The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

This is interesting.  I had never heard about Hank Williams' sermonizing alter ego, Luke the Drifter, before.  Wikipedia has a good article on the subject. *

I bought an anthology of Hank Williams' greatest hits a few years ago, after reading Bob Dylan's comments about Hank Williams in Chronicles, (Dylan has a high opinion of Hank Williams as a songwriter) but none of the songs in my anthology are Luke the Drifter songs recorded from 1950-52.

Thanks for sharing this.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Williams_as_Luke_the_Drifter

LP's I recorded to 8-tracks, listened to on the way to Colorado.

Music - 1949 - Hank Williams Sr - Lovesick Blues - Performed At Grand Ole Opry - Bing video

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

As Ron said. Mike Pence has been subpoenaed.

Though the Republicans are scrambling and denying.

We have Mike Lee on record as wanting to phase out Social Security.

Obviously not a big group of people, a true smattering of applause! But undoubtedly a well to do group.

-

Michael Shellenberger explains Twittergate. 

Lots of smart people on this show. 

I would take M$M-Donk snubbing of the Twittergate reveal with a grain of salt...stay skeptical, stay open-minded.  

It sure looks like intel agencies are licking their chops to control social media. Like the M$M...so what else is new? 

14 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Oh come. I do not happen to be Catholic.

I admire Catholic charities, and the small "c" catholicism of the church---in my native Los Angeles, anyone is welcome to worship in a Catholic church. 

Catholics are now the danger to the US? 

Five Catholics are on the Supreme Court. Sound the klaxons? 

The romanist revival? 

Ben, Traditionalist Catholics are conservative Catholics... makes more sense now why it happened doesn't it!?! 

It's the same pattern that the FBI is on with regard to MAGA and huWite people because the FBI was politicized under Obama. Someone who I would recommend  checking out is Taylor Marshall, he wrote a book called Infiltration about how the Vatican was infiltrated by Freemasons, Mafiosos and Intelligence agents from Soviet Union and CIA. It is the Trads that believe that Vatican II is invalid (which happened about the time JFK was Assassinated) was done to weaken the church and bring it in line with other pagan religions, as to be prepared for the New World Order where all governments and religions are on the same level with each other under the United Nations. 

17 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well, so much for Matt Taibbi's selective, partisan "coverage" of Elon Musk's "Twitter Files."

There ought to be a verb for the selective "leakage" of information for partisan political purposes.

Putin did it with hacked Emails during our 2016 election.

Trump and Devin Nunes did it with their "Nunes Memo."

Bill Barr did it with his redacted Mueller Report.

Twitter Kept Entire ‘Database’ of Republican Requests to Censor Posts

Elon Musk's "Twitter Files" focus on Democrats, but former administration officials and Twitter employees say Trump’s team and other Republicans routinely demanded posts be taken down

Twitter Kept Entire ‘Database’ of Republican Requests to Censor Posts – Rolling Stone

February 8, 2023

Well, I'm shocked to see that Ben has completely ignored the latest news about Elon Musk's selective, partisan leakage of the "Twitter Files."

Instead of responding to the new information, Ben posted a YouTube video of Michael Schellenberger-- the right wing propagandist who collaborated in Matt Taibbi's partisan coverage of the "Twitter Files."

Talk about a MAGA echo chamber...

Here's more on Schellenberger's involvement in Elon Musk's "Twitter Files" scam.

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/3770483-american-author-michael-shellenberger-releases-twitter-files-part-4/

Edited by W. Niederhut

17 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Oh come. I do not happen to be Catholic.

I admire Catholic charities, and the small "c" catholicism of the church---in my native Los Angeles, anyone is welcome to worship in a Catholic church. 

Catholics are now the danger to the US? 

Five Catholics are on the Supreme Court. Sound the klaxons? 

The romanist revival? 

They are certainly a danger to children.

7 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Well, I'm shocked to see that Ben has completely ignored the latest news about Elon Musk's selective, partisan leakage of the "Twitter Files."

Instead of responding to the new information, Ben posted a YouTube video of Michael Schellenberger-- the right wing propagandist who collaborated in Matt Taibbi's partisan coverage of the "Twitter Files."

Talk about a MAGA echo chamber...

Here's more on Schellenberger's involvement in Elon Musk's "Twitter Files" scam.

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/3770483-american-author-michael-shellenberger-releases-twitter-files-part-4/

W-

A team of journalists, ranging across the political spectrum, have looked at Twittergate and done solid reporting.

If there is a common denominator among the team, it is that they are independent, and un-aligned with major-party dogmas. 

I advocate that approach for you, me and anyone else.

Partisan polemics are blinding....