• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

I know I'm not the only Education Forum member who is skeptical about the sudden surge in Katyusha rocket attacks on American bases in Iraq by alleged "Iranian militias" since Biden's inauguration.  Cui bono?  Certainly not Iran.

How the media exploits liberals' empathy to sell them war

Under Obama, Trump and now Biden, mainstream media has tugged at progressive heartstrings to justify endless war

Humanitarian imperialism: How the media exploits liberals' empathy to sell them war | Salon.com

10 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

I know I'm not the only Education Forum member who is skeptical about the sudden surge in Katyusha rocket attacks on American bases in Iraq by alleged "Iranian militias" since Biden's inauguration.  Cui bono?  Certainly not Iran.

How the media exploits liberals' empathy to sell them war

Under Obama, Trump and now Biden, mainstream media has tugged at progressive heartstrings to justify endless war

Humanitarian imperialism: How the media exploits liberals' empathy to sell them war | Salon.com

Great article! W. Some good 21st century historic lessons. And a warning to not be tolerant of Biden should he try to advance this further. Wow! Neera Tanden, super hawk, no wonder the only problem the Republicans had with her appointment was caddy "Republican tweets".

But as the article said: A 2018 survey found the public still infected, with over two-thirds in support of limiting military action overseas, including 78% of Democratic voters.

And with registered Democrats outnumbering registered Republicans by 25%, (31-25) You can conclude that probably a little over half the Republicans don't see limiting military action oversees.So it's the Democratic base that has to prevail to nip a potential  expanded conflict in the bud. Provided there isn't a major  upset in the equation. Since Biden is not a peace candidate, My guess is that the general trend is to continue what started with Obama, and continued with Trump. And that is,  when determined as needed, progressively more drone strikes at specific targets, to minimize loss  of American life which Americans are becoming increasingly intolerant.

They went into the press coverage of 2017 Trump authorized airstrikes in Syria:

The article did quote "A FAIR study (4/11/17) found that 39 of the top 100 U.S. newspapers by circulation published editorials praising the Trump decision, with only one (Houston Chronicle, 4/7/17) offering limited pushback on technical grounds."

39 out of 100 is 39 too many but some of those newspapers have to be pro Trump already anyway.

But I was sort of confused at the attempt at a strong ending. Using a Brian Williams quote about the 2017 Trump authorized airstrikes in Syria:

Brian Williams: I am tempted to quote the great Leonard Cohen: "I am guided by the beauty of our weapons." And they are beautiful pictures of fearsome armaments.

My first thought was that Brian Williams wasn't such a cultural bumpkin, that he has to be aware that a figure like Leonard Cohen wouldn't be one to write a line that would extol the glories of war, and it does seem unlikely that Williams would praise Trump for any such action.

Among FAIR's  assessment of only one press critique of Trump's action. They didn't mention this WAPO editorial below  "Democracy dies in darkness", using Williams misplaced comments..

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2017/04/07/dear-brian-williams-leave-the-rhapsodies-to-cohen/

But as to Williams quote: I think it was more his sort  clumsiness out of wanting to wax poetic.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Does this even require a comment? The propaganda has never been this bad. And yes Doug, co2 is already becoming the next excuse for why we must obey the "experts" suggestions for not living a normal life. Its best we not think about it as the NY Times and others do that for us.

image.thumb.jpeg.5970cdadde5a8a2e14aede7e65005b05.jpeg

GOPers are ignoring Trump's demand they stop using his name to make money: report

by Tom Boggioni March 08, 2021

https://www.rawstory.com/trump-gop-2650970889/

“The three official fundraising arms of the Republican Party are reportedly ignoring a threat from former President Donald Trump to stop using his name and likeness in fundraising appeals as they build up a war chest for the 2022 midterm election.

On Saturday, attorneys for Trump delivered a cease and desist letter to the Republican National Committee, the National Republican Congressional Committee, and the National Republican Senatorial Committee instructing them to drop Trump from their appeals.

On Monday, Politico Playbook updated their report, saying Trump's threat appears to have been ignored and Trump is still prominently featured.

