The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

31 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

The inevitable result of 64 years.  Never thought about making it this far among covid an other things, like car wrecks.  I retire tomorrow.  Live from Tarrant County Convention Center in 1973 (not!), Fort Worth where I was born and saw them.

Dig the Gilligan girls.

Best to you Ron! Great news!

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

On 1/14/2021 at 9:15 AM, Steve Thomas said:

A Brief History of Donald J. Trump State Park

By Eric Goldschein May 8, 2017

https://www.outsideonline.com/2181686/brief-history-donald-j-trump-state-park

“Just 45 miles north of Trump Tower in New York City lies a dagger-shaped swath of land dominated by thick brush and brambles almost indistinguishable from other forested areas of upstate New York. It’s lush and green in summer, barren and brown in winter, dotted red and pink by occasional apple trees or dogwoods. There’s little unique or notable about it, except its name: Donald J. Trump State Park.

Steve Thomas

New York State Investigating Stripping Donald Trump’s Name From Parkland He Donated

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-new-york-state-park-name_n_6014050ac5b63b0fb280138b

01/29/2021

“New York state’s parks commissioner is trying to figure out if the state is obligated to keep former President Donald Trump’s name on a 436-acre state park on land he donated in the New York City suburbs 14 years ago, after local opposition sunk his plans for a golf course.”

“A Change.org petition asks to rename the park for Sojourner Truth, an icon of the abolitionist and women’s rights movements. There’s also a bill under consideration to rename the park for Heather Heyer, who died when a car struck counterprotesters at the “Unite the Right” white nationalist rally in Charlottesville in 2017.”

Steve Thomas

14 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

The inevitable result of 64 years.  Never thought about making it this far among covid an other things, like car wrecks.  I retire tomorrow.  Live from Tarrant County Convention Center in 1973 (not!), Fort Worth where I was born and saw them.

My best to you on your retirement.  I've now enjoyed 3 years and 3 months after retiring early at 62 (not my original choice, but health and other issues dictated).  I've pretty much enjoyed every minute aside from the 4 years between 2017 and January 20th of this year.  I haven't got to do a lot of the things I was hoping to do, but don't miss the 2080 hours (government speak for a year's work hours) wasted away from home and the people and things that I CAN do.  Congratulations and I hope you get many years to enjoy!

14 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

A Profile of January 5 Trump War Council Attendee Daniel Beck

The little-known Idaho entrepreneur could be a key witness for federal investigators.

A Profile of January 5 Trump War Council Attendee Daniel Beck - Proof (substack.com)

This is an important story. If Merrick Garland and Wray are really going to prosecute this case, this angle is key I think. Seth Abramson has done some really good work on this. And people are already denying they were there, except there are pictures of them being at the hotel. Whenever someone does that, like Shaw denying he was Bertrand, you make them a person of interest. I have also written about this.  Will post it soon.

Edited by James DiEugenio

31 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Congratulations on your retirements, Ron and Paul!

As long as I went off topic...  Thank's Bob, Richard, Paul and you.  Congrat's to Paul as well from me.  

W. you might appreciate this.  Heck you may own it.  Because of photos and a poster in my office and my frequent yapping about Colorado my coworkers bought me a book about it.  A big one, 12 X 16", must weigh near ten pounds.  A picture book so to speak (with historical and modern context).  Colorado, W H Jacksons 1870 photos retaken, in color by John Fielder.  It's stunning.  The yeti ice chest from he University is cool as well.

Back on topic that new Colorado Congress Woman should not be allowed access to the chamber if she can't follow the rules.  Heated conversations take place there, no place for guns among those arguing.

Jan. 6 Rally Funded by Top Trump Donor, Helped by Alex Jones, Organizers Say

Wall St. Journal 01/30/2021

https://www.wsj.com/articles/jan-6-rally-funded-by-top-trump-donor-helped-by-alex-jones-organizers-say-11612012063

“The rally in Washington’s Ellipse that preceded the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol was arranged and funded by a small group including a top Trump campaign fundraiser and donor facilitated by far-right show host Alex Jones.

Mr. Jones personally pledged more than $50,000 in seed money for a planned Jan. 6 event in exchange for a guaranteed “top speaking slot of his choice,” according to a funding document outlining a deal between his company and an early organizer for the event.

Mr. Jones also helped arrange for Julie Jenkins Fancelli, a prominent donor to the Trump campaign and heiress to the Publix Super Markets Inc. chain, to commit about $300,000 through a top fundraising official for former President Donald Trump’s 2020 campaign, according to organizers. Her money paid for the lion’s share of the roughly $500,000 rally at the Ellipse where Mr. Trump spoke.”

If Trump can be impeached for inciting the riot, why can't we arrest the people who paid for it?

Steve Thomas

16 hours ago, David Andrews said:

WTF are two Capitol Police dead by suicide?  Who's getting blamed for what in that force?

When front-line people kill themselves over events instigated and abetted by the powerful, Congresss should be asking questions.

Agree. Mighty weird. And we all know that ‘suicide’ can be murder.

13 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

As long as I went off topic...  Thank's Bob, Richard, Paul and you.  Congrat's to Paul as well from me.  

W. you might appreciate this.  Heck you may own it.  Because of photos and a poster in my office and my frequent yapping about Colorado my coworkers bought me a book about it.  A big one, 12 X 16", must weigh near ten pounds.  A picture book so to speak (with historical and modern context).  Colorado, W H Jacksons 1870 photos retaken, in color by John Fielder.  It's stunning.  The yeti ice chest from he University is cool as well.

Back on topic that new Colorado Congress Woman should not be allowed access to the chamber if she can't follow the rules.  Heated conversations take place there, no place for guns among those arguing.

Ron,

I'm familiar with John Fielder's work.  Good stuff.

As for Lauren Boebert, it's appalling that she would be elected to Congress from any district in the U.S.

Rural counties in Colorado have always been staunchly Republican, like most of the Wild West.