The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

7 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Pompeo would, certainly, add some weight to the 2024 GOP ticket.

As for KIrk's question about Republicans condemning Trump for secretly selling COVID vaccine stockpiles to Putin, I seriously doubt it.

Nn5CScd.png

BINGO...BRAVO...RIGHT ON!

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Douglas Caddy

• Benjamin Cole

• Steve Thomas

• W. Niederhut

That is funny W!   If Trump did steal vaccine to sell to the Russians, At first I think there would be a hush then this same group of Republicans Ted Cruz, Rand Paul, Mc Carthy, Rubio,Lindsey Graham,MC Connell would say Trump's behavior was awful. Then they'd wait a few days until the shock wore down , and then say, "On came on, now, this hardly rises to the level of impeachment, besides he's out of office!" Just like they did with the Capitol riots.

Chris, I assumed as it turned out by Dave's response, correctly that Dave thought Rand Paul was younger than he thought.  I'm not sure I agree with you about 70 being a good age, I think it's getting up there. 60's is ok, but IMO those guys have lost their marbles.  In the U.S.,they often "balance the ticket". an example would be  Biden picking Harris, who is Black. Asian and 22 years younger. 

Pence/Paul would be totally white corn belt. That could probably pull in Texas, but they'd have to do more to get Florida, and they  need both of them.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

3 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Congratulations to Donald Trump.

He promised to drain the swamp

Looks like he kept his promise.

https://twitter.com/JaneMayerNYer/status/1354533185909043200

Steve Thomas

That's the interior of the Old Post Office building in DC.  The building was saved from destruction by merit of its Victorian-era architecture.  Before Trump bought it, it was a very lovely shopping mall - I took my mother there - with a lot of period stonework, marble stairs, etc.  It looks like Trump gutted it and installed (or exposed) that ugly metal trusswork.  Another reason to hate him, because all the original interior work that had been preserved for so long is gone. 

Edited by David Andrews

The inevitable result of 64 years.  Never thought about making it this far among covid an other things, like car wrecks.  I retire tomorrow.  Live from Tarrant County Convention Center in 1973 (not!), Fort Worth where I was born and saw them.

Dig the Gilligan girls.

31 minutes ago, Ron Bulman said:

The inevitable result of 64 years.  Never thought about making it this far among covid an other things, like car wrecks.  I retire tomorrow.  Live from Tarrant County Convention Center in 1973 (not!), Fort Worth where I was born and saw them.

Dig the Gilligan girls.

Best to you Ron! Great news!

On 1/14/2021 at 9:15 AM, Steve Thomas said:

A Brief History of Donald J. Trump State Park

By Eric Goldschein May 8, 2017

https://www.outsideonline.com/2181686/brief-history-donald-j-trump-state-park

“Just 45 miles north of Trump Tower in New York City lies a dagger-shaped swath of land dominated by thick brush and brambles almost indistinguishable from other forested areas of upstate New York. It’s lush and green in summer, barren and brown in winter, dotted red and pink by occasional apple trees or dogwoods. There’s little unique or notable about it, except its name: Donald J. Trump State Park.

Steve Thomas

New York State Investigating Stripping Donald Trump’s Name From Parkland He Donated

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-new-york-state-park-name_n_6014050ac5b63b0fb280138b

01/29/2021

“New York state’s parks commissioner is trying to figure out if the state is obligated to keep former President Donald Trump’s name on a 436-acre state park on land he donated in the New York City suburbs 14 years ago, after local opposition sunk his plans for a golf course.”

“A Change.org petition asks to rename the park for Sojourner Truth, an icon of the abolitionist and women’s rights movements. There’s also a bill under consideration to rename the park for Heather Heyer, who died when a car struck counterprotesters at the “Unite the Right” white nationalist rally in Charlottesville in 2017.”

Steve Thomas

14 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

My best to you on your retirement.  I've now enjoyed 3 years and 3 months after retiring early at 62 (not my original choice, but health and other issues dictated).  I've pretty much enjoyed every minute aside from the 4 years between 2017 and January 20th of this year.  I haven't got to do a lot of the things I was hoping to do, but don't miss the 2080 hours (government speak for a year's work hours) wasted away from home and the people and things that I CAN do.  Congratulations and I hope you get many years to enjoy!

14 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

A Profile of January 5 Trump War Council Attendee Daniel Beck

The little-known Idaho entrepreneur could be a key witness for federal investigators.

A Profile of January 5 Trump War Council Attendee Daniel Beck - Proof (substack.com)

This is an important story. If Merrick Garland and Wray are really going to prosecute this case, this angle is key I think. Seth Abramson has done some really good work on this. And people are already denying they were there, except there are pictures of them being at the hotel. Whenever someone does that, like Shaw denying he was Bertrand, you make them a person of interest. I have also written about this.  Will post it soon.

Edited by James DiEugenio