The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

1 hour ago, W. Niederhut said:

You know what's really (not so) funny? They're all going to have to pay maybe as much as four or more times as much for their power in the next billing cycle because that's the way it works in a market rate system. When Bush was elected in 2000 and the scum bag let FERC switch the grids over to the republican cherished "free market utilities" aluminum plants in Washington closed down to sell their contracts into the grids at ten times the rate they had contracted for. They actually paid their employees to go home.

Biggest scam ever until the magic "unregulated derivatives" scam they foisted on everyone later. It's why it's so critical to have a stupid base of voters (please see 1/6/2021).

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

On 2/17/2021 at 12:01 PM, Bob Ness said:

You know what's really (not so) funny? They're all going to have to pay maybe as much as four or more times as much for their power in the next billing cycle because that's the way it works in a market rate system. When Bush was elected in 2000 and the scum bag let FERC switch the grids over to the republican cherished "free market utilities" aluminum plants in Washington closed down to sell their contracts into the grids at ten times the rate they had contracted for. They actually paid their employees to go home.

Biggest scam ever until the magic "unregulated derivatives" scam they foisted on everyone later. It's why it's so critical to have a stupid base of voters (please see 1/6/2021).

Jerry Jones ‘hitting the jackpot’ due to fallout from crippling cold weather? (msn.com)

10 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Yeah this gag got forgotten fast when Bush deregulated the energy companies and allowed them to scam consumers. They took plants offline on purpose using ridiculous excuses, shipped power out and then back in across state lines on and on. There were untold amount of scams going on as FERC was stripped of regulators and Bush's boy at the head played Mr. MacGoo. He and Cheney should have been prosecuted for that and many other things. The Republicans are really the worst scum bags on the planet and obviously they're getting worse. Unfortunately their supporters, who are mostly pretty good people, are told lies and go for this corrupt garbage. Now Texas gets a taste.

Edited by Bob Ness

The Government's 21 page indictment against the Oath Keepers for a conspiracy to "stop, delay and hinder Congress's certification of the Electoral College vote".

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/oath-keepers-trump-capitol-attack_n_60302260c5b6cc8bbf3b9304

One Oath Keeper claimed to the others. "You are executing citizen's arrest. Arrest this assembly, we have probable cause for acts of treason, election fraud."

image.png.985cd310ec2b0dcf42763fd1aa8911a1.png

Steve Thomas

Ritz Carlton Raphael Cruz Jr's constant downplaying and avoidance of blame excuse making in nationally broadcast interviews is sickening in so many ways.

Here Cruz is jetting off to the playground for the rich Cancun to stay in the luxury Ritz Carlton ( which he has done many times ) in the middle of the worst and most injurious and traumatic ( by far ) disaster to ever hit his entire state of Texas with 99.9 % of 13 million of his constituents unable to even imagine such a royal lifestyle indulgence ... and only cutting it short because he got caught and exposed in his elitist escape from the pain, suffering, stress and worry his fellow Texans were induring. 

This guy has been promoting himself as a "populist" pol who really relates to and cares about all his constituents and their needs regardless of their economic standing.

What an outrageously disgusting phony.

It brings to mind the "Queen Of Mean Leona Helmsley" who famously said to one of her abused servants "only the little people pay taxes."

In Cruz's case it is obviously "only the little people" have to suffer through the most traumatic natural disaster in their history.

Ted "Ritz Carlton" Cruz.

Edited by Joe Bauer

Steve Bannon believed Trump had dementia and plotted to remove him as president, according to new book

I don't know what make of this. But according to former "60 minutes" producer Ira Cohen, this was before Banon got fired by Trump in 2017. But he went to Trump major donor Robert Mercer. The timeline is sketchy, but Banon thought he could assume the Presidency, which means he's also clearly delusional! Banon now denies it.

