The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

The ‘Shared Psychosis’ of Donald Trump and His Loyalists

Forensic psychiatrist Bandy X. Lee explains the outgoing president’s pathological appeal and how to wean people from it

·         By Tanya Lewis on January 11, 2021

The 'Shared Psychosis' of Donald Trump and His Loyalists - Scientific American

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Douglas Caddy

• Benjamin Cole

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

20 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Wow. it appears if  this doesn't convict Trump, then we have to accept nothing will.

There's also Article 3 of the Fourteenth Amendment.

The 14th Amendment’s Disqualification Provision and the Events of Jan. 6 - Lawfare (lawfareblog.com)

Wall Street Journal: Trump pressured DOJ to file case with Supreme Court to overturn election results

By Kelly Mena, CNN Updated 12:08 AM ET, Sun January 24, 2021

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/23/politics/trump-department-of-justice-supreme-court-election-results/index.html

Trump tried to get the Attorney General, the Assistant Attorney General, and the Solicitor-General to file a case directly with the Supreme Court, against four States. They all said no because the claims were false and the Justice Department didn’t have any standing. The White House Counsel was also opposed to the idea. So he tried to get the head of the Civil Division to file a case with Georgia falsely claiming that the Justice Department had found massive fraud in Georgia and not to certify their election results.

This one, I think, is going to result in his conviction in the Senate.

Steve Thomas

He’s a Lot of Fun to Be With”: Inside Jeffrey Epstein and Donald Trump’s Epic Bromance

Beginning in the late ’80s, the infamous sex trafficker and the future president (and their mutual friend Ghislaine Maxwell) palled around for almost two decades. In an excerpt from his new book, American Kompromat, the author exposes their shared tastes for private planes, shady money, and foreign-born models—many of them “on the younger side.

By Craig Unger

January 21, 2021

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2021/01/jeffrey-epstein-and-donald-trump-epic-bromance

How Oregon just proved Donald Trump isn't going anywhere

by Chris Cillizza January 26, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/hawaii-gop/

"On Monday night, the Oregon Republican Party issued a formal condemnation of the 10 House Republicans who voted in favor of impeaching President Donald Trump for his role in inciting the violent insurrection at the US Capitol on January 6.

Here's a sampling of actual lines from the Oregon GOP's, uh, proclamation.

* Whereas history tells us that after George Washington appointed Major General Benedict Arnold to command West Point, Arnold conspired to surrender the fort to the British."

* "Whereas the ten Republican House members, by voting to impeach President Trump, repeated history by conspiring to surrender our nation to Leftist forces seeking to establish a dictatorship void of all cherished freedoms and liberties."

* "Whereas there is growing evidence that the violence at the Capitol was a 'false flag' operation designed to discredit President Trump, his supporters, and all conservative Republicans; this provided the sham motivation to impeach President Trump in order to advance the Democrat goal of seizing total power, in a frightening parallel to the February 1933 burning of the German Reichstag."

Hawaii GOP attacks Biden by promoting Holocaust denier who thinks Auschwitz gas chamber is ‘literally’ just a shower

https://www.rawstory.com/hawaii-gop/

“Tarl Warwick built his audience as a blogger and author who focused on subjects surrounding religion and the occult. These days, his YouTube channel is filled with commentary railing against Big Tech censorship, Democrats, and the "woke cult." His commentary resonated so much with the Hawaii GOP that they felt the need to promote him in a tweet this Saturday.

"@Styx666Official has an edgy name and frequently uses profanity - his commentary and analysis is generally high quality," the Hawaii GOP tweeted, referring to Warwick's Twitter handle. "It [is] good to periodically step outside the 'bubble' of corporate commentators for additional perspective."

In an older video resurfaced by Twitter user Wild Geerters, Warwick regurgitates all the classic Holocaust denier rhetoric, questioning the Holocaust death toll and the true intent of the gas chambers.

"The famous Auschwitz shower was quite literally a showering station -- they've got like swimming pools at these places," Warwick says. "I believe that there were death camps -- of course there were -- however, what's not clear is if this was a deliberate extermination effort on a grand scale or whether they were primarily focused on eliminating criminals and the sick."”

Our country is in serious, serious trouble.

Steve Thomas

Trump-supporting lawyer too much a liability for even this ass.  Remember him, from the good old days?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/pro-trump-lawyer-lin-wood-fired-by-teen-who-faced-off-with-native-american-in-viral-video/ar-BB1d58yU

On Twitter, the teen shared one of Wood's social media posts about Pence and wrote: "I'm sorry but what the hell."

Looks like 45 of the Republican senators think inciting sedition and insurrection by a prez is no big deal.  Or it is such a big deal to their base they can't vote for justice if they want to keep their job.  Their constituents still believe the disproven lies of their leader over the fact that he Lost.

Five Republican senators vote against motion that impeachment against Trump is unconstitutional (msn.com)

43 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

Looks like 45 of the Republican senators think inciting sedition and insurrection by a prez is no big deal.  Or it is such a big deal to their base they can't vote for justice if they want to keep their job.  Their constituents still believe the disproven lies of their leader over the fact that he Lost.

Five Republican senators vote against motion that impeachment against Trump is unconstitutional (msn.com)

He won't be punished, the GOP needs him and his "base" back in 2024.  There is probably a tacit deal in Congress to let him off to guarantee cooperation with the Biden admin and the imaginary "Democrat majority" that Harris only promises.

Next time I'm at the Capitol, I'm going to steal an ashtray from the Senate cloakroom.

Edited by David Andrews

Meanwhile, interjected the ghost of John Wayne, Somebody's sellin' out our good farm folks to the Chinese.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/shipping-carriers-rejected-tons-of-us-agricultural-exports-opting-to-send-empty-containers-to-china/ar-BB1d6T7x?li=BBnb7Kz

Well, shucks!

Edited by David Andrews

39 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

He won't be punished, the GOP needs him and his "base" back in 2024.  There is probably a tacit deal in Congress to let him off to guarantee cooperation with the Biden admin and the imaginary "Democrat majority" that Harris only promises.

Next time I'm at the Capitol, I'm going to steal an ashtray from the Senate cloakroom.

It's official per the NYT.

Republicans Rally Against Impeachment Trial, Signaling Likely Acquittal for Trump (msn.com)

46 minutes ago, David Andrews said:

He won't be punished, the GOP needs him and his "base" back in 2024.  There is probably a tacit tdeal in Congress to let him off to guarantee cooperation with the Biden admin and the imaginary "Democrat majority" that Harris only promises.

They don't smoke in the capitol anymore.

Capitol riot latest: Man accused of smoking marijuana on video charged (msn.com)

So no ashtray's in the cloakroom anymore.  But for only $559.99 you too can have a "Senatorial" ashtray.

Vintage ULTRA RARE Art Deco Chrome Fan Ashtray Stand "SENATOR" Smoking Room | eBay

Or a crystal class one signed by Gerald Ford for $22.88.

Vintage ASHTRAY U.S.Senate Signed Crystal/Glass 1967 President Ford Pristine | eBay

1 hour ago, Ron Bulman said:

My impression is that these cowardly Senate Republicans are afraid of; 1) Trump cult terrorists, and 2) Donald Trump supporting primary opponents against them in the future -- i.e., "primary-ing" them, (as Eric Trump phrased it on the eve of January 6th.) They are using the argument that impeachment now is unconstitutional as a convenient pretext for dodging the wrath of Donald Trump and his cult.

My question.   Regardless of the Senate vote on impeachment, shouldn't Trump be tried in court for inciting sedition on January 6th?