The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

35 minutes ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

HYGIENE tips for Wheeler, his friends and the unmasked. Including now 2 new Titan Texas politicians, Gohmert and Hunt.

1) First defecate

2)Clean yourself up before leaving the toilet. It's a good idea to be well stocked with toilet paper, but I wouldn't presume to infringe on your freedom., that's only if you choose.

3)Flush and leave the toilet area,  THEN ... WASH YOUR HANDS!   It must be in that order! You see , it's sort of self defeating to wash your hands first, because....well........I don't want to confuse you guys with a bunch of details. Just do it in this order,  EVERY TIME!

I didn't think I would have had to have said this but, get your wife to do it too. Tell her it's because you love her!

Pretty much. It's a lot to ask. With these types it's akin to landing at Normandy.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Trump’s vaccine chief picks his own former employer—where he still holds millions worth of stock—for $2.1 billion deal

Published 29 mins ago on July 31, 2020

By

Common Dreams

“The White House on Friday awarded a record-breaking $2.1 billion contract for development of a Covid-19 vaccine, raising questions about a former pharmaceutical executive’s involvement in the administration’s decision.

The deal is for 100 million doses of a vaccine manufactured by Sanofi, a French drug maker, and its British partner GlaxoSmithKline (GSK).

Dr. Moncef Slaoui, a former GSK executive, is head of the White House’s Operation Warp Speed, the administration’s program to develop and disburse an effective coronavirus vaccine. Slaoui’s connection to his former company has been the focus of concern from advocacy groups and politicians skeptical of his claims of neutrality.

“It is a huge conflict of interest for the White House’s new vaccine czar to own $10 million of stock in a company receiving government funding to develop a Covid-19 vaccine,” Warren tweeted. “Dr. Slaoui should divest immediately.”

As Common Dreams reported, the former executive’s refusal to relinquish his shares in the company made the process of awarding a contract a “sham,” in the words of former Office of Government Ethics director Walter Shaub.”

The corruption is just staggering.

Steve Thomas

57 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

If the Covid virus is shown to be man-made, then how does one not logically consider the "panic" is man-made as well?

This is an interesting conspiracy theory.

In order for a eugenicist agenda to have maximum impact the President must be criminally incompetent, someone who exacerbates the spread of the virus with every move.

Any professional American politician would have followed the well established game plan for pandemics, which has been worked out for decades.  The Covid would have been right in Hillary’s wheelhouse — no way does she risk a second term for a manufactured panic.

Maybe that’s why the “deep state” installed Trump in the rigged 2016 election.  The disenfranchisement of 16 million voters between 2014 and 2016; the bogus FBI investigations into Clinton; the constant media coverage of her e-mails.

Maybe “They” pegged Trump for the malevolent idiot he is, and greased his way into the White House knowing he’d do everything to make it worse.

New report suggests Trump chose negligent homicide as his pandemic response

https://stoehr.substack.com/p/ebe4b56d-dba0-42ef-9c42-94210c0e221f

Edited by Cliff Varnell

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

That of course takes us down another Rabbit Hole that many seem eager to fill with dirt.

Like how does the derivative of a normal cold virus acquire characteristics that are potentially harmful over the long term?

Are there different strains? A deadly strain and a spreadable strain?

If the Covid virus is shown to be man-made, then how does one not logically consider the "panic" is man-made as well?

FYI - The predecessor location to the Dugway Proving Grounds (where the military tested (tests?) bio and chemical weapons was Water Island, next to St. Thomas.

It's an interesting little island.

Not a rabbit hole but necessary research. I would not be at all surprised if Covid-19 was an accidental leak of an altered corona virus from a lab. I know personally a major pathologist who is now leaning towards that hypothesis. There may be different strains as viruses mutate. The panic is certainly man made, and perhaps we are not quite panicked enough. I read over the bizarre predictions on the website Deagel.com which you personally brought to our attention. He made those predictions in 2014 and has updated it a few times. He mentions two key factors. One is the Ebola virus, which he points out has a death rate of about 50% with the best medical care, and he speculates what the death rate would be very much higher if it spread into vulnerable populations where medical care was more haphazard. But his main thesis revolves around the collapse of the US economy, which he views as inevitable, resulting in massive migration out of the US. Covid-19 was not predicted by him in any way, but it seems to be accelerating the predicted collapse. Has anyone looked at a chart of the US Dollar Index? It is breaking below intermediate term support and is about 3% above longer term support. It’s not a pretty chart, and it may herald a coming collapse. But Deagel’s prediction had nothing to do with a pandemic per se. The Empire is collapsing, or so it seems to me. Financial safe havens are now big tech stocks. The upwards move in gold is perhaps dollar based. Real estate in desirable areas outside of big cities like NYC and S.F. is exploding, as it is REAL and interest rates are very low. All the signs are pointing to big trouble ahead. 
it would be easy to blame this epidemic, but I think it is the straw (or maybe a log) breaking the injured camel’s back. 

The price of gold has gone up 25 % in the last six months.

37% in the last year.

Ralph's, the largest supermarket chain in LA, does not give coin change back anymore.

Is the cashless society on its way?

23 minutes ago, James DiEugenio said:

Is the cashless society on its way?

I've been saying this for a while.  Look at parallel developments in Britain.  It will become the norm in large cities first, then spread.

When cash is criminalized, only criminals will have cash.  And that'll be us.

I assume grand-scale money launderers have been preparing digital strategies for some time, to cover narcotics money.

