The Education Forum

Sirhan's pending parole - Kerry Kennedy speaks out

Steve Roe

And the rightwing extremist Larry Elder said he would not grant parole.

Whoever wins the crazy recall, is installed something like 38 days later. 

Therefore we really do not know who will be in office.

Its hard for me to understand this crying out for revenge by the family of RFK.  Sirhan has already served about three times what the average convict does for that crime. Therefore, purely on the comparative analysis, Sirhan is being used politically.  What makes it worse: he has been a model prisoner.  So just on those issues, he should have been freed a long time ago.  

But as anyone who studies this case knows, not only did Sirhan not shoot RFK, it was not possible for him to shoot RFK. I mean Dan Moldea, in his piece of crud book, went to the most nutty extremes to try and make this conclusion possible, and he could not do it. And he got mad at me for showing it was BS.

The man who shot RFK is dead, Thane Eugene Cesar. Thanks to the LAPD, he got a pass.

The reason Sirhan was in the position he was is due to the GIrl in the Polka Dot Dress, who admitted she was part of the plot, both before it happened with Fahey,  and after it happened, as she escaped out the back stairs. She got away also.  So we are supposed to keep Sirhan in prison instead of two people who actually were involved and were allowed to escape? 

What was the name of that Shirley Jackson short story?

Edited by James DiEugenio

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/31/2021 at 5:26 PM, Joseph McBride said:

I searched again and found stories that Kathleen Kennedy Townsend supported

a reinvestigation of the case in 2018 but that she did not speak out before

the parole hearing. I could not find the story that I read saying she did speak out

recently about it.

Stories do pass quickly into oblivion on the internet/M$M.  I've wasted several hours looking for articles I read just a day or two or before without success.  This does not mean KKT changed her opinion about a reinvestigation.  It's a shame some of her siblings are so narrow minded and ignorant regarding such. 

Edited by Ron Bulman

13 hours ago, James DiEugenio said:

And the rightwing extremist Larry Elder said he would not grant parole.

Whoever wins the crazy recall, is installed something like 38 days later. 

Therefore we really do not know who will be in office.

Its hard for me to understand this crying out for revenge by the family of RFK.  Sirhan has already served about three times what the average convict does for that crime. Therefore, purely on the comparative analysis, Sirhan is being used politically.  What makes it worse: he has been a model prisoner.  So just on those issues, he should have been freed a long time ago.  

But as anyone who studies this case knows, not only did Sirhan not shoot RFK, it was not possible for him to shoot RFK. I mean Dan Moldea, in his piece of crud book, went to the most nutty extremes to try and make this conclusion possible, and he could not do it. And he got mad at me for showing it was BS.

The man who shot RFK is dead, Thane Eugene Cesar. Thanks to the LAPD, he got a pass.

The reason Sirhan was in the position he was is due to the GIrl in the Polka Dot Dress, who admitted she was part of the plot, both before it happened with Fahey,  and after it happened, as she escaped out the back stairs. She got away also.  So we are supposed to keep Sirhan in prison instead of two people who actually were involved and were allowed to escape? 

What was the name of that Shirley Jackson short story?

So Mr. DiEugenio, did Sirhan really fire blanks from his .22 Iver-Johnson revolver, as your close associate, Lisa Pease has repeatedly said?

I thought the firing blanks supposition by Pease was suspect too. But it’s really besides the point isn’t it? The only questions that matter are who fired the kill shots, and what does Sirhan remember about his actions? No one has been able to crack Sirhan. He seems not to remember anything about shooting RFK. And the coroner’s report leaves little doubt that he didn’t fire the kill shot. 

The only person in position to fire those shots was Thane Cesar.

Who also had a gun similar to Sirhan's, and he lied about it.

This is really sad.  An immigrant, in a nation of immigrants used by his "welcoming government".  The last best hope of Democracy's children ignorant about the circumstances and facts  of their Father's Murder.  A Murder Most Foul, said the father in the dream.

Edited by Ron Bulman

That's true Ron, but that's nothing new.  This is going to sound harsh, but the Kennedy family always been rather, I would say  gutless. Certainly no one can say, they spoke out with courage. And after the JFKA, many were looking for some grasp of a hand. They've  never really been any help, or source of encouragement to the JFKAC until relatively very recent history. We have the presupposition that RFK was keeping silent until he planned to open an investigation into the death of his brother  once he was elected President, which could be true, but I never really bought into it much. But still, that could explain a few things.

But what possible political reason could the successive generations have for keeping shut?. No one would necessarily begrudge the Kennedy' clan for using their resources to further pursue investigating  the assassinations of their family members. In fact they would have been a very potent force at keeping the outrage and the skepticism fresh in the public mind when the trail was fresh. I'm not sure what future  political aspirations would hamper them as in the alleged case of Bobby, but certainly none of those aspirations ever came to be played out.

There's some crass remarks being made here about the Kennedy family. I would like to remind you that it was their father, not yours, that died because of Sirhan.

RFK Jr. has a history of nutty conspiracy theories, including the Covid Vaccine aimed at Afro-Americans. And there is more.....

The rest of the immediate Kennedy family don't buy into nutty conspiracy theories, so they are not gutless, in denial, ad nauseum. Just because you buy into this fantasy about Sirhan being innocent of anything.......you can't selfishly demand they do. 

Think about what you are saying. 

You're right Steve, If they didn't believe they were conspiracies, they could hardly be called gutless. When I say "gutless".  I'm referring to those who were silent for many years and have recently come out this century. If they believed that, why were they quiet for so many years?

I suspect the Kennedy's are like a lot  of families, they have some believers,  some agnostics and some skeptics.

Sirhan had a support system inside the prison that coached him

https://theintercept.com/2021/09/08/sirhan-sirhan-parole-suge-knight/

26 minutes ago, paul maggio said:

Well, it's a shame that so many in the Kennedy family still haven't read, or understood, Lisa Pease's book about the RFK assassination.

Kind of odd, really.  You'd think they would be more curious.

32 minutes ago, Joseph McBride said:

There's a lot of denial among some of the Kennedy family. The

ones who look into the cases and speak out are admirable exceptions.

It’s probably the worst time to speak out, given the reputation destruction for everyone else who goes against the grain these days. It’s pretty ruinous accusing the state of anything. Which is why I commend RFK Jr on most of the work he is doing, it would be far easier to just live off his inheritance. It’s easy for us to point the finger when we have little to lose or risk in what we are doing.

I think few people here can relate to what it is like having constant constant threats to their lives or the lives of their children. A few years ago the FBi released information about the threats made to Ted and the way they were directed at the young children. Just imagine you getting a letter through the post that says acid will be thrown into the eyes of the kids while they leave school etc. The way it would affect you or your partner psychologically would be immense. For the family, they must think that justice doesn’t exist, that’s a theatre for us to buy into.