The Education Forum

Unacknowledged

I must confess that I have long been curious about the theoretical possibility of contiguous dimensions of the four-dimensional space-time continuum that we can perceive empirically.

I have mainly wondered about this possibility in relation to the "physics" of certain "varieties of religious experience"-- to use philosopher Willam James' term.

It never occurred to me that it might also be a possible explanation of UFO phenomenology.

Harvard professor claims that UFOs could have travelled to Earth via 'extra dimensions' that CERN scientists are trying to unlock

April 9, 2024

Edited by W. Niederhut

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

I must confess that I have long been curious about the theoretical possibility of contiguous dimensions of the four-dimensional space-time continuum that we can perceive empirically.

I have mainly wondered about this possibility in relation to the "physics" of certain "varieties of religious experience"-- to use philosopher Willam James' term.

It never occurred to me that it might also be a possible explanation of UFO phenomenology.

Harvard professor claims that UFOs could have travelled to Earth via 'extra dimensions' that CERN scientists are trying to unlock

April 9, 2024

The pyramids were built by their progeny to direct them to the safest landing area.

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

The pyramids were built by their progeny to direct them to the safest landing area.

Ron,

I've never really studied the UFO literature.  The notion of inter-galactic travel by little green aliens has always seemed highly improbable to me, given the distances.

So, what caught my eye about this particular article, (above) is the physicist from Harvard theorizing that such travel might occur through some extra-dimensional aspect of the space-time continuum that is beyond our four-dimensional ken.

That notion about UFOs had, frankly, never occurred to me.

58 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Ron,

I've never really studied the UFO literature.  The notion of inter-galactic travel by little green aliens has always seemed highly improbable to me, given the distances.

So, what caught my eye about this particular article, (above) is the physicist from Harvard theorizing that such travel might occur through some extra-dimensional aspect of the space-time continuum that is beyond our four-dimensional ken.

That notion about UFOs had, frankly, never occurred to me.

I've not read this thread.  My post comes from one or two of three or four books in a couple of boxes to be disposed of under my desk.  I don't remember the names of the books or authors at the moment.  But they theorize those from another world thousands of years ago chose Egypt as the biggest wide open landing space of their liking on the planet.  If I recall right, they offered as evidence USAF (and maybe USN?) pilots as well as astronauts commenting on the resemblance to a landing strip or field.  

Now I remember.  I was drawn into this by Jim Marrs who I greatly respect for Crossfire, a seminal book for me.  Then his Rule by Secrecy and Rise of the Fourth Reich were enlightening.  Alien Agenda was a surprise.  

Alien Agenda: Marrs, Jim: 9780061096860: Amazon.com: Books I read a couple of more related books.  Never could wrap my head around it convincingly.

11 minutes ago, Matt Allison said:

My question would be this then: if they have the ability to travel between dimensions, why would they need a physical flying machine?

Duh!   You have to have style.  

12 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

I've not read this thread.  My post comes from one or two of three or four books in a couple of boxes to be disposed of under my desk.  I don't remember the names of the books or authors at the moment.  But they theorize those from another world thousands of years ago chose Egypt as the biggest wide open landing space of their liking on the planet.  If I recall right, they offered as evidence USAF (and maybe USN?) pilots as well as astronauts commenting on the resemblance to a landing strip or field.  

Now I remember.  I was drawn into this by Jim Marrs who I greatly respect for Crossfire, a seminal book for me.  Then his Rule by Secrecy and Rise of the Fourth Reich were enlightening.  Alien Agenda was a surprise.  

Alien Agenda: Marrs, Jim: 9780061096860: Amazon.com: Books I read a couple of more related books.  Never could wrap my head around it convincingly.

Ron, 

I haven't read Alien Agenda, and I noticed that it has not received very positive reviews.

I did read astrophysicist Stephen Hawking's, A Brief History of Time, many years ago, and I recall Hawking's musings about possible contiguous dimensions of our four-dimensional space-time continuum.

It's counter-intuitive to Neanderthals like me, but similar to what Harvard physicist Avi Loeb is saying (above.)

17 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

My question would be this then: if they have the ability to travel between dimensions, why would they need a physical flying machine?

They like the on board food and movies.

• 5 weeks later...
On 4/10/2024 at 3:45 PM, Ken Davies said:
On 4/9/2024 at 9:54 PM, Matt Allison said:

They like the on board food and movies.

Expand  

Maybe for the same reason people with big motorhomes tow a small car with them.

Once you get to this dimension you need something more manageable to zip around our planet with.

5 hours ago, Chris Bristow said:

Maybe for the same reason people with big motorhomes tow a small car with them.

Once you get to this dimension you need something more manageable to zip around our planet with.

What a good answer!

When I was a kid, after I saw my first 'alien invasion' movie - I always thought that if they were smart they would disguise their craft as a Piper Cub.

2 hours ago, Kevin Balch said:

How are the aliens able to cross interstellar space or dimensions. but when they get here, they crash their flying saucers?

Well we don't know if any or how many might be destroyed on the way here. It would also be hard to know what % crash here vs the ones that would come and go without incident.

Last year, my wife and I went to see the Spielberg film " The Fabelmans. " 

This was on a weekday and we got in for the "senior" price.

This was at our local cinema plex here in Monterey, California.

Lots of screens. Lots of seats.

Only maybe 8 to 10 people were in the audience for this weekday time playing film however.

All of us retirement age.

When the movie finished my wife and I walked out into the hallway leading to the lobby. Another leaving couple even older than us happened to walk next to us.

The other fellow's wife had to use the hallway lady's room at the same time as mine and so they walked in together.

That left her husband and I standing next to each other.

This woman's husband was a very friendly type like myself...and of course we said something funny to each other about our ladies not being able to make it home without relieving themselves before even leaving the theater.

It's a ritual for my wife.

This fellow and I clicked instantly. In just four to five minutes we had asked what each of us did in our careers. I mentioned that I was a common laborer all my life.

He said he worked in the aerospace industry in the Bay Area. Asking him in what capacity he hesitated and then said something like ... well...pretty important stuff. Can't really talk about it.

I can't explain why...but I just blurted out ... "Hey, are UFO's real?"

My juvenile off-the-wall question kind of stopped our conversation and at that same moment our ladies were coming out through the theater exit doors together where we were waiting for them. Still, before they could reach us, this person turned and said to me in response to my UFO question ... "Let me just say this - most of them are ours."  We parted seconds later.

FWIW.