The Education Forum

Sirhan's pending parole - Kerry Kennedy speaks out

Steve Roe

In addition to Kerry Kennedy, the eldest son of RFK, Joseph Kennedy has voiced his disgust with the Parole Board's recent ruling. Now it will go to the larger Parole Board, and then ultimately to Governor Gavin Newsom. 

You can bet your bottom dollar they will fight this. I support their efforts to get this overturned. 

I am confident Sirhan will remain, where he should be, in prison for the rest of his life. 

Assassin's parole recommendation condemned by Kennedy's daughter (newsnationnow.com)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess RFK Jr. and Douglas Kennedy are the only RFK children to really look into their father's murder.  You can't shoot somebody facing you from 8-10' away behind the ear from One Inch Away.

A Lie Too Big to Fail: The Real History of the Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy: Pease, LIsa, DiEugenio, James: 9781627310703: Amazon.com: Books

Why do the RFK children who are angry at the possible parole of Sirhan refuse to even consider the possibility that there was another shooter and Sirhan was just the patsy?

Their father believed JFK murder was a conspiracy.

You'd think they would be at least somewhat open ( like their father was about JFK's killing ) to the possibility that his murder was a conspiracy as well.

Hey Joe,

For some of the reasons in this thread here:

Basically, for the offspring that are against the parole, Sirhan being the culprit offered them closure. I can see why they wouldn’t want read about the killing, why they just want it left alone. We would go to the end of the earth to find justice for our slain father but, some people just want the tragedy washed away with the ebbing tide, they lock it away in their minds. It can even be a protection mechanism, that they are blocking it. Would they rather live in a world accepting the killing by a loan nut in a random occurrence or, facing the reality that the CIA that organised the killing are still at large and are doing the same stuff? It might consume them and ruin their lives? The angst, the stress, the feeling the need to do right by the father that was taken. There is much to ponder and for some people life is easier to bury your head in the sand. Really, thats most people today, we know the injustice and corruption that Robert F Kennedy fought against is as bad as ever, but, it’s easier to be apathetic, and just live life in the moment. 
Maybe a question is: did John F Kennedy’s murder consume his brother, Robert F Kennedy? Did John F Kennedy Jr’s life become consumed with the death of his father? Is Robert F Kennedy Jr’s life becoming consumed with the death of his father? 
To what extent does JFK’s death consume us and our time? And we aren’t related to them and this is almost 60 years on. 

Cheers

Chris

Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, the former lieutenant governor of Maryland,

joined her brothers Robert Jr. and Douglas in supporting Sirhan's parole.

Anyway, we don't determine justice by taking a vote of the children

of the victim but by studying the facts of the case. The fact is

abundantly clear that Sirhan did not shoot Senator Robert Kennedy.

16 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I guess RFK Jr. and Douglas Kennedy are the only RFK children to really look into their father's murder.  You can't shoot somebody facing you from 8-10' away behind the ear from One Inch Away.

A Lie Too Big to Fail: The Real History of the Assassination of Robert F. Kennedy: Pease, LIsa, DiEugenio, James: 9781627310703: Amazon.com: Books

Ron, so what was Sirhan doing there with his .22 Iver-Johnson revolver?

Firing Blanks in the air?

12 hours ago, Joseph McBride said:

Kathleen Kennedy Townsend, the former lieutenant governor of Maryland,

joined her brothers Robert Jr. and Douglas in supporting Sirhan's parole.

Anyway, we don't determine justice by taking a vote of the children

of the victim but by studying the facts of the case. The fact is

abundantly clear that Sirhan did not shoot Senator Robert Kennedy.

Mr. McBride, as of today I see nothing that Kathleen Kennedy Townsend supported RFK Jr. and Douglas Kennedy's recommendation that Sirhan be paroled. 

Maybe you have a source that I am not aware of.

I do acknowledge that Kathleen Kennedy Townsend has supported RFK Jr.'s call for a "Re-Investigation" in the 15th Parole hearing, not a Parole Release. 

48 minutes ago, Steve Roe said:

The law requires that for conviction of a criminal offense, the jury must be satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt.  If there is a reasonable doubt, then the jury must find the accused not guilty.

In my own jury I have trouble with a guilty verdict.

1) The autopsy evidence from Noguchi does not allow Sirhan to have fired the shot into RFK's head from witnesses testimony relating to Sirhan's position in front of the victim.

