• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

Funny, sad and true. What's a hoot about the drawing is that when the non-conservative moves to meet in the supposed middle, said person goes more than half-way to where the conservative was originally. The non-conservative moves to nearly stand where the conservative was in the first place.

I'm now seeing the struggles that the Dem congress people had to go through during the Capital Riots. Some at first weren't directed anywhere. AOC was hiding in Congressman Katie Porters bathroom,and she gave AOC  tennis shoes in case she would have to run.

In any Impeachment trial worth it's a salt, they have to reconstruct what happened , get intelligence people's testimony to verify the timelines, show every relevant bit of film evidence.  If that one Capitol Cop  redirected the mob,they have to show how close Mike Pence was to being seen or apprehended. 

Then you bring Pence to the witness stand, verify through Mike Pence;s testimony that he has built his political career  as a man who professes  love of his family,  God, and Mother Country.   Then you verify that his  family was with him.  Ask him if he heard the mob, Were you frightened for the welfare of your family? If he downplays it, show film of the mob chanting to hang Pence., Don;t spare any drama and make Pence search his soul, on National TV. What did you feel like when you and your family could hear the angry mob down the hall? Did you  fear for your family?

You bring Congress women to testify as to their fears. Unfortunately I wonder If AOC's just too divisive a figure to the right, but unfortunately through Fox, even the center.  But there are other women including Republican women.

This isn't even to mention the Trump meeting on Jan.5th. To really investigate that right, and to effectively use the testimony of the victims which were the the members of Congress themselves, (now that's real life drama!) as well as the various police forces. You just need more time. The Democrats should hold on. They shouldn't spill all their beans in a hastily constructed trial. I think they gather evidence, lay low, get their witnesses ready and orchestrate it to maximum effect.

Wow! I've only seen snippets of this. AOC tonight accounting her experience during the Capitol Riots.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

On 1/31/2021 at 2:24 AM, Steve Thomas said:

It is said that the disagreement was mutual.

Trump said, "I'm not paying you."

The lawyers said, "Well, we're not working for free."

The breakup was mutual.

Steve Thomas

I was only joking, but as it turns out...

Scoop: Fees — not just strategy — blew up Trump's legal team

By Alayna Treene 02/02/21

https://www.axios.com/trump-legal-fees-impeachment-trial-8f6578e6-0662-4aea-8edc-aee2530c5165.html

“Disagreements over legal strategy weren't the only reason Donald Trump's defense team collapsed just days before his second impeachment trial, Axios has learned.

What we're hearing: The notoriously stingy former president and his lead lawyer, Butch Bowers, wrangled over compensation during a series of tense phone calls, sources familiar with their conversations said. The argument came even though Trump has raised over $170 million from the public that could be used on his legal defenses.

• The two initially agreed Bowers would be paid $250,000 for his individual services, a figure that "delighted" Trump, one of the sources said.

• However, Trump didn't realize Bowers hadn't included additional expenses — including more lawyers, researchers and other legal fees that would be accrued on the job.

• He was said to be livid when Bowers came back to him with a total budget of $3 million. Trump called the South Carolina attorney and eventually negotiated him down to $1 million.

• All of this infuriated Trump and his political team, who think the case will be straightforward, given 45 Republican senators already voted to dismiss the trial on the basis it's unconstitutional to convict a former president on impeachment charges.

• Trump's political arm also was planning to pay separately for audiovisuals, a rapid-response team and legislative liaison.

In the end, the money dispute added to frustrations Bowers and the other lawyers felt about whether the former president's claims of election fraud should be central to their arguments.

"I think there was some problems getting money for it, but it wasn't [just] that," said Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.), who helped Trump secure Bowers and other impeachment lawyers. "Just too many cooks in the kitchen."

Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Wow! I've only seen snippets of this. AOC tonight accounting her experience during the Capitol Riots.

Kirk,

Did you see where Trumps new lawyer said that Trump can't a fair trial because the jurors are biased?

Voir dire them all !, I say.

Steve Thomas

Watching that weird cheer leader like selfie video taken by Donald Trump Jr. of that January 6th outdoor tent party with music, dancing, food, close with no masks high fives and shoulder slapping and large screen TV's set up with coverage of the "Stop The Steal" protest crowd and with Trump senior fixated on this TV coverage, I had to ask myself "what the heck is going on with that?"

Trump had what ... 100 rallies all around the country?

This January 6th "Stop The Steal" rally/protest was unlike any of those other 100.

Trump Jr. exuberantly cheering on the tent party happenings, patting Kevin McCarthy with praise as a true fighter and seeing his girlfriend Kimberly Guilfoyle sexily shaking her hips and arms to the rocking tunes and panning over to Trump Sr. intently watching the protest crowd on TV I realized this was something way more important to Trump Sr. and Jr. than anything like a typical rally.

This was a Trump creation "Super Bowl" mega rally party.

The ultimate final hurrah protest event.

The way Trump Sr. seemed fixated on the TV broadcast crowd play by play happenings you could tell he was expecting something more to come of the event even after finishing his "we was robbed" riling up speech to his wild bunch band of bonehead true believers into a vengeful slogan shouting frenzy.

