The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Joe:

Trump got rid of top level DOD people, including Esper.  He then replaced the with flunkies.

DC has no governor.  Therefore, the DC Guard cannot be activated by the mayor.  The approval had to come from the Defense Secretary.  They did not get there until three hours after the lines were breached. 

Not just that, Hogan of Maryland wanted to send in his NG also. He said he could not get any approval from the Pentagon.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

GOP staffers threatening to quit if their bosses don't impeach Trump: report

January 09, 2021

Matthew Chapman

https://www.rawstory.com/republicans-trump-impeachment/

"And I've been speaking with Republicans and what you are hearing is sheer rage. One of the quotes I heard from a House staffer who has been a Trump supporter from day one, says 'I'm burning my MAGA hat.' They are upset."

"I am even hearing that they are — some Republican staffers are threatening to quit their job if their boss, if their Republican does not support impeachment, and I'm also hearing that some have even quit their positions," said Beavers. "I know of at least two House staffers who have quit their positions because of how their boss voted with the objections on Wednesday about the election certification. So you are really kind of seeing the entire Capitol Hill having this awakening moment and Republicans, while they might not be saying publicly where they are, we are looking at a few maybe moderate Republicans who might be joining.""

Steve Thomas

I don't recognize too many names in this list of celebrity supporters that I would hold on a pedestal or personally admire ... no one here to brag about (imho):

Roseanne Barr, Gary Busey, Mike Tyson, Kid Rock, Dennis Rodman, Dana White, Tia Tequila, Chumlee from Pawn Stars, Willie Robertson, Jerry Falwell Jr., Charlie Sheen, Tom Brady, Stephen Baldwin, Kirstie Alley, Sarah Palin. 

Jack Nicholas surprises and disappoints me, but Golf Week published an article that explains Nicklaus being a vocal Republican and no wallflower when it comes to election campaigns.

ormed The Capitol, Says GOP Sen. Ben Sasse

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

POLITICS 
01/09/2021 02:04 am ET Updated 1 day ago

Trump Was ‘Delighted’ His Supporters Stormed The Capitol, Says GOP Sen. Ben Sasse

The president has a “brokenness in his soul,” and is “addicted to division,” said the senator.

Donald Trump was “delighted” when rioters stormed the U.S. Capitol, and was surprised others didn’t share his perspective, an angry Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) said Friday.
Sasse told conservative talk radio host Hugh Hewitt that he learned of the president’s upbeat attitude when he talked to White House aides. Five people died during the attack, including Capitol police officer Brian Sicknick.
As the attack Wednesday was “unfolding on television, Donald Trump was walking around the White House confused about why other people on his team weren’t as excited as he was as ... rioters [pushed] against Capitol police, trying to get into the building,” Sasse said. “That was happening. He was delighted.”
CNN White House correspondent Kaitlan Collins also reported Wednesday that sources inside the White House told her that Trump was “borderline enthusiastic” because the attack was interfering with the certification of electoral votes.
Sasse said the Capitol — the “greatest symbol around the world of freedom and liberty” — was “ransacked by a mob that was incited by the president of the United States.”
He added: “While blood was actually being shed in the Capitol, and I was in the Senate chamber, and the Secret Service was trying to rush the vice president to safety, at those exact moments, the president is rage tweeting against the vice president. Why? Because Vice President Pence had the audacity to fulfill his oath of office to the Constitution,” and didn’t overstep his power by throwing out votes.
There’s no question Trump was “derelict in his duty,” said the senator, but declined to say if he should be impeached or forced out of office through the 25th Amendment.
Sasse insisted the president has a “brokenness in his soul,” and that he’s “addicted to social media and to television, and to division.” The senator said that no matter what actually happened in the election, if he lost, Trump long planned to “say the election was being stolen, and the people needed to rise up.”
After the mob had pushed into the Capitol, Trump finally issued a video message asking his supporters to “go home,” adding:

“We love you, you’re very special.” !!! 

Amid mounting calls that he be removed from office, Trump on Thursday finally said in a video statement said he was committed to a smooth transition, and denounced the violence. But the president later expressed regret about his comments about a peaceful transition of power and condemning the violence, sources told The New York Times.

12 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Could you explain what Trump's solicitation of support from the military is all about?

Are you saying Trump was actually going to try some type of coup?

If so, he should be removed from office by Monday and charged with the highest crime.

Joe,

I don't know any details beyond what Dr. Fiona Hill told the media.

Trump was deliberately 'trying to stage a coup,' a former White House national-security official says

Trump was trying 'to stage a coup' says former WH advisor Fiona Hill - Business Insider

Democracy is alive and well. Trump is a disgrace to the office.

Sedition 2021.  Trump incites riot to overthrow election and Congress. Let's use 25th Amendment, impeachment, and tell the Joint Chiefs to safeguard/override the launch codes.

Sedition 1963.  Kennedy proposes disarmament, raproachment with Cuba, and shattering CIA.  Let's execute him inpublic and give LBJ the launch codes.

Regards highest crimes criminal act with serious threat and actual injury importance to our country, this Trump base mob Capital Building invasion and seige makes the 2012 Benghazi affair seem like a jay walking violation.

