The Education Forum

Bob Dylan song about JFK assassination

8 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Why are all the artists on the chart old? Don't any younger generations do rock? Or is it that their music sucks when compared to the classics?

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Randy Newman got old.

9 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Surely you jest.  Oliver Stone has fallen into Judyth Baker's web.  He has lost all credibility in my eyes...

Judyth Baker aside, the man who made the most influential film on this topic, teaming up with someone like Dylan, would send out a very strong message to the world. The mainstream media would not be able to do anything to whitewash it. 

15 hours ago, Kishan Dandiker said:

Judyth Baker aside, the man who made the most influential film on this topic, teaming up with someone like Dylan, would send out a very strong message to the world. The mainstream media would not be able to do anything to whitewash it. 

Once tainted with JVB, there is no return to credibility in my book.  

On 4/8/2020 at 8:38 PM, David Andrews said:

"Everyone was shocked, but no one was surprised."  -- Joan Didion on the Sharon Tate house killings.

I remember them well.  I was living in San Francisco and expecting my first child when they happened.  I had moved there from NYC. That helped to convince me that California was full of crazies. 

I have to wonder why Joan said 'no one was surprised.' Perhaps she thought there were negative vibes around Roman Polanski and Sharon Tate because they had recently filmed "Rosemary's Baby" at the Dakota in NYC.  Another odd coincidence is that "Helter Skelter" was found written in blood at one of the scenes, and John Lennon was later killed getting out of his limousine at the Dakota.

20 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

Why are all the artists on the chart old? Don't any younger generations do rock? Or is it that their music sucks when compared to the classics?

That is a really good question that I don't have an answer to...

23 hours ago, Sandy Larsen said:

That's right Sandy,  Sorry some of you guys missed it. That's when the conspiracies were really juicy.    Now they do it  right out in front of you. The music was better too.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

On 4/9/2020 at 1:42 AM, Sandy Larsen said:

I believe the particular chart (rock digital) Dylan is leading does not include streaming. In my experience, the casual music listener of the younger generation uses a streaming service exclusively. This chart is all about digital sales, not many millennials actually pay for individual music albums or songs.

Last year Tool had all top 10 slots on the rock digital chart, impressive, but still an older group. 

49 minutes ago, Denny Zartman said:

Has anyone determined the significance of the line "Moonlight Sonata in F sharp", since the piece as written is actually in C sharp minor?

Good one - have to think about that. Maybe just an error? 

15 hours ago, Pamela Brown said:

Once tainted with JVB, there is no return to credibility in my book.  

Pamela - you were once tainted by JVB, spent more time with her than just about anyone. Hey, I agree she is a TAINT, but let’s cut Stone a little slack. I could also point out his Putin interviews. But I hold off on condemning him for it.