The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

7 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

So strange! You mean the DCC decided the bat sh!t crazy Rao, deciding in favor of the DoJ, who were not a party to the writ, overstepped? Big shocker!

This is a big rebuke of Judge Rao, who views and interprets the law through partisan politics.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

If there is no election in Nov. 2020, then fatboy becomes a private citizen in Jan., 2021. He will face legal charges, which will keep him busy for awhile. Who will become president- to be determined (probably by the courts). But if there is no president or vice president, the next in line is the speaker of the house.

I'm telling you, imo the situation with shutdowns in every area of our economy is being downplayed regards their true massive numbers.

I also think the Stock Market ( Dow ) is being artificially manipulated ( going up regularly ) to not show the true magnitude of this massive shutdown reality. 

All the traditional market moving dynamics should reflect a similar huge drop in value.

When the Stock Market dropped to 18,000 months ago, this was a true reality effect.

Since then however, someone or some group with enormous wealth and/or our own government with Trump pressure is using our own monies to artificially inflate and keep the Stock Market illogically propped up, imo.

Edited by Joe Bauer

1 hour ago, Douglas Caddy said:

This is a big rebuke of Judge Rao, who views and interprets the law through partisan politics.

Yeah. That's an understatement. She gave relief to the DoJ when it was Flynn who filed the mandamus.

https://www.justsecurity.org/71030/the-deeply-concerning-and-misguided-d-c-circuit-mandamus-ruling-in-the-flynn-case/

16 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

I'm telling you, imo the situation with shutdowns in every area of our economy is being downplayed regards their true massive numbers.

I also think the Stock Market ( Dow ) is being artificially manipulated ( going up regularly ) to not show the true magnitude of this massive shutdown reality. 

All the traditional market moving dynamics should reflect a similar huge drop in value.

When the Stock Market dropped to 18,000 months ago, this was a true reality effect.

Since then however, someone or some group with enormous wealth and/or our own government with Trump pressure is using our own monies to artificially inflate and keep the Stock Market illogically propped up, imo.

Joe,

I agree about the economical forecast. It is going to be a lot worse than most people see or realize right now. I think we are going to have another "housing crisis" coming once everything settles down and all of help dries up.

Stay safe!

Edited by Ty Carpenter

You can't have tens of millions of Americans unable to pay their rent for months and possibly many months, even with smaller than effective government assistance help, and not eventually have civil unrest.

You can't allow that many Americans to fall to income levels so low they can't even provide the basic, basic needs for themselves and their families without risking mass demonstrations in the streets ( often with violence )  much like those that broke out all over the country during the height of the great depression.

Our next president is going to have to create something like Roosevelt's CCC.

Expecting these collapsed private businesses nationwide to instantly rehire millions of stressed people is a false reality.  It would take years for them to recover from something this massive themselves.

Only the government can meet these needs instantly.

Edited by Joe Bauer

This is what happens when a president during a pandemic listens to a rightwing economist instead of the medical professional.

He gets the worst of both: a second wave, and an economic quarter that is the worst ever.

And Trump really has no one to blame but himself.  He took the wrong advice.  

Now he wants to postpone the election, a dead giveaway that will reduce turnout on the Republican side and hurt their ticket down the line.

1 hour ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Basketball and baseball were cancelled.

Businesses are cancelled.

School is cancelled.

Church is cancelled.

Congress is cancelled.

Law and order are cancelled.

Twitter, Facebook, and Google are cancelling content all over the place.

What's the big deal about cancelling the election?

47259818_Annotation2020-07-30202332.jpg.bd5a8364b0f53dedaf919faa3a444a3b.jpg

The Troller-in-chief, that's why we love him.

Over 150,000 American lives were cancelled. 

"What's the big deal? Support Patio Pizza!" - Donald Trump

2 hours ago, Robert Wheeler said:

Basketball and baseball were cancelled.

Businesses are cancelled.

School is cancelled.

Church is cancelled.

Congress is cancelled.

Law and order are cancelled.

The debates are cancelled.

Twitter, Facebook, and Google are cancelling content all over the place.

What's the big deal about cancelling the election?

47259818_Annotation2020-07-30202332.jpg.bd5a8364b0f53dedaf919faa3a444a3b.jpg

The Troller-in-chief, that's why we love him.

Basketball is wise to go ahead and quit.  Baseball is learning.  The NCAA and NFL will regarding football.

School's not cancelled yet.  But it will be after a further spike in in opening, including football.  This will cost student, teacher, parent, grandparent, other family and friend lives.

Go to Church if you want to meet God sooner than you hope to.

Congress is not cancelled yet but some are in quarantine 

https://www.bing.com/search?q=congressman+covid&form=PRUSEN&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&msnews=1&rec_search=1&refig=1eb53b4693e64f3e9312f6c2f8f76bb9&sp=-1&ghc=1&pq=congressman+covid&sc=4-17&qs=n&sk=&cvid=1eb53b4693e64f3e9312f6c2f8f76bb9

Seen nothing about the debates being cancelled.

Social media becoming more socially responsible in permitting fact checked truth?

He can't cancel the election.  But the judges might disrupt it, again.  Unless the results are (hopefully) overwhelming?

51 minutes ago, Robert Wheeler said:

I’m going to say it’s the same people people still pushing the Covid hoax.

Hoax? My wife doesn't think so. Are you that stupid? Or are you just gas lighting? Both?

Maybe you should go work in a COVID ward. Take your larvae with you.

Sam Brodey Spencer Ackerman Asawin Suebsaeng
Updated Jul. 30, 2020 11:04PM ET Published Jul. 30, 2020 4:52PM ET

"...Harvard Law figure Alan Dershowitz, a member of the defense team during Trump’s impeachment trial, said, “The answer is clear: only Congress can change the date of the election. A president doesn't have the authority… Of course, any citizen has the right to ask Congress to make a change, but I can’t imagine that they would do that.”

But others close to the president kept the door propped conspicuously open. Testifying on Thursday morning, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, an attorney, said about presidential authority to delay an election, “In the end, the Department of Justice, others will make that determination.”

Ah yes. William Barr gets to decide.

Others? What others?

Steve Thomas

10 hours ago, Joe Bauer said:

Our next president is going to have to create something like Roosevelt's CCC.

Joe,

You know, that's something I've never understood. Everybody keeps talking about how we need an infrastructure plan. Our roads and bridges and airports and dykes need fixing.

And here we have millions of people who need work and are just looking for something to do.

Why not put the two together? It seems like it would be a win/win situation for everybody.

I guess we need to build more aircraft carriers and D-35 fighter jets though.

Steve Thomas