• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

7 hours ago, Benjamin Cole said:

An interesting take on the Waukesha massacre. Evidently the murderer admired Hitler. 

So this character is obviously a garbage human and should be executed swiftly. How does one both admire Hitler (white guy) and hate white people?

Also, this kind of stuff drives me nuts and just shows how terrible the media truly is:

Left- "We're not going to report on this because it doesn't fit our narrative."

Right- "We're going to report on this and call attention to the left not reporting on this because it does fit our narrative."

This just goes to support the Trump "fake news" arguments. I will take that one step further though, Trump just called those who didn't report what he wanted "fake news", but I will say it is all "fake news." Both sides stuck in furthering their narratives and infecting weak minds with their propaganda. Sure, I am pretty far on the right spectrum, but I can filter through the garbage and decipher the facts for myself. I fear many others are not capable of doing the same and are swept up in this crap. Much like I believe Mr. Brooks fell for the narrative that was created for him to follow like a "good commie soldier." 

The creation of the 24 hour news cycle and the appetite for such coverage has created this problem in my opinion. With the appetite that exists for constant coverage and analysis, the news stations need to supply content for that demand. And there is not enough "real news" to fill that gap, so we are fed "opinion journalism" to fill the void. The problem is that "opinion journalism" has crept in and has overtaken the "real news" reporting and we are left with 24/7 "indoctrination outlets." Even the local 6 o'clock news has been infiltrated with this bias.

When an angry mob trashes the US Capitol and calls out for the murder of the Vice President of the US and the Speaker of the House (and breaks into her office and steals items , such as her computer, from her office), this is not a scrum- it is an insurrection and needs to be put down, in my opiion. If those rioters on 1/6 were mostly black, you would get a much different reaction from the racists and facists that control the republican party today.

1 hour ago, Ty Carpenter said:

So this character is obviously a garbage human and should be executed swiftly. How does one both admire Hitler (white guy) and hate white people?

Also, this kind of stuff drives me nuts and just shows how terrible the media truly is:

Left- "We're not going to report on this because it doesn't fit our narrative."

Right- "We're going to report on this and call attention to the left not reporting on this because it does fit our narrative."

This just goes to support the Trump "fake news" arguments. I will take that one step further though, Trump just called those who didn't report what he wanted "fake news", but I will say it is all "fake news." Both sides stuck in furthering their narratives and infecting weak minds with their propaganda. Sure, I am pretty far on the right spectrum, but I can filter through the garbage and decipher the facts for myself. I fear many others are not capable of doing the same and are swept up in this crap. Much like I believe Mr. Brooks fell for the narrative that was created for him to follow like a "good commie soldier." 

The creation of the 24 hour news cycle and the appetite for such coverage has created this problem in my opinion. With the appetite that exists for constant coverage and analysis, the news stations need to supply content for that demand. And there is not enough "real news" to fill that gap, so we are fed "opinion journalism" to fill the void. The problem is that "opinion journalism" has crept in and has overtaken the "real news" reporting and we are left with 24/7 "indoctrination outlets." Even the local 6 o'clock news has been infiltrated with this bias.

Ty C-

Thoughtful commentary---I especially agree with you, the narrative has replaced news. 

Hey, you can be an old leftie, or a rightie, but if you can't see this....

BTW, Hillary Clinton is all but calling for "gatekeepers" to control the news. 

Hey, stay with your independent way of thinking. 

12 minutes ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

When an angry mob trashes the US Capitol and calls out for the murder of the Vice President of the US and the Speaker of the House (and breaks into her office and steals items , such as her computer, from her office), this is not a scrum- it is an insurrection and needs to be put down, in my opiion. If those rioters on 1/6 were mostly black, you would get a much different reaction from the racists and facists that control the republican party today.

Chuck S-

If the 1/6 scrum, or riot, or insurrection was aided, abetted and instigated by federal infiltrators, plants and provocateurs....what should be done? 

Good piece Ty, 

I think we have a number of right leaning foreigners  discovering inequities to their sensibilities of the American media for the first time, and  we're supposed to field every consideration. So I'm going to respond in kind and then try to give some context to this Waukeska thing.

Well, Darrell Brooks is a story I'll address but on a National ,really world scale story. Fox has been running pieces for 2 years equivocating the Epstien story with Clinton. Now in this  Ghislaine Maxwell trial  a pilot testifies both Clinton and Trump have ridden in  Epstien's plane. It is covered in CNN with Clinton's name first but now that Trump is involved, the story was ignored on Fox.

