have been able to descend through the elevator shaft, but I guess if Truly had looked up the freight elevator shaft, then it must have been the passenger elevator shaft that provided an escape route. And that is wht Armstrong suggests. 

There does seem a flaw in this, as Armstrong posits that the escapers removed large heavy wooden floor planks to make their entrance to the shaft. How they got the planks back into place remains a puzzle. 

Armstrong's presentation is nearly impenetrable, btw. 

I am not so concerned about people secretly entering the TSBD. That could have been done the night before the JFKA, simple lock-and-key job.  

Other unidentified people were seen leaving the TSBD in the immediate aftermath of the JFKA, including a man in brown coat. 

Richard---have you an explanation of where the escapers got into the passenger elevator shaft, and where they egressed?