Trump mentioned the word "fight" 20 times in his "win one for the Gipper" team rallying cry speech.  March on down to that Capital building and show em who's boss! And ... "DON'T BE WEAK!"

Isn't it obvious Trump wanted this protest event to escalate into something that would rock the world and maybe even do the impossible ... stop the electoral vote count and give him one last shot at keeping Biden from his presidency?

And if not successful in that way, at least Trump could revel in his sadistic pleasure of creating the ultimate "take that" chaos with one final break everything in the room parting tantrum. With others taking the legal blame and punishment of course.

Like millions of other Americans, I believe Trump wanted a violent event like we witnessed to take place and his outrageously irresponsible long wait to order in controlling forces to stop it was intentional to ensure this lynch mob attack on the Capital building had it's desired final last "take that" intimidation effect.

Hopefully, the Democrats can prove this Trump culpability to a degree worthy of fair and just accountability in the upcoming impeachment trial.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Bonus episode: Inside the craziest meeting of the Trump presidency

By Jonathan Swan, Zachary Basu

https://www.axios.com/trump-oval-office-meeting-sidney-powell-a8e1e466-2e42-42d0-9cf1-26eb267f8723.html

Four conspiracy theorists marched into the Oval Office. It was early evening on Friday, Dec. 18 — more than a month after the election had been declared for Joe Biden, and four days after the Electoral College met in every state to make it official.”

“Flynn went berserk”

“Finally Herschmann had enough. "Why the xxxx do you keep standing up and screaming at me?" he shot back at Flynn. "If you want to come over here, come over here. If not, sit your ass down." Flynn sat back down.”

“Powell waved an affidavit from the pile of papers in her lap, claiming it contained testimony from someone involved in the development of rigged voting machines in Venezuela.

She proposed declaring a national security emergency, granting her and her cabal top-secret security clearances and using the U.S. government to seize Dominion’s voting machines.”

"How exactly are you going to do this?" an exasperated Herschmann asked again, later in the conversation. Newman again cited the 2018 executive order, which prompted Herschmann to question out loud whether she was even a lawyer.

Then Byrne chimed in: "There are guys with big guns and badges who can get these things." Herschmann couldn't believe it. "What are you, three years old?" he asked.

I am speechless.

Steve Thomas

Edited by Steve Thomas

Trump Cower Moscow

The KGB began recruiting Trump in the early 80s. The prevailing evidence and his behavior shows he is owned by Russia. Why are we STILL not talking about this?

https://gregolear.substack.com/p/trump-cower-moscow?token=eyJ1c2VyX2lkIjo5NTk5NDEyLCJwb3N0X2lkIjozMjA5OTAyMywiXyI6InR4ZmhLIiwiaWF0IjoxNjEyMjg5NDMyLCJleHAiOjE2MTIyOTMwMzIsImlzcyI6InB1Yi0yMDY5NSIsInN1YiI6InBvc3QtcmVhY3Rpb24ifQ.fYlwCsKEQDAOP1x6E380Oqo6jhYQ8nCWMZETiuxjiIs

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Read: Democrats' impeachment trial brief

Updated 02/02/21 10:29 AM ET,

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/democrats-impeachment-trial-brief/index.html

Steve Thomas

The defense lawyers for Donald Trump file their brief:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/02/politics/trump-response-impeachment-article/index.html

On page 1, the brief is addressed to the Unites States Senate.

They repeat this on page 9.

image.png.02c0803959260e69378686f747bb1a33.png

I wonder who they are.

Steve Thomas

10 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Bonus episode: Inside the craziest meeting of the Trump presidency

By Jonathan Swan, Zachary Basu

https://www.axios.com/trump-oval-office-meeting-sidney-powell-a8e1e466-2e42-42d0-9cf1-26eb267f8723.html

Four conspiracy theorists marched into the Oval Office. It was early evening on Friday, Dec. 18 — more than a month after the election had been declared for Joe Biden, and four days after the Electoral College met in every state to make it official.”

“Flynn went berserk”

“Finally Herschmann had enough. "Why the xxxx do you keep standing up and screaming at me?" he shot back at Flynn. "If you want to come over here, come over here. If not, sit your ass down." Flynn sat back down.”

“Powell waved an affidavit from the pile of papers in her lap, claiming it contained testimony from someone involved in the development of rigged voting machines in Venezuela.

She proposed declaring a national security emergency, granting her and her cabal top-secret security clearances and using the U.S. government to seize Dominion’s voting machines.”

"How exactly are you going to do this?" an exasperated Herschmann asked again, later in the conversation. Newman again cited the 2018 executive order, which prompted Herschmann to question out loud whether she was even a lawyer.

Then Byrne chimed in: "There are guys with big guns and badges who can get these things." Herschmann couldn't believe it. "What are you, three years old?" he asked.

I am speechless.

Steve Thomas

I read some of this and more in another article Steve.   Same meeting where Martial law was proposed wasn't it? Insurrection and sedition.  They fueled his fire.  Am I wrong?  

Edited by Ron Bulman