Yet the Obama/Hillary Clinton despising Republicans of that time rabidly pumped up and pushed the Benghazi breakdown event through "4 years" of investigations ( 10 total ) and Congressional hearings complete with super hyped up outrage theatrical performances shown on nationally broadcast TV.

4 years!

Their Clinton/Obama attacking, bashing and damaging campaign only ended one month after Trump's election in 2016.  In these Benghazi mad Republican's minds...mission accomplished.

If the Benghazi affair deserved that much investigative effort and outrage...what does this deadly violent Trump base mob invasion insurrection and siege of our sacred ground Capital Building ( with our entire congress and senate present in it ) deserve in this same realm of national threat and injury importance?

The answer to that comparative importance question is ridiculously self-evident obvious.

Edited by Joe Bauer

[Congressman Jim] "Jordan pleaded with President-elect Joe Biden to give a speech defending Trump.

"Let's bring the country together and move forward, and return to being this America, the greatest nation ever," he remarked. "That's where we need to focus."

"For the good of the country, I think it makes sense for Vice President Biden to do that," the Ohio Republican said."

Are you insane?

Are you stark raving mad bonkers?

Maybe you'd like Biden to be waving the Confederate Flag too while he's at it.

Steve Thomas

24 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

[Congressman Jim] "Jordan pleaded with President-elect Joe Biden to give a speech defending Trump.

"Let's bring the country together and move forward, and return to being this America, the greatest nation ever," he remarked. "That's where we need to focus."

"For the good of the country, I think it makes sense for Vice President Biden to do that," the Ohio Republican said."

Are you insane?

Are you stark raving mad bonkers?

Maybe you'd like Biden to be waving the Confederate Flag too while he's at it.

Steve Thomas

EXACTLY!

Jim Jordan ... one of the most anger and outrage inciting members of Congress for years toward anyone criticising or standing up to his hero Trump.

His super aggressive even yelling attacks against the Democrats in Congress were ridiculously animated ( almost manic ) and the opposite of the nation uniting tact he is shamefully and disingenuously pleading with Biden to promote.

His Trump protecting Biden pleading now is disgustingly hypocritical and embarrassingly desperate to a self-humiliating degree.

Edited by Joe Bauer

56 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Trump was deliberately 'trying to stage a coup,' a former White House national-security official says

Trump was trying 'to stage a coup' says former WH advisor Fiona Hill - Business Insider

If only there were recordings of Trump or his minions contacting military brass, as happened with the Georgia electoral call...

"The president should be very careful over the next ten days,"[Republican Senator, Roy] Blunt said. "Now my personal view is that the president touched the hot stove on Wednesday and is unlikely to touch it again."

He must have been talking to Susan Collins - "The President has learned his lesson"

Steve Thomas

If something major or even semi-major happens again in the 10 days ahead regards Trump Base mob or vigilante violence, or Trump himself puts out more incitement proclamations should we hold VP Mike Pence responsible for these?

Responsible in not taking responsibility in relieving this explosive situation by removing the main instigator of such threatening and damaging events?

And Trump's cabinet members who resigned rather than having to vote for his removal per the 25th amendement?

An impeachment trial in the Senate would preclude any other business from taking place.

Joe Biden would not be able to get his Cabinet members confirmed. We would not be able to get the vaccines out to people, etc.

Congressman, Jim Clyburn has suggested that the House go ahead and impeach Donald Trump, but not send those Articles over to the Senate until after the first 100 days of the Biden Administration have passed.

I think that's a good idea.

Steve Thomas

The thing about a late, second impeachment is that they'd have to give the government and Trump time to assemble legal teams and support staff, and strategize a prosecution and a defense.  Can that be done by January 20?  Can the 25th Amendment be applied by legal mechanism before January 20? 

Maybe - in the name of democracy - we should extend Trump's term till 2022 so that one of these processes can be pulled off.  These are, after all, the same players who couldn't organize (or purposely stalled?) unemployment and stimulus aid from October through December 2020.

The only advantage in a delayed impeachment or a rushed 25th would be if it would block him from running in 2024.

Edited by David Andrews

36 minutes ago, Steve Thomas said:

He must have been talking to Susan Collins - "The President has learned his lesson"

Collins made that ridiculous statement way back in Feb. 2020.

Trump's actions since then expose her judgements skills as embarrassingly dumb or simply non-existent.

Her voting against Trump's impeachment and for Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Cavanaugh reveals this deficiency in spades.

How...how did this woman win re-election again?

Her states voters voted for Biden by a significantly solid 9 % majority...but then kept someone in their Senate office who they knew would not be supporting him over the Republican party and their policies?

The Maine 9% Biden victory majority vote and Collins 8% victory vote margin is a swing of...17%!

It's an illogical mental exercise.   

If you want Biden by a clear majority, you would not vote to harm his governance by voting the opposite regards the Senate.

I think Collins herself was shocked at her winning. Polls in Maine for months showed her democratic opponent clearly being favored. Then, at the very last minute...those poll numbers reversed?

If you ask me I'd say that improbable mathmatical equation smells fishy.

Edited by Joe Bauer