Ira Cohen, in the "Skullduggery"  apple podcast, talks about his career. All this stuff about Banon, Mike Wallace being a misogynist,  being propositioned for sex by Ghislaine Maxwell in exchange for her revealing damaging info about Trump and Clinton? says Epstiens death was definitely not suicide. He talks about all we've known about Meyer Lansky blackmailing JEH with compromising photos of JEH with Clyde Tollson. He talks about the ethical questions about cultivating himself to a source.

https://www.businessinsider.com/bannon-said-trump-had-dementia-and-plotted-to-oust-him-as-president-book-2021-2

1 hour ago, Cliff Varnell said:

Breaking: Supreme Court declined to block NY grand jury access to Trump’s tax returns.

...Popcorn anyone?

Champagne for me-- if, and when, justice finally catches up with Don Mar-a-Lago.

I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm like the Miami Dolphins undefeated team.  The champagne is on ice and just waiting!  I don't drink alcohol however, so I'm going to offer it to some of the "Trump faithful" to deaden their pain if the shoe finally drops and an indictment turns to "guilty".  I would feel so good I might actually try to jump for joy (hope I don't break anything).  Might be better just to extend my flagpole a little taller and put a brighter light on it.  Once Jan. 6th was over I did raise it from half staff and salute it (finally).  There are many obstacles to go, but the daily oppressive feeling is lifting with every day we get past "that former guy".  My hope is that the feeling continues lifting and the dark clouds disperse.  Perhaps a new day will dawn and hope will arise anew.

Jessica Watkins didn't "really" meet with the Secret Service prior to the January 6th insurrection attempt.

She "encountered" them.

She was stopped at the check-in point and told to leave her s*** behind.

I'm so glad we got that minor little point straightened out.

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.226726/gov.uscourts.dcd.226726.29.0.pdf

(UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA )
(v. ) 21-CR-128 (APM)
(JESSICA WATKINS )

CLARIFICATION TO DEFENDANT’S MOTION FOR RELEASE AND ADDITIONAL LETTER OF SUPPORT
Jessica Watkins, through counsel, respectfully submits this clarification to her motion for release pending the outcome of her case. Counsel apologizes for being less than clear on a couple of points raised in the original motion – something that unfortunately became obvious by media inquiries. Counsel in no way meant to imply that Ms. Watkins met with the Secret Service. A better verb would have been “encountered.” Ms. Watkins spoke with Secret Service members early in the day when she was coming through the check in point for the VIP area. The point counsel was attempting to make was that she encountered law enforcement, including Secret Service officer on her way to providing security for the rally. She was given directives about things she could and could not do, including directions to leave all tactical gear outside of the VIP area, and she abided by all of those directives. Ms. Watkins does not suggest that she has any direct knowledge that her role as security was sanctioned by anyone other than people involved in organizing the rally. She certainly did not mean to suggest that she was hired by the U.S. Secret Service to perform security. Counsel again apologizes for any confusion created by the inartful language used in the motion.
Second, Ms. Watkins wants the Court to know that she has not been mistreated by the staff at the D.C. Central Treatment Facility. To date, while in the custody of the D.C.
Case 1:21-cr-00028-APM Document 29 Filed 02/22/21 Page 1 of 2
Department of Corrections, she has been treated with respect and dignity. That was not her experience prior to her arrival in the District of Columbia. Counsel has been contacted by the Butler County Sherriff’s Department, which disputes the description of Ms. Watkins’ treatment at their facility, but acknowledges she was placed on suicide protocols. Ms. Watkins denies ever being suicidal or expressing suicidal thoughts, and stands by her assertions that she was placed on suicide watch for retaliatory reasons despite repeated assertions that she was not suicidal.
Finally, Counsel is attaching an additional letter of support that arrived after the prior submission.
Respectfully submitted,
A. J. KRAMER
FEDERAL PUBLIC DEFENDER
/s/ _____________________________ Michelle Peterson
Chief Assistant Federal Public Defender 625 Indiana Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20004
(202) 208-7500 Shelli_Peterson@fd.org
Case 1:21-cr-00028-APM Document 29 Filed 02/22/21 Page 2 of 2

Steve Thomas