• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Ray Mitcham said:

Thank you. Ron, for this morning's laugh out loud moment.

Sorry, but I don't get it.

Selfie wrists before selfies?

Edited by Joe Bauer

Far-right 'Moms for Liberty' group demands schools stop exposing kids to 'sexy' pictures of seahorses

By Matthew Chapman September 24, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/book-banning/

“On Friday, The Daily Beast reported that a far-right group in Williamson County, Tennessee, is demanding schools censor a number of books and subjects — including an unusual demand regarding pictures of marine life.”

“Among their demands are that lessons about Martin Luther King, Jr. and Ruby Bridges be cut for being divisive, lessons about civil rights crackdowns be cut for "negative views of firemen and police," and lessons about Galileo be revised for being too anti-church. The story of Johnny Appleseed was also condemned as "sad and dark," Greek and Roman mythology for depicting the goddess Venus naked, and textbooks explaining the effects of hurricanes as too violent for first graders. But one of the oddest crusades of the group is against a children's picture book on seahorses, which they believe, according to Weill, "is too sexy.""

Galileo?

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

And God, pleas don't ever make me live in Tennessee.

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, David Andrews said:

Who am I to look down?

If given that choice, I suppose I'd be an onanonist.

In a related matter. I found these old home movies of Lady Bird.  Very pretty, sort of Texas High Society 1941.  What a gal!

I tried to queue it to the second movie that she's in at 3:01.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Bits and pieces that have washed up on my computer screen:

I lived in a houseboat for a while and started seeing the girl next door...Eventually, we drifted apart.

My boyfriend tried to make me have sex on the hood of his Honda Civic...I refused. If I'm going to have sex, it is going to be on my own Accord.

A man tried to sell me a coffin today...I told him, that's the last thing I need.

The neighborhood barber just got arrested for selling drugs...We had been his customers for 8 years. We had no idea he was a barber.

100 years ago everyone had a horse and only the rich had cars. Nowadays everyone has a car and only the rich have horses...Oh how the stables have turned.

My boyfriend was dying. I was by his bedside when he said something with a weak voice, "There's something I must confess."..."Shhh," I said "There's nothing to confess. Everything is alright."..."No, I must die in peace," he said, "I had sex with your sister, your best friend, and your co-worker"..."I know" I whispered, "That's why I poisoned you... Now close your eyes."

Did you hear about McDonald's trying to get into the high-end steakhouse market?...It was a Big McSteak.