The Education Forum

The inevitable end result of our last 56 years

Surgeons don't wear masks in the operating room because they want to make a fashion statement. Masks work at preventing the spread of germs.

This is beyond elementary. Anyone who says masks don't work must also think washing hands and sterilizing equipment is also useless at preventing the spread of germs.

Ridiculous. I think people posting these kinds of statements make the entire forum look bad.

• Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Benjamin Cole

• Douglas Caddy

• W. Niederhut

• Steve Thomas

I've been wearing N95 masks indoors since March of 2020, as I wanted to be sure I did not contract Covid. Success!

Covid is aerosolized, and its particle size can't penetrate a properly fitted N95 mask.

I've also had 2 full shots and a booster dose of the Moderna vaccine. Feelin top-notch :)

2 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

The point I am bringing up is I could accuse you of not caring about the Kurds, children and who knows how many Shi'a and other perceived enemies of Sadam who were slaughtered during his regime. It's interesting you have specifically and by date completely edited those victims out of your narrative. Perhaps because someone other than the US bears responsibility for at least a portion of those souls?

I didn’t “edit it out”. The context is GWOT, which began with the attack on Afghanistan in October 2001 and intensified with the invasion of Iraq in March 2003. Global activism in response to the widespread harm initiated by GWOT is the immediate context of the formation of Wikileaks.

2 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

Assange and Wikileaks blundered the information they were entrusted with, first by exposing their sources and breaking their promises to them (not really a concern to the US) and then by releasing information to our adversaries and their agents which will affect innumerable people, many of whom are innocent. That and the methods by which the information was obtained is what the US is taking him to task for.

You keep repeating this, and it appears as the crux of your argument why Assange should be put on trial in the U.S. What are your sources? Certainly a decade ago there was a lot of speculation published in mainstream media of potential risks to persons who may have been exposed by Wikileaks, but by the time of the Manning trial it became apparent that internal US military documents could not identify anyone who had been harmed.

See - “Military Fails to Link Leaks With Any Deaths”  (July 31, 2013)

https://www.courthousenews.com/military-fails-to-link-leaks-with-any-deaths/

As well, as I explained to you, the issues of potential harm, proper vetting, and Wikileaks policies concerning receipt and publication of information were covered in detail at the original extradition hearing in September 2020. The prosecution declined to rebut the defence’s thorough presentation, which materially contradicts most of your assertions. Daniel Ellsberg’s presentation at the hearing, which I referred previously, was in particular thoughtful and philosophical regarding issues of leaking information and the associated responsibilities.

3 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

Assange has decided to avoid the process entirely, for more than ten years, and the chickens have come home to roost.

Assange did not “avoid the process entirely”. Assange is not an American citizen and Wikileaks did not operate in the United States. He had no obligation to surrender himself to a U.S. courtroom or the caprices of the U.S. justice system. As it stands, his liberty was taken from him through a series of questionable legal maneuvers which have involved three states (U.S., UK, Sweden), two of which were instrumental in initiating the massive destruction and chaos sown by GWOT in the first place. American officials have plotted Assange’s death, plotted his extra-legal kidnapping, and through a CIA contractor extensively spied on Assange including privileged meetings with his legal counsel. The extradition process has been wholly out of normal legal bounds, adopting the character of what were once known as Soviet show trials. That it is Assange, and not any of the well identified persons responsible for initiating the GWOT chaos, who faces significant time inside the sadistic isolation regimes of the U.S. prison system (facilities where all the whistleblowers and leakers to date have been condemned) is beyond “unjust” and the consequences of this sordid act of revenge will be profound.

3 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

the efforts of Wikileaks to expose crimes of any military is worthy but appears (to me and others) to be done partially as an act of promotion and irresponsible retribution as witnessed by their mishandling of information critical to the lives of innocent people. The mishandling, whether intentional or due to amateurism, delegitimizes the effort and exposes it to legal consequences that didn't have to occur. 

Again, since the Manning trial, US officials have conceded that they cannot identify specific examples of any but reputational harm caused by Wikileaks. You insist otherwise - what are your sources for such assertion?

If you want to have TDS, go ahead. I think Trump has the wrong personality to the President. 

But, if you want to spend the rest of your lives yelping at Trump...you are like hunting dogs that surround a bonsai tree in a redwood forest. Bark-bark!

