The Education Forum

Paul Landis Revelation About Assassination Bullet

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Bill Fite said:

And there's another bullet found in the car according to Navy Dr James Young:

https://whowhatwhy.org/politics/government-integrity/navy-doctor-bullet-found-jfks-limousine-never-reported/

from Dr. Young's letter to then president G Ford:

There are 4 candidates for Young's slug.

1. Oswald's shot-1 at pseudo Z103. This ricocheted offa the overhead signal arm, & the remnant slug put a hole in the floor of the limo, ie it went thru the floor & onto the tarmac. Hence Young's slug aint (1). The 2 halves of the copper jacket were however found in the limo. 

2. Oswald's shot-2 at Z218. The magic bullet.

3. The remnant slug from Hickey's last shot of his accidental autoburst of his AR15, ie at Z312. This shot hit JFK in the head, & the small remnant slug veered say 6 deg & cracked the windshield.

4. The remnant slug from Hickeys second-last shot of his autoburst. This slug made a dent in the chrome trim above the rear vision mirror. However this slug would have been totally annihilated by the impact. Hence Young's slug aint (4).

So, Young's slug was (2) or (3). I am thinking that (3) makes sense.

Here's one more reason to doubt Paul Landis' new revelation:

Landis seems to think that the bullet he says he found on the back of the Presidential limousine, which he does seem to believe was, indeed, Commission Exhibit 399, somehow rolled off of Kennedy's stretcher and onto John Connally's stretcher at some point prior to the time when Darrell Tomlinson found the bullet.

But the timing of such a speculative "bullet-hopping" event just doesn't line up at all, as explained by author Vincent Bugliosi in the book excerpt pictured below.

Reclaiming%20History%20Book%20Excerpt%20

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ARLEN SPECTER -- "Is it possible that the stretcher that Mr. Kennedy was on was rolled with the sheets on it down into the area near the elevator?"

MARGARET M. HENCHLIFFE (Parkland Hospital Nurse) -- "No, sir."

MR. SPECTER -- "Are you sure of that?"

MISS HENCHLIFFE -- "I am positive of that." [6 H 142]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by David Von Pein

2 hours ago, Pat Speer said:

I think he said he found the bullet on top of the seat. This isn't actually news. He's been saying this for a decade. What is new is that he now says he took the bullet inside and put it on JFK's stretcher. There are problems with this. 

Pat, when and where did Landis first start claiming that he'd found the bullet on the top of the seat?

The following quote from the article implies the bullet was ejected from the shallow back wound by the energy of the head shot. It appears to be the speculation of the author, not Landis.

"Maybe the bullet entered the president’s back only superficially; these WW II–vintage bullets, after all, were notoriously undercharged with gunpowder. If this were the case, it might have indeed fallen out when he was violently struck with the final shot;".

He further speculates it landed on Jackie's clothing and was dragged with her as she climbed onto the trunk. In that case the bullet would not need to exit through the hole in the coat, as I assumed before. But it would still have to exit through the hole in the shirt.  The hole in the shirt would have to be aligned with the entry wound even though JFK had raised his hands and hunched forward.

3 hours ago, Vince Palamara said:

From a pro-conspiracy friend: "Look at the seatback behind JFK. Put a bullet on it. It will try to roll off the smooth flat high place. That's with the limousine parked. Then drive the limousine like a maniac at 85 mph down Stemmons to Parkland, and jerk the limousine violently to make the corners. No way in hell will the bullet stay in place on top of the seatback to be found upon arrival. The story Landis tries to peddle is patently absurd."

It was in a crack not simply on a flat surface.  

35 minutes ago, K K Lane said:

Pat, when and where did Landis first start claiming that he'd found the bullet on the top of the seat?

Ditto. The Times article mentions the ten year thing, but makes it sound like it was the same story and Landis only told a few people about it. 

If Landis started claiming he saw a bullet after reading Thompson’s book ten years ago; but never mentioned the detail of him putting it on JFK’s stretcher until now, at the 60th anniversary while he’s promoting an upcoming book, that sure looks like he’s trying to cash in on some BS, unfortunately.  

