• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

3 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Clarence Thomas is a disgrace-- especially for his vote in the Shelby v. Holder case, which crippled enforcement of the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

He's a man who stood on the shoulders of Civil Rights giants, then took a leak on their heads.

Email I received today from Senator Hawley that he titled, "They are after me.":

When conservatives across Missouri and our country saw what happened in our most recent elections - and the political class’s reluctance to give their own voters a hearing - I objected to the certification of the electoral college votes in Pennsylvania, despite pressure from both Democrats and Republicans.

Pennsylvania wasn’t following their own state’s election law, but the establishment didn’t want to hear it. But that’s not who I work for. I objected because I wanted to make sure your voice was heard.

Now, Biden and his woke mob are coming after me. I need your help.

Before Biden even took office, he shamefully targeted me for voicing my concerns by comparing me to a poopoo. He went even farther saying I should be “flat beaten.” Talking heads in the media were also calling for my resignation, and “keyboard warriors” on Twitter were calling me a terrorist.

Well, I have a message for them and for every special interest that wants me to shut up and ignore the truth: I will not back down.

I ran for Senate with a promise to protect American values, not corporate greed or woke mobs. The challenges we face won’t be easy, but we have something more important than special interests or Hollywood cash - we have a desire to protect our future.

If we do not stand up to the radical left we will get four years of lies, censorship, and America-last policies.

Biden and his allies will continue to lob attacks at us and try to silence us, and the media and Big Tech have already shown they’re on board. That means it’s up to us, the people, to stand up for our own rights. Please, join me in defending this land of opportunity and preserving our values for generations of Americans to come.

Thank you,

Alternate text

Josh Hawley

4 hours ago, Douglas Caddy said:

Email I received today from Senator Hawley that he titled, "They are after me.":

When conservatives across Missouri and our country saw what happened in our most recent elections - and the political class’s reluctance to give their own voters a hearing - I objected to the certification of the electoral college votes in Pennsylvania, despite pressure from both Democrats and Republicans.

Pennsylvania wasn’t following their own state’s election law, but the establishment didn’t want to hear it. But that’s not who I work for. I objected because I wanted to make sure your voice was heard.

Now, Biden and his woke mob are coming after me. I need your help.

Before Biden even took office, he shamefully targeted me for voicing my concerns by comparing me to a poopoo. He went even farther saying I should be “flat beaten.” Talking heads in the media were also calling for my resignation, and “keyboard warriors” on Twitter were calling me a terrorist.

Well, I have a message for them and for every special interest that wants me to shut up and ignore the truth: I will not back down.

I ran for Senate with a promise to protect American values, not corporate greed or woke mobs. The challenges we face won’t be easy, but we have something more important than special interests or Hollywood cash - we have a desire to protect our future.

If we do not stand up to the radical left we will get four years of lies, censorship, and America-last policies.

Biden and his allies will continue to lob attacks at us and try to silence us, and the media and Big Tech have already shown they’re on board. That means it’s up to us, the people, to stand up for our own rights. Please, join me in defending this land of opportunity and preserving our values for generations of Americans to come.

Thank you,

Alternate text

Josh Hawley

Interesting.  A scam for $ for personal use like trump did over the election.  Or targeting 2024.

9 hours ago, W. Niederhut said:

Clarence Thomas is a disgrace-- especially for his vote in the Shelby v. Holder case, which crippled enforcement of the 1965 Voting Rights Act.

He's a man who stood on the shoulders of Civil Rights giants, then took a leak on their heads.

You had me at Anita Hill.  What a disgrace to not only Black Americans most especially, but All Americans.

JURISPRUDENCE

Why Biden Can’t Fire Postmaster General Louis DeJoy

Trying to force DeJoy out could lead to constitutional chaos.

FEB 08, 20216:07 PM
Louis DeJoy.
Louis DeJoy on Capitol Hill on Aug. 24. Tom Williams/CQ-Roll Call Inc. via Getty Images/Pool

During his first weeks in office, President Joe Biden has ousted a number of powerful officials appointed by Donald Trump. One controversial figure from Trump’s presidency, however, remains in office: Louis DeJoy, the notorious postmaster general who almost sabotaged mail voting in the fall and continues to gut the agency, creating catastrophic delays throughout the country. Progressives are furious that DeJoy has kept his post, but Biden’s hands are tied: While the president can fire other high-ranking executive officials at will, federal law bars the president from terminating the postmaster general under any circumstances. Biden can attempt to oust DeJoy indirectly, but that option is fraught with legal uncertainties, and certain to trigger Republican complaints of norm busting. Unless the president is willing to take a significant legal risk, DeJoy will remain in control for months or years to come.

Wow Joe! So only Trump gets the lifetime opportunity to install a post master just like he does Supreme Court judges?  I suppose he just can't ask him to resign? I think Biden's going to end up stepping on some Republican toes anyway. 

Clarence Thomas was probably the most mediocre pick for Scotus ever! George Bush was eager to be the first Republican to first nominate a black judge who was a conservative Republican. But there was just one problem. There were no good judges fitting those criteria! His few written rulings I've read all seem to sound sort of the same.

Edited by Kirk Gallaway

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

Wow Joe! So only Trump gets the lifetime opportunity to install a post master just like he does Supreme Court judges?  I suppose he just can't ask him to resign? I think Biden's going to end up stepping on some Republican toes anyway. 

Clarence Thomas was probably the most mediocre pick for Scotus ever! George Bush was eager to be the first Republican to first nominate a black judge who was a conservative Republican. But there was just one problem. There were no good judges fitting those criteria! His few written rulings I've read all seem to sound sort of the same.

I believe he can change the job itself. That is he can alter the authorities given the Post Master thereby rendering the position meaningless. That's the tree I'd bark up at any rate. Or the the ankle I'd nip at hahaha

The President can't "fire" the Postmaster General, but the Board of Governors of the Postal Service CAN remove him.  There are three vacancies on the board right now, so that is the obvious path to follow in order to get rid of him.

51 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

Wow Joe! So only Trump gets the lifetime opportunity to install a post master just like he does Supreme Court judges?

What nefarious deeds can DeJoy perform now that the election is over? The purpose of his appointment was to sabotage mail-in voting, which is now history. As for the future, state legislatures are in the act of outlawing mail-in voting, drop boxes etc. (i.e. suppressing the vote), so DeJoy won't have to bother with it again except for those states that still think that making voting easy is a good idea.  Basically events have taken de joy out of his purpose as Postmaster General.

2 hours ago, Richard Price said:

The President can't "fire" the Postmaster General, but the Board of Governors of the Postal Service CAN remove him.  There are three vacancies on the board right now, so that is the obvious path to follow in order to get rid of him.

Ah that sounds right.