You think Trump is the problem? 

The national security state has about $1.2 trillion (annually) at its disposal (DoD, DHS, VA, black budget.)

The Deep State has hooks deep into M$M...so much so the previously pretty smart Rachel Maddow has become a CIA-simp. 

The two major political parties are held tight to the national security state. Think Deep Purple. 

More and more content is being censored off the Internet. The "left wing" loves  censorship! Who knew? 

A US-funded CCP lab in Wuhan was the likely source of C19. 

Bush Jr. got the US into not one but two fantastically expensive, counter-productive wars, full of carnage to break the heart. LBJ-Nixon before Bush jr. 

Trump? 

Beyond all that, 1/6 was a scrum...there is no evidence, no texts, no e-mails, no phone-calls, no letters by passenger pigeon, connecting Trump officials to scrum participants. 

There may have been federal instigators on 1/6...and you have Liz Cheney in charge of the investigation into that?  Oh sure, let's believe Liz Cheney.  

The Trump Bonsai Tree has become a sacred pilgrimage, a place to wave self-righteous badges. 

9 hours ago, John Butler said:

Current statistics suggest that 0.2285 percent of the people have died in the US from Covid.  800,000 deaths.  That's 99.7715 (pop. 350,000,000) percent who survive or are unaffected by the disease.  Another statistic says that 1 out of 100 old people catch covid and die.  99% odds is good enough for me not to be concerned.  Of course, when I say this, others say well, people have died.  And, that is true.  Are you afraid with these odds?  

John Butler:

I agree with you. I always thought C19 was hyped, and especially the state responses. 

The public health sector saw how well the national security state has done with fear-mongering...and followed suit? 

More abjectly, none of the state responses seem to have worked against C19, with the exception of mainland China. I don't want to give up that much freedom.

Now they are fear-mongering omicron. And the next variant? Viruses adapt continually. A new perma-war? 

Some wars you lose. The war on C19 is a losing war. Time to move on. 

But you know what? The war-perps never want to concede defeat, as that means they were wrong all along.

10 hours ago, John Butler said:

Current statistics suggest that 0.2285 percent of the people have died in the US from Covid.  800,000 deaths.  That's 99.7715 (pop. 350,000,000) percent who survive or are unaffected by the disease.  Another statistic says that 1 out of 100 old people catch covid and die.  99% odds is good enough for me not to be concerned.  Of course, when I say this, others say well, people have died.  And, that is true.  Are you afraid with these odds?  

Afraid? No. Circumspect in my behavior? Yes. These apparently small figures ignore this: 50 million plus people have been infected that they know of. Today 60,000 people were in the hospital being treated for CV. Today. If you had a mass in your rectum that needed to be removed and couldn't because of unvaccinated CV patients plugging up the hallways I'd bet you'd sing a different tune.

2 minutes ago, Bob Ness said:

Afraid? No. Circumspect in my behavior? Yes. These apparently small figures ignore this: 50 million plus people have been infected that they know of. Today 60,000 people were in the hospital being treated for CV. Today. If you had a mass in your rectum that needed to be removed and couldn't because of unvaccinated CV patients plugging up the hallways I'd bet you'd sing a different tune.

Mass in the rectum?  Are you implying that anti-vaxxers have their craniums in their colons? 🤥

4 minutes ago, W. Niederhut said:

Mass in the rectum?  Are you implying that anti-vaxxers have their craniums in their colons? 🤥

One and the same hahaha! It gets tiresome. Bunch of babies.

Edited by Bob Ness

6 hours ago, Matt Allison said:

I've been wearing N95 masks indoors since March of 2020, as I wanted to be sure I did not contract Covid. Success!

Covid is aerosolized, and its particle size can't penetrate a properly fitted N95 mask.

I've also had 2 full shots and a booster dose of the Moderna vaccine. Feelin top-notch :)

Actually they can but it's much more difficult. If you're in a room for an hour or two, even masked up, smaller particulates can enter. It can also infect you through your eyes. Presumably the viral load is low though but I don't know how certain they are about that.

I wear them around people outside too. My wife runs a purifier in her office and the exam rooms and also garbs up with a shield as well as an N95 covered by a surgical mask (to protect the mask).

