The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

7 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Ben, Again, What's your source that the FBI provoked the 1/6 riots?

Boy, that Tucker special  on that faded into obscurity. I assume you cared enough to watch it after recommending it so heartily to us. But we haven't heard you follow up on that. Obviously you could have. All you had to do was subscribe to Fox Nation for a month for free and drop it if they require payment afterward. Did you?

My own research, see the mysterious Christopher Alberts, the lone  protestor to enter the Capitol with a firearm, but who was released on 1/7, and has not even been prosecuted since.  The treatment of Alberts vs. Mr. Buffalo Horns...is fishier than the National Aquarium. 

https://www.justice.gov/usao-dc/capitol-breach-cases

then see also:

https://www.revolver.news/2021/12/damning-new-details-massive-web-unindicted-operators-january-6/

and also 

https://www.revolver.news/2021/10/meet-ray-epps-the-fed-protected-provocateur-who-appears-to-have-led-the-very-first-1-6-attack-on-the-u-s-capitol/

This is a fair review, please see this first. They are fair independent journalists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjtFUf_P4cE&t=370s

Kirk: the M$M and intel-state affiliated media is not investigating this event, and the federal government is not investigating this event. 

Indeed, there has been no investigation into who instigated the 1/6 scrum, or why the 3,500-member Capitol Police was so thinly deployed that day, and then stood down. The fact that there is no investigation into the cause of the 1/6 scrum does not mean they were no causes. 

The Warren Commission investigated LHO, and the Cheney Committee investigated 1/6. 

Happy New Year. A little more honey and little less vinegar in 2022! 

Remember, not everything is red v. blue, Donk v. 'Phant. You can be a big blueman or redman, but that has nothing to do with the JFKA.

Same on the 1/6 scrum.  For me, this ain't about politics. It is about a fabricated event. 

Keep an open mind. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

23 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Among the items that Bernie Kerik refused to turn over to the January 6th Committee was this:

https://www.politico.com/f/?id=0000017e-1335-dee4-a5ff-ff3d3f310000

DRAFT - POTUS LETTER 3 ATTORNEY WORK PRODUCT
DRAFT LETTER FROM POTUS TO SEIZE
EVIDENCE IN THE INTEREST OF NATIONAL
SECURITY FOR THE 2020 ELECTIONS
DATE: 17 DEC 2020,
AUTHORS: NONE LISTED
ADDRESSEES: NONE
ATTORNEY/CLIENT DOCUMENTS DRAFTED AND/OR EDITED BY ATTORNEY

I wonder if this goes along with Mike Flynn’s recommendation for Donald Trump to seize all the voting machines in the country in the “interest of National Security”.

Steve Thomas

Chilling Trump Letter Calling For 'Seizure' Of Election Material Revealed In Log To Jan. 6 Probers

"The letter was created a day before Trump discussed naming conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell "special counsel" to probe baseless election fraud claims."

By  Mary Papenfuss 01/01/2022

This article was based on an article which appeared in the 12/19-20/20 issuea of Politico Magazine

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/12/19/sidney-powell-trump-special-counsel-448694

“The letter was created Dec. 17, 2020, a day before Trump met in the Oval Office with advisers including retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn and discussed seizing election equipment in states Trump lost.

Trump also discussed naming controversial far-right attorney and conspiracy theorist Sidney Powell as a “special counsel” to investigate alleged election fraud, The New York Times reported, but Trump didn’t follow through with it.

Flynn had already suggested Trump could invoke martial law to seize control of the election.”

Steve Thomas

While Steve posts a story about the most powerful man in the most powerful country in the world calling for the seizing of election materials in states that he lost. Ben launches into his 57th Ray Epps post with the same 5 links.  His most used link that invoked  Antifa in their article is Revolver, a pro Trump site that, has advocated shooting people to quell violence in Louisville following the Breonna Taylor verdict in September.

Ben, You didn't answer my question. I would think it would have been important for you to watch the Tucker series you were spinning.

So no new evidence. Seen it all. Ray Epps and bullhorn guy all over again.
I see you're sucked into the spin of the right. That the AG won't comment on an ongoing investigation is just the way things are done in this country. And of course the questioner may be your favorite congressman, but is the  pipsqueak congressman who armed his family for a seasons greetings card, which should tell you about the arc of effectiveness of his political career and your judgment.

Obviously anyone trying to incite a riot should be exposed and prosecuted."Keep an open mind" would be fine . But you aren't. You're making the assumption that 1. the allegations are true, which haven't been proven.This is a lead that you've brought up many times, and we've  bounced it around a bit now, and from what you're telling me, there are no new developments. But then you leverage that unproven allegation to further assert that 2 ) that the 1/6 committee knows it's true and  3. the committee is covering up.

One of the true highlights of this super thread is Ben's "I have a dream for America speech" where he prays for the Trumpies to reform the Republican Party! I think you  might do some further research  to find out who these people are.

r/PoliticalHumor - I Hope The Movie At Least Has a Good Soundtrack!