Edited by David Andrews

35 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

I know.

They changed the way it is dispensed. It used to come in a dispenser that shot a stream of the "juice" way up there. It is now sold as a swab or as a nasal spray (as opposed to stream.)

I like to live on the edge Niederhut. I don't where a mask if I can help it. I spray dangerous elements in my nose. I have been known to pet unfamiliar dogs and eat leftovers out of the fridge when no one else will touch them.

Well, on the bright side, if you use enough Zicam, you won't have to smell anything rotten when you eat leftovers that have gone bad. 🤪

As for fiat currency and gold, my gold fund holdings are now up $100K since March. (And probably poised for a plunge.)

On the flip side, my dollars are being systematically devalued.

What would you do with cash right now?  Real estate?  Hog bellies?

(I don't have a clue.)

2 hours ago, Cliff Varnell said:

No way.  Too many people at the top launder money in black markets, which requires cash.

Or bitcoin.  Too much volatility tho, I reckon.

Best holdings in an apocalypse?  Guns and ammunition?

1 hour ago, Paul Brancato said:

Real estate, especially arable land

As the saying goes "the old man said buy land son.  They ain't makin no more of it."

If I could go back in time to the 70's I think I would find a way to buy two - three hundred acres outside of Jackson Hole Wyoming.  Or maybe just five to ten close in to Vail Colorado.

That said with over half my worth tied up in property that brings in no income and the taxes have become excessive on imo. 

Taxes on land are often unbearably high. 

52 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

As the saying goes "the old man said buy land son.  They ain't makin no more of it."

If I could go back in time to the 70's I think I would find a way to buy two - three hundred acres outside of Jackson Hole Wyoming.  Or maybe just five to ten close in to Vail Colorado.

That said with over half my worth tied up in property that brings in no income and the taxes have become excessive on imo. 

I bought my son 1/3 acre and a smallish house upstate in California and he and his wife are making the most of it. My friends think I’m overly pessimistic but I honestly think we are watching a total economic breakdown here, so I encouraged them  to try growing food. They took to it with boundless enthusiasm. If you raise chickens and grow vegetables you can survive the worst of times. Yes, Jackson and Vail were great choices. One family member recently bought some acres in Taos, and another inherited land in Brenham Texas. 

Edited by Paul Brancato

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Or bitcoin.  Too much volatility tho, I reckon.

Best holdings in an apocalypse?  Guns and ammunition?

Here's my true story about guns and ammo this summer.  (Apologies for the tangent.)

My brother-in-law and nephew told me in June that they saw three gray wolves in a canyon near our old family cabin-- a place where I like to hike and fish.

Wolves have been extinct in Colorado since the 1930s, but they were re-introduced here in recent years, and the Denver Post mentioned in June that people had seen wolves at Aspen's Maroon Bells-- about 40 miles from our cabin.

So, I was a bit nervous about hiking and fishing in the woods up there this month.  Never had to worry about a wolf pack before.  What do you do-- climb a tree?

I decided to buy some bullets for an old Browning pistol I reluctantly inherited, which my dad had, apparently, brought back to the U.S. from Europe after WWII.  (I don't know if he had lifted it off of a dead Nazi, or confiscated it from a live one.  Didn't even know he owned it until after he died.)

I have never bought ammo in my life, or fired a gun.  I researched the Browning, (made in Belgium) and found a Sportsman's Warehouse store that, allegedly sold the correct ammo-- ".32 CAP" (7.65 mm.)

Drove to the store.  Their ammo shelf was completely empty!  No ammo.  Not sure if it is being hoarded by guys with red hats, or what.

So, I borrowed my brother-in-law's .38 special.  Never took it out of the car.  Fortunately, I did not encounter any wolves in the woods.

The End

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Here's my true story about guns and ammo this summer.  (Apologies for the tangent.)

My brother-in-law and nephew told me in June that they saw three gray wolves in a canyon near our old family cabin-- a place where I like to hike and fish.

Wolves have been extinct in Colorado since the 1930s, but they were re-introduced here in recent years, and the Denver Post mentioned in June that people had seen wolves at Aspen's Maroon Bells-- about 40 miles from our cabin.

So, I was a bit nervous about hiking and fishing in the woods up there this month.  Never had to worry about a wolf pack before.  What do you do-- climb a tree?

I decided to buy some bullets for an old Browning pistol I reluctantly inherited, which my dad had, apparently, brought back to the U.S. from Europe after WWII.  (I don't know if he had lifted it off of a dead Nazi, or confiscated it from a live one.  Didn't even know he owned it until after he died.)

I have never bought ammo in my life, or fired a gun.  I researched the Browning, (made in Belgium) and found a Sportsman's Warehouse store that, allegedly sold the correct ammo-- ".32 CAP" (7.65 mm.)

Drove to the store.  Their ammo shelf was completely empty!  No ammo.  Not sure if it is being hoarded by guys with red hats, or what.

So, I borrowed my brother-in-law's .38 special.  Never took it out of the car.  Fortunately, I did not encounter any wolves in the woods.

The End

Not quite. 

The peaceful version.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=keeping+the+wolves+at+bay&docid=608026850635284991&mid=C3AC6EB49071F1B38BD3C3AC6EB49071F1B38BD3&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

Or a more violent version could have been required for self preservation. If wolves were encountered.  Otherwise in black and white, a not inspired version, still best seen in full screen at full volume.