The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

I think the most important quote out of this debate is when Trump said that immigrants who  enter the country and who eventually show up for their court dates are obviously "low IQ". Typical Trump, Like they would just have to be complete fools to do the legal thing, and show up rather than be fugitives in hiding, just like anybody who would enlist into the service , or pay all their taxes is a complete sucker!. Such a strange thing for a President to say! But I'm sure it plays well with his base.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

10 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

There is small industry dedicated to investigating the murder of Seth Rich that goes into a lot more detail.

Links, or it didn't happen.

Myrtle Beach is in South Carolina. They would have to high step it to SC to make it from DC to SC in a day. Doable but crazy if your running bc you just did a hit job.

Seth Rich was murdered July 10, 2016, at 4:20 a.m. MS- 13 gang members Rafael Aguilar and Carmelo Marmolejo-Calixto where killed July 11, 2016 around 7:00 am. 27 hour difference. D.C. to Myrtle Beach, S.C. is 6 hours 43 mins.
Edited by David Andrews

1 hour ago, Kirk Gallaway said:

I think the most important quote out of this debate is when Trump said that immigrants who  enter the country and who eventually show up for their court dates are obviously "low IQ". Typical Trump, Like they would just have to be complete fools to do the legal thing, and show up rather than be fugitives in hiding, just like anybody who would enlist into the service , or pay all their taxes is a complete sucker!. Such a strange thing for a President to say! But I'm sure it plays well with his base.

Kirk,

That's the one that jumped out at me. too.

If you obey the law, you are stupid.

Steve Thomas

11 hours ago, Andrew Prutsok said:

Don't believe I said the dossier warranted being published. In fact, I'm quite sure I did not.  And the article you link is about Russians stealing emails, not the dossier, which is what I referred to. Apparently you think Seth Rich took the emails.

Again, I'll pose the same question, which your smart ass reply failed to address: if the dossier was a hit job by the Deep State to stop Trump from being elected, why was it not made public -- whether warranted or not -- until well after the election? You'd think if they were against Trump they would have tried to get that published somewhere before the election instead of what they actually did, which was to come out 11 days before the election and state they had found new emails from the Democratic nominee and were restarting the investigation.

You quoted CV saying the Russian Interference was not noted by the cable companies until after the election. Which, as I showed, was not the case.  That is not being smart ass, its correcting an inaccuracy which you quoted.

Why until after?  Andrew, you do know that HRC was financing that dossier don't you?  Can you imagine getting caught red handed in October? As it was, Schiff did all he could to hide that fact from the intel committee even afterwards.

But to me, this is ridiculous to argue.  HRC had every advantage in that campaign that one can have. Plus Access Hollywood, plus Alec Baldwin each Saturday Night.  She lost because she was not a good candidate. Period. End of story.  You can make excuses from now until Doomsday. They don't hide her failure.  Just read that book, Shattered.  She let Trump outflank her in the Rust Belt and in the upper Mideast. Trump is a salesman and he sold himself as a change agent.  HRC could not do that since she was hemmed in by her hubby's record. 

Edited by James DiEugenio

1 hour ago, James DiEugenio said:

You quoted CV saying the Russian Interference was not noted by the cable companies until after the election.

NO, that’s not what I wrote.  I pointed out correctly that the story did not make the news cycle.

The news cycle consists of stories repeated over and over.  The Obama denunciation of the Russian gov’t was reported on Oct. 7, 2016 at 3:30 EST but not repeated due to the Access Hollywood tape and Podesta e-mail stories, which dominated the news cycles for many days.

Which, as I showed, was not the case.  That is not being smart ass, its correcting an inaccuracy which you quoted.

The inaccuracy is DiEugenio’s.  

How does anyone posing as an expert on politics not know what a “news cycle” is?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/24-hour_news_cycle

<quote, emphasis added>

The 24-hour news cycle (or 24/7 news cycle) is 24-hour investigation and reporting of news, concomitant with fast-paced lifestyles. The vast news resources available in recent decades have increased competition for audience and advertiser attention, prompting media providers to deliver the latest news in the most compelling manner in order to remain ahead of competitors. Television-, radio-, print-, online- and mobile app news media all have many suppliers that want to be relevant to their audiences and deliver news first.

Although all-news radio operated for decades earlier, the 24-hour news cycle arrived with the advent of cable television channels dedicated to news[1] and brought about a much faster pace of news production with an increased demand for stories that could be presented as continual news with constant updating. 