Joseph McBride will probably appreciate Robert Reich's New Year's Day op ed about Frank Capra's film, It's a Wonderful Life, as a metaphor for the conflict between social democracy and social Darwinism in modern America.

Robert Reich has the perfect answer to Trumpism

https://www.rawstory.com/robert-reich-has-the-perfect-answer-to-trumpism/

January 1, 2021

The Last Liberal Republican: An Insider's Perspective on Nixon's Surprising Social Policy: Price, John Roy: 9780700632053: Amazon.com: Books

"The Last Liberal Republican provides a blow-by-blow inside view of how Nixon surprised the Democrats and shocked conservatives with his ambitious proposal for a guaranteed family income. Beyond Nixon’s surprising embrace of what we today call universal basic income, the thirty-seventh president reordered and vastly expanded the patchy food stamp program he inherited and built nutrition education and children’s food services into schools. Richard Nixon even almost achieved a national health insurance program: fifty years ago, with a private sector framework as part of his generous benefits insurance coverage for all, Nixon included coverage of preexisting conditions, prescription drug coverage for all, and federal subsidies for those who could not afford the premiums."

6 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I'm definitely interested in that book, Douglas. Nixon had a health care plan? I'd love to know what happened there; America's health system is a giant clusterf*ck, and it's inexcusable.

The US spends double on healthcare (as share of GDP) what many European nations, or Japan, spends, and gets the same results. 

But then, the US balances that by spending double or triple on the military than other nations and gets worse results....

These gigantic realities persisted or persist under Trump and Biden....

Trump on occasion talked about getting out of overseas military bases, but never did anything. Biden does not even bother to talk....

57 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The US spends double on healthcare (as share of GDP) what many European nations, or Japan, spends, and gets the same results. 

But then, the US balances that by spending double or triple on the military than other nations and gets worse results....

These gigantic realities persisted or persist under Trump and Biden....

Trump on occasion talked about getting out of overseas military bases, but never did anything. Biden does not even bother to talk....

Ben,

The U.S. gets worse health outcomes than other nations on some public health metrics, despite spending more.

Sadly, our healthcare non-system in the U.S. is still organized around maximizing profits for corporations (health insurance, hospitals, Big Pharma) and individuals.  Private healthcare corporations now spend more money on lobbyists and political campaigns in the U.S. than the military-industrial complex. 

And a substantial percentage of every healthcare dollar spent in the U.S. (about a third) is siphoned off by health insurance corporations for "administrative" purposes.  A well known New England Journal of Medicine analysis from the pre-ACA years found that U.S. health insurance corporations were taking about one-third of every healthcare dollar spent for insurance "administrative" costs, compared to just 16% spent on administrative costs in Canada-- a system that covers everyone.

Republicans in the Senate (along with Joe Manchin and Kysten Sinema) are still blocking legislation that would help reduce drug costs in the U.S., which are significantly higher than costs in other countries.

The only successful efforts at healthcare reform in the U.S. during the past 60 years-- Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare-- have all been accomplshed by Democrats, against staunch Republican opposition.  Bill (and Hillary) Clinton failed in their half-assed attempt at healthcare reform, and nothing was attempted for the next 16 years.

Unfortunately, the original 2009 ACA plan that included a public (insurance) option was torpedoed in the Senate Finance Committee by Max Baucus, (D-Montana) Joe Lieberman, (D-Connecticut) and every Republican on the committee.  Then after sabotaging the bill, the Republicans voted against it.

Ronald Reagan Speaks Out Against Socialized Medicine - Wikipedia

Edited by W. Niederhut

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

The U.S. gets worse health outcomes than other nations on some public health metrics, despite spending more.

Sadly, our healthcare non-system in the U.S. is still organized around maximizing profits for corporations (health insurance, hospitals, Big Pharma) and individuals.  Private healthcare corporations now spend more money on lobbyists and political campaigns in the U.S. than the military-industrial complex. 

And a substantial percentage of every healthcare dollar spent in the U.S. (about a third) is siphoned off by health insurance corporations for "administrative" purposes.  A well known New England Journal of Medicine analysis from the pre-ACA years found that U.S. health insurance corporations were taking about one-third of every healthcare dollar spent for insurance "administrative" costs, compared to just 16% spent on administrative costs in Canada-- a system that covers everyone.

Republicans in the Senate (along with Joe Manchin and Kysten Sinema) are still blocking legislation that would help reduce drug costs in the U.S., which are significantly higher than costs in other countries.

The only successful efforts at healthcare reform in the U.S. during the past 60 years-- Medicare, Medicaid, and Obamacare-- have all been accomplshed by Democrats, against staunch Republican opposition.  Bill (and Hillary) Clinton failed in their half-assed attempt at healthcare reform, and nothing was attempted for the next 16 years.

