The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

The Democrats have to make their campaign about sensible gun legislation and the Scotus  overturn of Roe vs. Wade.. Abortion has never been a vote getter for the Democrats, but  was always a great motivator for the Repubs because the Dems  were always on the right side of the law with Roe Vs. Wade, but that no longer is the case.

The 2016 Trump voter in many cases never voted in a general election before. They didn't show in the 2018 midterm and there's no reason to assume they'll show up now. The Democrats took over the house in 2018 and the only reason they didn't sweep Congress is because they had many more Senate seats coming up for election than the Repubs. But now It's just the opposite,  in the Senate 22 Republican seats are coming up as opposed to only 14 for the Democrats. So the possibility of the Dems taking the Senate is greater than holding on to the house.

But now there's a new twist. The very  latest generic polls show people have shifted in favor of the Democrats!  Whether it's just a little blip or how long it will last remains to be seen.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Matt Allison said:

Not a pleasant 4th of July. The mass shooting was just south of where we live. My wife's step-brother and his wife and child were at the parade and escaped unharmed. Then for two hours helicopters hovered over our house and town as the shooter had escaped through our area. He was thankfully captured 8 hours later about a mile from my in-laws house.

On a personal level, my regards are extended to you on this matter. 

2 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

I wonder how the citizens of Highland Park feel about that.

Yesterday also completely demolished the "good guy with a gun" canard.

It will take a while for that to sink in with many people, but they've been had.

With the end of Roe, the US edges closer and closer to civil war

Stephen Marche-The Guardian

---30---

This seems to be a growing meme in left-wing media. The US is headed towards a Civil War, this time due to the interminable abortion issue. 

The US media amplifies and obsesses with divisive and diversionary social issues. 

Is the purpose of US media, left- and right-wing, to delude and divide the voting public? 

Edited by Benjamin Cole

View on Jan 6 from a JCOS insider: We were nearly a "banana republic":

https://www.salon.com/2022/07/05/gen-russel-honor-coup-attempt-put-us-in-the-banana-republic-club/

"...but you do need to understand that even Pence was questioning the intent of the Secret Service because he wouldn't get in that car."

Edited by David Andrews

Thanks David.  Interesting article.

I always liked that guy.