The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

35 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

At this point, there may be a 2022 GOP midterm sweep.  But does Trump really have control?  Is the 2024 nom lying in the street for anyone to snatch up, as Napoleon said of the French crown?

For Ron Bulman:

Well, they say politics should be measured in dog years, and a lot can happen between now and November.  

That said, the oddsmakers are calling a 'Phant sweep.

I predict Biden will be impeached in 2023, but will survive the Senate vote. Remember, Congress can do what it wants. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Ty- I can't get mad at Biden for speaking the truth about that idiot when he was not aware he was on mic; thousands of people say the same thing about Doocy every day in this country.

That said, Biden, being the class act he is, called Doocy and apologized, something we all know Trump never did, despite his 5 year war on the American free press.

So, sorry, but there will be no clutching of pearls over this one.

Matt,

I will give Biden credit for apologizing, even though it was not much of an apology. It was more an acknowledgement that he made a mistake.

Your comment is telling though, if it was Trump who said this, you would be up in arms calling for impeachment or something. But since it's your guy, it's all good. Perhaps this type of attitude is partially responsible for our inability to find common ground and work together on things in this country?

27 House members sign letter asking Nancy Pelosi and Kevin McCarthy to bring stock trading ban to the floor: 'We came to Congress to serve our country, not turn a quick buck'

It's signed by 25 Democrats and 2 Republicans!

Alex Jones met with 1/6 committee and says he pleaded the Fifth 'almost 100 times'

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/25/politics/alex-jones-january-6-plead-fifth/index.html

John Eastman law prof who authored memo on how Pence could block certification of Electoral College vote, invoked 5th Amendment 146 times!

At hearing on John Eastman's efforts to block 1/6 committee from getting his emails, Doug Letter, House counsel, reveals that Eastman, law prof who authored memo on how Pence could block certification of Electoral College vote, invoked 5th Amendment 146 times.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

7 hours ago, Ty Carpenter said:

Matt,

I will give Biden credit for apologizing, even though it was not much of an apology. It was more an acknowledgement that he made a mistake.

Your comment is telling though, if it was Trump who said this, you would be up in arms calling for impeachment or something. But since it's your guy, it's all good. Perhaps this type of attitude is partially responsible for our inability to find common ground and work together on things in this country?

Ty,

C'mon, man... common ground?  With Trump supporters who have been chanting, "Let's go, Brandon!" (i.e., "F*** Joe Biden!") all year?  When did you guys finally start deploring profanity?

Common ground with guys who have been making death threats to U.S. election officials, refusing to acknowledge that Biden won the 2020 election, or that Trump incited a violent attack on the U.S. Congress to block the certification of Biden's election?

What sort of "common ground" do you have in mind?  I'm all ears.

As for Biden privately referring to the Fox News gadfly, Peter Doocy, as a "stupid son-of-a-bitch" (on an accidentally open mic) were you similarly outraged when Trump said, "Get that son-of-a-bitch off the field!" when he saw Civil Rights protester Colin Kaepernick kneeling on an NFL sideline?   Remember that comment?

Which was the more egregious Presidential comment, in your opinion-- a POTUS privately cursing about a sleazy Fox News propagandist, or a POTUS public cursing about a conscientious Civil Rights protester?

Image tagged in covid-19 - Imgflip

And guess which one's going to go...

Neil Young demands Spotify remove his music over Joe Rogan vaccine misinformation

‘They can have Rogan or Young. Not both,’ writes musician in an open letter to his management that has since been taken down from his website

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jan/25/neil-young-demands-spotify-remove-his-music-over-joe-rogan-vaccine-misinformation

Just now, David Andrews said:

And guess which one's going to go...

Neil Young demands Spotify remove his music over Joe Rogan vaccine misinformation

‘They can have Rogan or Young. Not both,’ writes musician in an open letter to his management that has since been taken down from his website

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2022/jan/25/neil-young-demands-spotify-remove-his-music-over-joe-rogan-vaccine-misinformation

Whilst on one hand people may view it as an ideological stand, on another it may illustrate how disconnected celebrities get from reality at times. Or, it might put Neil Young back in the public domain. 

Was it 50 million views in just two days of the Malone podcast? Some staggering number ... 

My fave of his ...

Neil Young may have been following his friend Graham Nash's lead on this one, although Neil has long been a critic of MP3 digital music, going back to the days when he tried to talk Donald Trump into investing in his (Young's) Pono digital music service.