Unfortunately, the original 2009 ACA plan that included a public (insurance) option was torpedoed in the Senate Finance Committee by Max Baucus, (D-Montana) Joe Lieberman, (D-Connecticut) and every Republican on the committee.  Then after sabotaging the bill, the Republicans voted against it.

The establishment GOP never talks about privatizing Walter Reed or West Point. Or the VA for that matter. Even the libertarian ideologues. Hypocrisy rules the GOP, but then what else is new?

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/478511-progressives-raise-red-flags-over-health-insurer-donations

But the Donks take health insurance money too. 

I understand you think there is a difference between the Donks and the 'Phants. To me, which shade of purple poison you want to drink?

Further, I am uncomfortable with the modern merging of the Donks, the national security state and media.  

The WaPo is a CIA-Donk mouthpiece. 

Times have changed. 

14 minutes ago, Benjamin Cole said:

The establishment GOP never talks about privatizing Walter Reed or West Point. Or the VA for that matter. Even the libertarian ideologues. Hypocrisy rules the GOP, but then what else is new?

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/478511-progressives-raise-red-flags-over-health-insurer-donations

But the Donks take health insurance money too. 

I understand you think there is a difference between the Donks and the 'Phants. To me, which shade of purple poison you want to drink?

Ben,

I've posted numerous examples of the major policy differences between Democrats and Republicans in our debates-- everything from tax policy and environmental protection to healthcare, infrastructure, and education.

It never seems to register with you.  You're always in broadcast mode.

Regarding healthcare, it took 16 years after Clinton's failed attempt for a Democratic POTUS and Congress to finally succeed in establishing a universal healthcare framework for the U.S., in 2009.

How did the Koch-funded Republican Tea Party respond?  They spent the next decade trying to defame, defund, and sabotage the Affordable Care Act.

After 2010, the Tea Party Koch/GOP House also passed two Paul Ryan budget bills that would have, essentially, abolished Medicare for retirees born after 1959.

Do you, at least, understand the difference between Republicans and Democrats on healthcare policy?

Here's another difference to consider...

2 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

Great synopsis W.  The picture made me remember, I always wondered in this one which one's the chimp and which one's the chump.  Ray gun was a better actor than the most recent chump.

Well put W.!  When you talk of the American political parties, There are always many issues to consider.

Doug's Nixon thing is interesting , those were progressive times. But the best shot we had at establishing a good National Health Care system way back, which would have saved us a lot of money over the years would have been under Hubert Humphrey, that was his field of expertise.

W. I think you, might appreciate this.

4 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ben,

I've posted numerous examples of the major policy differences between Democrats and Republicans in our debates-- everything from tax policy and environmental protection to healthcare, infrastructure, and education.

It never seems to register with you.  You're always in broadcast mode.

Regarding healthcare, it took 16 years after Clinton's failed attempt for a Democratic POTUS and Congress to finally succeed in establishing a universal healthcare framework for the U.S., in 2009.

How did the Koch-funded Republican Tea Party respond?  They spent the next decade trying to defame, defund, and sabotage the Affordable Care Act.

After 2010, the Tea Party Koch/GOP House also passed two Paul Ryan budget bills that would have, essentially, abolished Medicare for retirees born after 1959.

Do you, at least, understand the difference between Republicans and Democrats on healthcare policy?

Here's another difference to consider...

W-

I am not a cynical person in general, but in regards to the two major political parties today...I am.

Why are the health insurers pouring money into the Donks? Silicon Valley, the multinationals, media-Hollywood, Wall Street? 

The Donks do some posing. Offensive woke-caterwauling, etc. 

I think Nancy Pelosi summed it up neatly recently; members of Congress should profit from the capitalist system.  

I share your concerns, but in reverse: The Donks have merged into the national security state and allied media, and now want tech-social-media to act as privatized state censor. 

The Democrats of the 1960s, the Kennedys, the McCarthys, even Hubert Humphrey...gone. 

Clinton brought us NAFTA.

Obama brought much expanded commercial relations with China.

Bush jr. brought us not one but two fantastically expensive but counterproductive wars, and is now a Donk hero. Liz Cheney a titan of democracy, and Donk savior. 

The Donk-Biden DoD budget is $769 billion, larger than was Trump's. With bad luck, the US could be drawn into war (or provoke hostilities) in the Ukraine, Iran and Taiwan, Venezuela, Syria, other places. 

Sorry, I can't vote Donk. 

Please bring me a party I can vote for. 

Add on:

Far be it from me to tell others what to post, or what is relevant in this forum. 

My personal take is the JFKA is relevant in this forum, and then the globalist-national security state, and its manipulation/control of events and media. 

In this context, issues as healthcare, or agriculture, or infrastructure, or Federal Reserve policy...well, not germane. All are very important issues, of course. 

But OT, IMHO. 

But hey, each to his own. 

Edited by Benjamin Cole
typo