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Trump appeared saner in the debate than I expected. He was lying and exaggerating as usual, of course, but he seemed to be well prepared and organized with the lies and exaggerations he was spewing out. I was rather hoping he would walk off in a childish tantrum when asked tough questions. Instead he gave prompt answers however false or evasive. And if Biden was going to laugh so much while Trump was holding forth, I wish he would have shared more what he was laughing about, since Lord knows this country needs some good laughs.

5 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:
The Seth Rich murder is a lot more complicated than the MSM explanation.
It is also a lot more complicated than the standard conspiracy explanation (like the "Q" explanation.)

Links, so we can see this "more complicated than Qanon" theory.  What you're reading, specifically.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1319480642250354688

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC

US House candidate, NY-14

“If someone told me 3 years ago, while I was waitressing to help my family stay afloat, that in a few short years an unhinged President of the United States would be repeatedly saying my name at the 2020 debate, I would’ve brought them some water and told them to sober up.”

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez @AOC

US House candidate, NY-14

“I wonder if Republicans understand how much they advertise their disrespect of women in debates when they consistently call women members of Congress by nicknames or first names while using titles & last names when referring to men of = stature. Women notice. It conveys a lot.”

Steve Thomas

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Melania snatches her hand away and accelerates.

This doesn't bode well.

https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/1319574282905784320?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Steve Thomas

Somebody needs to record an updated variation of the old Beatles hit entitled, "I Don't Wanna Hold Your Hand." 🤥

1 hour ago, Steve Thomas said:

Melania snatches her hand away and accelerates.

This doesn't bode well.

https://twitter.com/TheSun/status/1319574282905784320?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Steve Thomas

My goodness. I don't think someone has to be a highly trained body language expert to see and feel the incredible coldness between Trump and his wife.

Melania is a tough, independent woman. 

My gut feeling when observing these two together is that their marraige is already over in many ways. There doesn't seem to be any real affectionate warmth between the two toward each other.

Did you notice the debate moderator last night never once mention the SCOTUS situation?

Strange call.

I don't agree with some debate commentators who say the moderator Kristen Welker did a great job last night. Not at all.

Considering Trump's first debate performance was the worst in televised debate history by far, all she had to do was be there while Trump didn't go nutty like the first debate.

And Trump STILL went off grandstanding beyond his time and disrespectively ignored the moderator's 5 or 6 requests to stop at least half a dozen times. And Welker weakly let him get away with this.

First debate moderator Chris Wallace was much tougher in at least "trying" to stop the over-talking on Trump's part. But how could he stop the manic Trump? No one could that first debate.

Just because Trump didn't go completely off the rails we are to equate this to a good or even great moderating job? 

And the moderator still allowed Trump time and time again to completely ignore or divert from specific subject questions to throw out Hunter Biden corruption charges and even towards Joe Biden and his brother as well.

In a court of law a judge would have shut down a testifying Trump and his non-stop corruption charges against the Bidens as slanderous hearsay based on nothing but what Trump has read or heard other people say.

The moderator should have shut Trump down immediately in his constant ( and successful ) effort to turn the debate into a Biden corruption one, which, again, was a deliberate attempt to put Biden into an awkward defensive debate position half the time.

Why did Welker allow Trump to get away with this and so often?

And why didn't Welker at least once, press Trump to explain why he kept his China bank account so secret and ask Trump what he did to get paid 15 million dollars by the Chinese that went into this account? And how about Trunp's recently revealed $400 million to $1 billion dollar debt? And to whom does he owe this massive debt?

I thought the questions Welker presented were the same simple boring ones we have heard 1,000 times. To Trump: What are you going to do about the pandemic if you are re-elected?  Please. 

And the moderator let Trump off the hook in so many ways by not pressing him more on his duplicity in not releasing his taxes, his recently discovered $400 million dollar debt ( which some say is as high as a billion) and his constant violation of the emolument rules for a sitting president and so many other Trump ethical issues.

Savannah Guthrie didn't allow Trump to skate his way through that ridiculous town hall meeting. The questioners and their questions were so softball you had to suspect they and their questions were screened. The gushing older blond woman who exposed her crush feelings for Trump and his beautiful smile was cringing to watch.

Guthrie went after Trump and his $400 million dollar debt. His coddling of violence bent right wing groups such as the Proud Boys and others. 

Guthrie did what no other moderator would do...she confronted Trump regards his lies, shady huge money business dealings and his divisive manner, words and policies, etc. etc.

Compared to Guthrie, last night's moderator seemed intimidated by Trump, imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer