The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

40 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

On January 6 Trump was still Commander in Chief. Who knows what kind of chaos he could have caused had he chosen to invoke his power.

Sandy,

I Alone Can Fix It’ book excerpt: The inside story of Trump’s defiance and inaction on Jan. 6

By Philip Rucker and  Carol D. Leonnig July 15, 2021

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/07/15/jan-6-i-alone-can-fix-it-book-excerpt/

“After first evacuating congressional leaders to the secure area of the Hart Building, Capitol Police decided to err on the side of caution and transported leaders, including Pelosi, McConnell, Senate Democratic leader Charles E. Schumer and House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy, to Fort McNair, an Army post in Southwest Washington.

At 3:15 p.m., Dan Sullivan called Milley. “This is really f----- up down here,” said the Republican senator from Alaska.

Sullivan told Milley that the senators were safe in a secure location and that Capitol Police had a tentative plan to evacuate them by bus. Sullivan, who had military training, thought the movement would put them in more danger.”

The Secret Service tried to get Mike Pence to evacuate the Capitol, and he refused.

There has been some suggestion in the last couple of days that the military was hesitant about sending in the National Guard, fearful that Trump would try and repurpose it.

If they had succeeded in evacuating the Capitol, and the National Guard was sent in to "protect the Trump supporters", who knows when the Legislature would have been able to reconvene to certify the results of the Electoral College.

With the Speaker of the House and the Vice President gone, the whole line of succession would have been broken.

Steve Thomas

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

38 minutes ago, Sandy Larsen said:

On January 6 Trump was still Commander in Chief. Who knows what kind of chaos he could have caused had he chosen to invoke his power.

I see 2016-2020 as a practice run and 2024 as the real thing should Trump be re-elected.

Hi Sandy,

As people know here, I don’t buy into the red and blue psychosis, delusions and theatre that is bought into every 4 years. It serves one class of people, and gives them continuity. The concept that the president is where true power sits is totally redundant, our JFKA research tells us that. 

The idea that the US Army, US NAVY, US AF, CIA, NSA, FBI, and so on would have acquiesced is nothing more than a fantasy. Your sacred democracy is a cesspool of corruption. 

The purpose it served was to paint a picture of protestors as dangerous subversives. It will reinforce a clampdown on such activities, creating a perception of protestors as domestic terrorists. 

Any of you who read history will know about the history under Nixon of riddling a protest with undercover law enforcement, to turn them ugly. Make them the villains. 

If you can only look at things in hero and villain archetypes, you’re doomed to under this psychosis perpetually. I do understand why it is more comfortable to believe in purity and this theatre, as it’s much more comfortable. 

"The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduces them. Whoever can supply them with illusions, is easily their master. Whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim."
Gusta Le Bon 

"Indeed, it is becoming ever more obvious that it is not famine, not earthquakes, not microbes, not cancer but man himself who is man's greatest danger to man, for the simple reason that there is no adequate protection against psychic epidemics, which are infinitely more devastating than the worst of natural catastrophes. "

Carl Jung 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09maaUaRT4M

Merry Christmas to all. I hope you all have a truly magical festive period. 

11 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

Revolver "News" is an extremist right-wing propaganda site. 

Their twitter feed tells you a lot about their motives: twitter.com/RevolverNews 

If Ray Epps had been some kind of gov plant, he never would have been advertised by the government as "Wanted", would he?

There were thousands of Trumpers there on 1/6; one or two guys didn't just suddenly convince everyone to raid the Capitol lol.

The entire thing was being planned on thedonald.win well in advance. Look it up. You should really try to research this rather than rely on goofball stories like your posted link.

Edited by Matt Allison

3 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

Revolver "News" is an extremist right-wing propaganda site. 

Their twitter feed tells you a lot about their motives: twitter.com/RevolverNews 

If Ray Epps had been some kind of gov plant, he never would have been advertised by the government as "Wanted", would he?

There were thousands of Trumpers there on 1/6; one or two guys didn't just suddenly convince everyone to raid the Capitol lol.

The entire thing was being planned on thedonald.win well in advance. Look it up. You should really try to research this rather than rely on goofball stories like your posted link.

Matt A.-

A funny thing about alternative news sites.

When I was young, the alternative media was mostly weekly magazines associated with a city, such as the LA Weekly in Los Angeles. Some radio outfits, such as Pacifica on the West Coast. 

The above outfits could be counted on to run far left narratives, even in the face of facts, and were widely ridiculed and reviled on the right. 

Those old left-wing outfits were also the only media outlets of the time to give a fair hearing to the alt-JFKA narratives. 

When I first heard of Garrison blaming the CIA for the JFKA, he sounded like the man from the moon to me (in my defense, I was barely a teenager). And sure enough, only Pacifica or the LA Weekly even gave Garrison a nod. 

Decades and decades later...I think Garrison was barking up the right tree. Garrison had sound reasons for his suspicions. 

On 1/6....

It may be there were no federal agitators, plants or facilitators in the 1/6 scrum. I suspect there were, and there are sound documented reasons for that suspicion.  Abundant video evidence for starters. 

You can bet your bottom dollar the WaPo, and the M$M, agrees with you on 1/6, and they will not expend even one reporter to try to fairly ascertain the facts. That alone should make you take an impartial, less judgmental stance. 

Who were Ray Epps, or Christopher Alberts, or the three other men seen, and abundantly recorded in videos, directing the crowd on 1/6? 

If you think there was an attempt at a bona fide insurrection through occupation of the Capitol, I would think you would breathing fire for these individuals to be brought to justice----indeed the WaPo should have their photos on the cover of the newspaper, demanding they be brought to justice. 