That's interesting the exchange between W. and Jake. We now have Brits starting to warm up to the idea that a 17 year old has the right to enter a riot with an AR- 15!  We'll win you over eventually!

Jake:I haven't seen a single comment, not one comment about the Waukesha attack.

Oh not one comment Jake? Well I suppose that is a pretty natural response from a Brit as they are quite understandably curious and attracted to the U.S. gun craziness as flies are to sh-t.   Is this thread now going to be the foreigner go to thread to get a salacious peak into how some Americans view the diseased American mind.?  So Jake, you have  a great disappointment that we don't comment on every crazy killing that goes on in the country?

Oh weren't you leaving this thread?  heh heh heh Oh come on , how could an avowed  Brit Conservative possibly turn away!  I haven't seen it yet. And that's fine. I don't think the American experience has looked more like an experiment since the 60's.

Sorry, we generally aim to please.  I guess the best way we can spin it to a Conservative Brit  is that here in America, we  love our "freedom" and "liberties." Is everything OK now?

i thought the Saager segment that Ben submitted was interesting, What I previously  heard about the Waukesha assailant was that he had a history of mental illness, drug addiction and crime (as Saager said," loser"--ok) .And he had a bad spat recently with his GF or wife,  and actually ran her over with a car! Which Saager omitted!

Saager thinks his reporting is  a bit more profound than I do. There have been other incidents where it is true. The media makes a decision whether they go with "was he crazy" or "was he a racist". It's not as a easy as it may appear to a foreigner. Just so i won't sound callous. It's happened again today  in Michigan with a student shooting classmates.

I'm sure in other countries there would and should be massive coverage including everything a mentally ill person might read or post on social media. . But it's a decision made in the U.S. because it's more commonplace and there's only so much time in a broadcast.

But isn't there an obsession with MSM?  As Saager himself  said, anybody can find this information now.

We Remember a United States That Fought the Nazis’: A German Scholar of Fascism Weighs in on Christian Nationalism in the U.S.

Is America slouching towards Christian fascism?”

https://religiondispatches.org/a-german-scholar-of-fascism-weighs-in-on-christian-nationalism-in-the-united-states/

That rhetoric was particularly virulent in the lead up to, and on, January 6th. On their march to the Capitol that day, the crowd hailed the Proud Boys as “God’s Warriors.”

Just the other day, Mike Flynn was calling for there to be only one religion in the United States.

When you believe that "God is on your side", it gives you license to do anything.

Steve Thomas

32 minutes ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

Ben, the federal infiltrators should be prosecuted, also.

Yes...but first we need to know who they were.

I gather the 1/6 committee is entirely uninterested in finding out why there was such thin police presence on 1/6, and why even that presence stood down, and how many federal assets were in the scrum. 

I do not trust the Trumpers...or the Deep State. But the Deep State has 10,000 the resources, that the Trumpers did or do. 

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

We Remember a United States That Fought the Nazis’: A German Scholar of Fascism Weighs in on Christian Nationalism in the U.S.

Is America slouching towards Christian fascism?”

https://religiondispatches.org/a-german-scholar-of-fascism-weighs-in-on-christian-nationalism-in-the-united-states/

That rhetoric was particularly virulent in the lead up to, and on, January 6th. On their march to the Capitol that day, the crowd hailed the Proud Boys as “God’s Warriors.”

Just the other day, Mike Flynn was calling for there to be only one religion in the United States.

When you believe that "God is on your side", it gives you license to do anything.

Steve Thomas

Good article Steve. Btw this is central to Albarelli’s thesis. General Walker and his ilk were certainly fascist Christians. And he is not by any means the first author to point out the strong fascist  underpinnings of our National Security State. Dallas was a hotbed of this point of view. 

4 hours ago, Chuck Schwartz said:

Ben, the federal infiltrators should be prosecuted, also.

They should be near if not at the top of the list.  The Italian's got it right with Mussolini.  After what he'd done what happened was approved by the populace.

Edited by Ron Bulman

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1466376952403701770

Ron Filipkowski

@RonFilipkowski

In new interview, Trump was asked if he regretted J6. He said the “real insurrection” was on Election Day and J6 was just a protest, that nobody gives him credit for drawing so many people to hear him speak that day, and “the other side had some very bad things happen.”

The other side?

What other side?

Damn! I missed all those other pro-democracy people rioting at the Supreme Court Building and the White House.

I need to pay more attention!

Steve Thomas