"They don't seem to be taking the warnings seriously," Playbook reports. "The NRSC advertised a T-shirt for 'Trump Supporters ONLY!' with his face and the words 'Miss Me yet?' on Facebook. The landing page for the donation was still active as of Sunday night. As Alex Isenstadt noted, the RNC doesn't seem to be backing off, either. Trump was referenced in fundraising emails Saturday and Sunday even though the letter was delivered to the committee lawyers Friday."”

What’s he going to do, sue them? That would be funny.

Steve Thomas

At least someone is asking the right questions, although Biden is obviously more concerned with gene therapy and protecting Monsanto. The "going direct" part of this was approved in 2019 at G-7. It would have been a tough sell on the public if we had another "too big to fail" moment. This requires something big to create trillions to give to your friends while congress haggles over scraps for people they stripped incomes from.

image.thumb.jpeg.30456c2c9ff94fcb470ec5c2c495ed6e.jpeg

12 hours ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Brian Williams: I am tempted to quote the great Leonard Cohen: "I am guided by the beauty of our weapons." And they are beautiful pictures of fearsome armaments.

My first thought was that Brian Williams wasn't such a cultural bumpkin, that he has to be aware that a figure like Leonard Cohen wouldn't be one to write a line that would extol the glories of war, and it does seem unlikely that Williams would praise Trump for any such action.

He got his assistant to Google a page worth of "Lyrics about war," and sexually harassed her while he picked one.

So that's Leon's son, Ron?

Joe said: Franken should have fought to keep his Senate seat.

Agreed, that was shameful what they did to him! The Dems will eat their own over cultural issues. At least we can be comforted that Kirtsen Gillebrand who sort of lead the charge against Franken, will never be President!

P.S. then I find this!

Let's throw a cultural monkey wrench into  things and elect Al Franken president in 2024!

Yeah Dave, Brian Williams, I don't know what he was thinking. What a weirdo! Always trying to end his interviews with an  off the wall spin!

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

Paxton is the utter worst.

Three Top Russian Cybercrime Forums Hacked — Krebs on Security

Ok. Now that it is public knowledge, or at least assumed to be, Carter and some of the other nay-sayers around here can read it and weep. This is not all of the back story of the intel sources used in recent years but should suffice to explain some of the reasons why the IC knows certain information that it is not willing to make public that Binney and others have not had any knowledge of. This is a quote from the article:

According to Intel 471, on March 1, 2021, the administrator of the Exploit cybercrime forum claimed that a proxy server the forum used for protection from distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks might have been compromised by an unknown party. The administrator stated that on Feb. 27, 2021, a monitoring system detected unauthorized secure shell access to the server and an attempt to dump network traffic.

Some forum lurkers have speculated that these recent compromises feel like the work of some government spy agency.

The dump itself is no doubt an attempt at a coup de' grace rather than an initial attack as odds are these sources have been compromised for years. It's like a man in the middle scam and the IC has had access to the goodies. It's interesting they're giving it away now though. No doubt a response to Solar Winds.

Edited by Bob Ness

Re Oprah interview:
Hey, You mean to  tell me that this centuries old colonial empire monarch eugenics experiment is actually.......,... racist?
Oh come on now!
Have you any idea of the damage such an irresponsible statement such as that can have on their masses of people?
Fake news, if ever there was!!
Back across the pond.

The average American doesn't know  his political interests from a hole in the ground.

You look at these people who stormed the Capitol. I'm sure some of these people could be anxiously awaiting their covid relief checks. But of course they would never think of petitioning their idol Trump for to ask for assistance? Of course not, They got sucked into the one candidate who would never offer them assistance unless he thought he was  in danger of losing an election.
You know this woman, Ashli Babbit  who tragically  got shot and  killed at the Capitol. Bill Maher said in his show she had 10's of 1000's of dollars in credit card debt. I can't remember the exact amount. But she took out a cash advance on her credit card at 44% to go to the Capitol for Trump! Had she ever heard about Bernie Sanders? Had she heard about Elizabeth Warren? The only real anti elite candidates for President who would be sympathetic to her. No she gets sucked into the one candidate who would never help her with credit card relief, who never helped her to get by from May all the way to the end of 2020 with providing her relief from the pandemic. Trump didn't care enough to even lie about lowering excessive credit card rates and not deliver like he did with Health Care.

It's like a battered housewife syndrome.There's absolutely no expectation that Trump should be working for them, or held to any standard of actual performance, his only purpose is just to air their grievances.