But no. 

The alt-media has identified key agitators in the 1/6 scrum, not just by interviews or word of mouth or garbled witness testimony, but recorded on video, and....crickets. 

I personally have identified through federal documents Christoper Alberts as the lone armed protestor in the Capitol, and one who carried extra ammo and a semi-auto pistol. Yet he was released on 1/7 on his own recognizance (no bail), and prosecution seems to have ended. 

The unarmed Mr. Buffalo Horns has been behind bars since shortly after 1/6, and will remain there for another few years. 

Huh? 

This 1/6 thing gets fishier and fishier, and I smell a rat. And if there is a rat, I do not expect the M$M to tell me. 

But all set aside, and a sincere Happy Holidays for now. We can resume arguments next year.  We will have all sorts of florid proclamations to make! 

Amanda Gorman’s new poem:

May this be the day

We come together.

Mourning, we come to mend,

Withered, we come to weather,

Torn, we come to tend,

Battered, we come to better.

Tethered by this year of yearning,

We are learning

That though we weren't ready for this,

We have been readied by it.

We steadily vow that no matter

How we are weighed down,

We must always pave a way forward.

This hope is our door, our portal.

Even if we never get back to normal,

Someday we can venture beyond it,

To leave the known and take the first steps.

So let us not return to what was normal,

But reach toward what is next.

What was cursed, we will cure.

What was plagued, we will prove pure.

Where we tend to argue, we will try to agree,

Those fortunes we forswore, now the future we foresee,

Where we weren't aware, we're now awake;

Those moments we missed

Are now these moments we make,

The moments we meet,

And our hearts, once all together beaten,

Now all together beat.

Come, look up with kindness yet,

For even solace can be sourced from sorrow.

We remember, not just for the sake of yesterday,

But to take on tomorrow.

We heed this old spirit,

In a new day's lyric,

In our hearts, we hear it:

For auld lang syne, my dear,

For auld lang syne.

Be bold, sang Time this year,

Be bold, sang Time,

For when you honor yesterday,

Tomorrow ye will find.

Know what we've fought

Need not be forgot nor for none.

It defines us, binds us as one,

Come over, join this day just begun.

For wherever we come together,

We will forever overcome.

Steve Thomas

First off Dennis, i understand the need to strike out!

I can only imagine the profound sense of heartbreak and displacement among the anti vaxxer community now that Trump has declared himself a vaxxer!

What's with these old people anyway? right Dennis?

Well there's always Alex Jones for President in 24.

Hmmm...Aren't those the people waging the "War on Christmas" Dennis?

That's not real comedy, too Foxy, no subtlety, too politically contrived and plaintive.

Isn't it suicide for the right to try to compete with the left  about anything creative including humor. It's certainly been demonstrated many times on this  forum!

From someone whose studied the subject a little more. In contrast, this is my pick for the #1 most funny joke from the right in 2021.

Then to contrast, of the 2021 memes from the left, there's a question if this even makes the Comedy top 100! 

r/PoliticalHumor - Military Industrial Complex

Only the same message from the same people who've been telling you this all your life before GW, but unfortunately Dad never bought into it?

Dennis, After years, It must be a relief to finally out yourself as a cultural warrior. Congrats! Well worth the wait!

heh heh!

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

First off Dennis, i understand the need to strike out!

I can only imagine the profound sense of heartbreak and displacement among the anti vaxxer community now that Trump has declared himself a vaxxer!

What's with these old people anyway? right Dennis?

Well there's always Alex Jones for President in 24.

Hmmm...Aren't those the people waging the "War on Christmas" Dennis?

That's not real comedy, too Foxy, no subtlety, too politically contrived and plaintive.

Yes, Kirk, Dennis's attempt at MAGA humor was too politically and racially contrived-- relying as it did on the old racist Republican trope about lazy black people wanting free stuff, etc.   Is that supposed to be funny?

As for the alleged "War on Christmas," this one gets my vote for Meme of the Month... 🤥

43b219c2eed857180cf99f118b02b1626480069f

Maybe the Capitol Police should have stood back and let the rioters have Pence.  Where would we be now if they'd hung him?  It might have been delayed further but wouldn't the speaker of the house have taken his place and the election certified anyway?  But pursuing the perpetrators might have taken on a more important role for many.

Capitol Police officer says it's a 'disgrace' that Pence is dismissing January 6: 'We did everything possible to prevent him from being hanged and killed in front of his daughter and his wife' (msn.com)

2 hours ago, Ron Bulman said:

Maybe the Capitol Police should have stood back and let the rioters have Pence.  Where would we be now if they'd hung him?  It might have been delayed further but wouldn't the speaker of the house have taken his place and the election certified anyway?  But pursuing the perpetrators might have taken on a more important role for many.

Capitol Police officer says it's a 'disgrace' that Pence is dismissing January 6: 'We did everything possible to prevent him from being hanged and killed in front of his daughter and his wife' (msn.com)

And I'm still wondering when the Congressional 1/6 investigating committee will finally get around to directly questioning Mike Pence about January 6th.  What are they waiting for?

We know that Pence was in on the White House coup planning meetings with Trump and Eastman, and that he hid in a parking garage for five hours during the attack on Congress, after refusing to get in the limo with Trump's Secret Service agents.

The American people have a right to hear the straight, sordid story from the former Vice President.

Mike Pence is as looney tunes as the rest of that Trumper crowd, only in a different way. I certainly appreciate him standing up for his country and its Constitution on 1/6, but he is also under the delusion that he could run for President and actually get the nomination, which is just cuckoo banana pants at this point...