2) Bullet holes in RFK's clothing, originating below and traversing upwards also could not be fired from Sirhan's position.

3) The total wounds of victims in the pantry + recovered bullet holes in the pantry exceed the Iver-Johnson chamber'.

4) Even under hypnosis the accused had no recall of events in the pantry.

5) Many witnesses gave testimony of Sirhan being accompanied by a 'girl in a poka-dot dress'.  Strangely never located after the event.

6) Like the investigations in Dallas and Memphis, the LAPD had their man and case closed.

21 hours ago, Steve Roe said:

I am confident Sirhan will remain, where he should be, in prison for the rest of his life. 

Yes Steve, sadly I have little confidence in Sirhan being released.

1 hour ago, Pete Mellor said:

Yes Steve, sadly I have little confidence in Sirhan being released.

I unfortunately have to agree with you on that.  If Sirhan were freed, there might be a possibility of someone other than those who have controlled him and access to him to accidentally get access.  Even though the odds are long, he (Sirhan) might have some unknown bits of information.  I think that he might be killed ala Oswald if it appears to be coming to fruition.

3 minutes ago, Richard Price said:

I unfortunately have to agree with you on that.  If Sirhan were freed, there might be a possibility of someone other than those who have controlled him and access to him to accidentally get access.  Even though the odds are long, he (Sirhan) might have some unknown bits of information.  I think that he might be killed ala Oswald if it appears to be coming to fruition.

Yeah Richard, many of your thoughts have crossed my mind too.  Although I wrote to the Parole Board earlier this year I was ignorant of the rigmarole involved.  Sure, in U.K. a parole decision is then sent up to the Home Secretary for his final yea or nay.  American jail terms are much longer.  Here a life term is somewhere around 20-25 years, so after over fifty years behind bars I tend to think it is well past time for clemency.   Many on this Forum hold strong suspicions of MK/Ultra involvement, so yes, there could still be interests in keeping a lid on things. 

I searched again and found stories that Kathleen Kennedy Townsend supported

a reinvestigation of the case in 2018 but that she did not speak out before

the parole hearing. I could not find the story that I read saying she did speak out

recently about it.

Edited by Joseph McBride

11 hours ago, Steve Roe said:

Some have speculated about that based on witness statements about paper or confetti seen when the gun shot flashes occurred.  Some witnesses thought there was a man crouched down on the prep table to his right and behind him firing over his shoulder.

But two points cinch the deal for me on Sirhan not firing the shots that hit RFK, one of them ultimately killing him.

Five other people were wounded.  Paul Schrade,  William Weisel, Ira Goldstein, Irwin Stroll and Elizabeth Evans.  RFK was wounded once in he head, twice in the side and one bullet passed through his coat.  That's Nine shots out of Sirhan's Eight shot Iver-Johnson revolver.  Go ahead, tell me the shot passing through RFK's coat hitting one of the others, so only 8 shots.  Then you want us to believe Sirhan, being tackled by the second - third shot firing wildly as he was and after he was hit somebody with every shot.  This before we get to the bullet holes in the door frame and ceiling tiles.

Then there's that punctuate stellate wound behind the right ear, from behind, the one that killed RFK.  Steve knows a lot about the JFK assassination.  Surely he remembers Rose Cheramie's punctuate stellate wound.  The one seen by the doctor who first treated her and the one at the hospital along with the nurses there.  He should know that this means the shot came from 1-2-3" away.  That the gunpowder and gasses don't dissipate in the air, that they get under the skin around the wound and cause the skin to rise up and turn grayish in color.  As opposed to a nice clean entry wound from say a foot, or more away.  

Edited by Ron Bulman

Rory Kennedy has an op-ed in the NYT today demanding

Sirhan be kept in prison. Governor Newsom, facing a recall election, hedged in an interview

about what he would do, saying he will wait for the parole board report, but went out of his way to say

what a great admirer of RFK he is. One of the RFK children said

when she met Newsom, he recited five RFK speeches verbatim. People

confuse their understandable admiration for RFK with unthinking

acceptance of the untenable lone-nut theory that Sirhan shot him. It does not look promising

for Sirhan with all this pressure from the ignorant and/or in denial

children of RFK vs. their two siblings who understand the case and spoke out for parole.

A further tragic situation for Sirhan.

Edited by Joseph McBride