However, if Landis claimed publicly that he’d seen a bullet ten years ago, but only told the stretcher thing to a few trusted associates, and there’s proof of that in emails, etc., that might actually help his credibility a bit. Do we know exactly what Landis said to Hill in 2014? 

Either way I still think Landis’ story is a bit of a stretch. I’d love to see him get cross examined in depth. He said nothing when it mattered most to speak up; and if it really was some shock-driven act of evidence tampering stupidity and he was worried about getting in trouble he could have asked the HSCA to grant him immunity or something. It’ll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

4 minutes ago, Tom Gram said:

Ditto. The Times article mentions the ten year thing, but makes it sound like it was the same story and Landis only told a few people about it. 

If Landis started claiming he saw a bullet after reading Thompson’s book ten years ago; but never mentioned the detail of him putting it on JFK’s stretcher until now, at the 60th anniversary while he’s promoting an upcoming book, that sure looks like he’s trying to cash in on some BS, unfortunately.  

However, if Landis claimed publicly that he’d seen a bullet ten years ago, but only told the stretcher thing to a few trusted associates, and there’s proof of that in emails, etc., that might actually help his credibility a bit. Do we know exactly what Landis said to Hill in 2014? 

Either way I still think Landis’ story is a bit of a stretch. I’d love to see him get cross examined in depth. He said nothing when it mattered most to speak up; and if it really was some shock-driven act of evidence tampering stupidity and he was worried about getting in trouble he could have asked the HSCA to grant him immunity or something. It’ll be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Well, maybe he heard about how Abraham Bolden was being treated.  One would have to be dumb to not take a hint.  Either way, everyone is speculating.  Fact is, his testimony makes what Captain Young say make more sense.  Moreover the shallow soft tissue wound to the back which makes the autopsy information make more sense.  This is not difficult.  

Edited by Cory Santos

49 minutes ago, Chris Bristow said:

The following quote from the article implies the bullet was ejected from the shallow back wound by the energy of the head shot. It appears to be the speculation of the author, not Landis.

"Maybe the bullet entered the president’s back only superficially; these WW II–vintage bullets, after all, were notoriously undercharged with gunpowder. If this were the case, it might have indeed fallen out when he was violently struck with the final shot;".

He further speculates it landed on Jackie's clothing and was dragged with her as she climbed onto the trunk. In that case the bullet would not need to exit through the hole in the coat, as I assumed before. But it would still have to exit through the hole in the shirt.  The hole in the shirt would have to be aligned with the entry wound even though JFK had raised his hands and hunched forward.

That alone seems to put Landis' story to bed. It would also be hard to explain how a bullet causing only a shallow wound would sustain the amount of damage that CE 399 did.

399-5613-crop.jpg

Is he  talking about CE 399?

How can anyone know that?

And BTW, Randy Robertson made it clear to Stone and myself that the Young bullet was in the limo not the Queen Mary. And if you do not believe me ask Randy.

2 hours ago, K K Lane said:

From patspeer.com, Chapter 11:

"And should one still have any doubts, and still cling to the notion that the bullet hitting Connally must have remained on his person or in the limousine, and could not possibly have been cleaned-up, stolen, lost or overlooked, there is this: there is at least one fragment that disappeared after the shooting. Yes, in 2010, with the release of The Kennedy Detail, Secret Service Agent Paul Landis related that after Kennedy and his wife were pulled from the limousine, he noticed a bullet fragment sitting on the back of the car by the headrest. He claimed he then put it on the seat. Well, you guessed it, no fragment was found on this seat. This, then, suggests this fragment was "cleaned up" in some manner, for one reason or another."

Unfortunately, I am not positive where I saw his 2010 comments about the bullet, but it may have been in the TV program The Kennedy Detail, which was first broadcast 12-2-10. 

Note that Landis now says he brought it into Trauma Room One, when he originally said he put it on the seat. This is quite interesting, IMO. Perhaps then he is covering for Kinney. He put it on the seat and Kinney took it in.