Graham Nash Slams RFK Jr. for Using His Song in Anti-Vax Rally Video
“I believe in science and facts, and do not support such blatant disregard for either, nor for my rights as a musician,” Nash writes after unauthorized use of 1971 song “Chicago”
www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/graham-nash-rfk-jr-song-anti-vax-rally-video-1289244/

January 22, 2022

10 hours ago, Ty Carpenter said:

Matt,

Ty C---

Civility is gone in public discourse, from all sides. I agree with you, it is sad.

The left has become more censorious---see Neil Young wanting to ban Joe Rogan for having a different point of view, I guess on C19 policies. 

In a more-serious vein, the increasing state-corporate censorship of the Internet should alarm all citizens.  

But we have a new credo: "There should be freedom of speech---for those who agree with me."

The other credo: "Civility is necessary...but only when I am being addressed." 

Keep posting, Ty. I may disagree with you, but all should be encouraged to participate. 

As RFK said, "Dissent should be encouraged." 

Also, stay skeptical on state-corporate-M$M narratives regarding political events. 

2 hours ago, Chris Barnard said:

Whilst on one hand people may view it as an ideological stand, on another it may illustrate how disconnected celebrities get from reality at times. Or, it might put Neil Young back in the public domain. 

Was it 50 million views in just two days of the Malone podcast? Some staggering number ... 

My fave of his ...

It should be an interesting play-out: losing Rogan's audience vs. losing Neil's catalog in perpetuity, if the estate is forbidden to return to Spotify.  Like Dylan's catalog, Neil's will skyrocket in value with his demise.  Will Rogan still have an audience then? 

I'm tempted to call it for Rogan; but in most similar affairs, the party issuing the challenge is brought to compromise his extremist stand.  There will be song publishers and heirs to palliate.

Underrated, moody live album, great with liquor and cigarettes - Road Rock, Vol. 1.  It's all on YouTube, if the Spotify thing goes south:

Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, David Andrews said:

It should be an interesting play-out: losing Rogan's audience vs. losing Neil's catalog in perpetuity, if the estate is forbidden to return to Spotify.  Like Dylan's catalog, Neil's will skyrocket in value with his demise.  Will Rogan still have an audience then? 

I'm tempted to call it for Rogan; but in most similar affairs, the party issuing the challenge is brought to compromise his extremist stand.  There will be song publishers and heirs to palliate.

Underrated, moody live album, great with liquor and cigarettes - Road Rock, Vol. 1.  It's all on YouTube, if the Spotify thing goes south:

I guess that would call for this.  Not to soon be available on spotify?  Thank goodness for you tube for the moment.

Well, since people are posting Neil Young songs, I'm going to post my own cover of Southern Man, one of my favorites from 50 years ago, when I first started singing Neil Young songs at parties.

I can still play a lot of old Neil Young classics-- Tell Me Why, Old Man, Needle and the Damage Done, etc.-- but I stopped singing them around age 17, after my voice dropped an octave.

I had to transcribe Southern Man and a few others down by a fifth to record them with my one man basement studio band.

Herewith...

Southern Man by Guillermo Ambrose | SoundClick

Edited by W. Niederhut

2 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Ty C---

Civility is gone in public discourse, from all sides. I agree with you, it is sad.

The left has become more censorious---see Neil Young wanting to ban Joe Rogan for having a different point of view, I guess on C19 policies. 

In a more-serious vein, the increasing state-corporate censorship of the Internet should alarm all citizens.  

But we have a new credo: "There should be freedom of speech---for those who agree with me."

The other credo: "Civility is necessary...but only when I am being addressed." 

Keep posting, Ty. I may disagree with you, but all should be encouraged to participate. 

As RFK said, "Dissent should be encouraged." 

Also, stay skeptical on state-corporate-M$M narratives regarding political events. 

Politically in the U.S. I've never seen a more dictatorial "cancel culture"  censorship than the current Republican Party There is literally no disagreement allowed to Trump or they will tremble in fear to lose their jobs.. They' even gave up having a party platform. That's unprecedented.

Boycotting is a tool that Young is employing, Of course people can disagree.

Re the Pandemic. You can hem and haw, but it's been going on since the start of civilization. There are epidemics, and people don't want to be around people who can make them or their loved ones fatally sick, no matter how remote a chance the potential carriers think that is. 

As for Neil, I used to do an impersonation of Neil that would bring the house down. I hadn't done it in years, but it was received favorably playing out with my friend in Florida last spring.  And that was fun!

Before he met her. I dated his wife of many years, before he dumped her for Darryl Hannah a few years back , she's since died of cancer.