I'm waiting for the law suits to begin in earnest for businesses who are loose about their policies. For a decent tort lawyer I think it's going to be a walk in the park, especially in class action suits. Health care settings such as clinics and adult care stand a chance of being wiped out.

Edited by Bob Ness

Trump ENDORSES Lauren Boebert for her 2022 race

By Katelyn Caralle

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10316985/Trump-ENDORSES-Boebert-2022-amid-pressure-punish-joke-Ilhan-Omar-suicide-bomber.html

Donald Trump endorsed embattled Congresswoman Lauren Boebert on Wednesday as the Colorado Republican continues to face calls for punishment after anti-Muslim comments aimed at Ilhan Omar.

'Congresswoman Lauren Boebert has done a fantastic job in her first term representing Colorado's Third District,' the former president released in a statement from his Save America PAC.

'She is a fearless leader, a defender of the America First Agenda, and a fighter against the Loser RINOs and Radical Democrats,' Trump added. 'She will continue to be tough on Crime, strong on Borders, and always protect our under-siege Second Amendment.'”

That;s all we need... A Congress full of Lauren Boebarts.

Steve Thomas

This is just wild.

Let's just tase them and leave them out there in the desert. That's what I say.

Drone TASES a migrant at the border as part of plan to use a 'wall of drones' to protect the US in promotional video for tech start-up - but founder says plan has now been ditched and was wrong 'ethical direction'

• Brinc, founded by Blake Resnick, 21, apologized for the promotional video

By Jack Newman

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10316619/Tech-start-proposed-using-drones-tase-interrogate-migrants-Mexico-border.html

“The 'wall of drones' would operate in place of a physical wall at a third of the price and would be able to detect and track the 'criminals' trying to enter the US, the glossy promotional video claims.

A tech start-up proposed using drones armed with tasers to attack migrants attempting to cross the border into the US, a previously unreleased promotional video has revealed. 

Blake Resnick, 21, said he set up drone company Brinc in response to the 2017 Las Vegas shooting with the aim of creating non-violent robots to aid with law enforcement, committing to 'never build technologies designed to hurt or kill'.”

https://videos.dailymail.co.uk/preview/mol/2021/12/16/8423110121819884082/636x382_MP4_8423110121819884082.mp4

Steve Thomas

Hey Jeff, I think you know the most of anybody here about Assange.  I have a personal question about Assange you might be able to help me with.

Is Julian's favorite rock classic "Born to Run"?

Of course I mean the "indoor" version.

heh heh heh heh

But I think you and I are in agreement Jeff, unlike Glenn and Benn* , I feel no conflict of interest in calling Pompeo a "pig" for his kidnapping plan!

*A little joke there. But doesn't it figure that someone as verbosely redundant as Greenwald would spell "Glen" with 2 "n"s?  Kudos to Ben! Though similar, he doesn't have to stoop so low!

As I was saying earlier, last Saturday night I was watching an NBA game that was finished and from 8PM to 9:30, there was this documentary film with Josiah Thompson that was the most pro JFK conspiracy thing I've seen on any of the major U.S. networks.

It's not a big deal by our standards.  It doesn't get into the who killed JFK but just makes a case for conspiracy, which could be just enough of a bite size chunk for a lot of people.

Anyway then I found it on Youtube.

18 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

Thanks, Bob for replying.

Probably not.  Those are better odds for surviving than other things.  A lot of other things.  Surviving others folk's noxious and unwarranted humor is one.  There are lots of people full of it.  

I am a vet from the Viet Nam era.  I have multiple service-connected disabilities to the 100% level.  Plus, several other serious health problems.  I was in and out of the hospital for office visits, lab tests, surgeries, CT Scans, MRIs, and other procedures from 2019 to early 2021.

I never saw any hall packed or emergency rooms packed with victims of covid.  I don't know of anyone denied medical services due to covid.    

17 hours ago, Bob Ness said:

One and the same hahaha! It gets tiresome. Bunch of babies.

No babies here Bob.  Just one cantankerous old guy.  And, the old guy gave up drinking Kool aid a long time ago, particularly the government brand.

Edited by John Butler

7 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Let's just tase them and leave them out there in the desert. That's what I say.

Drone TASES a migrant at the border as part of plan to use a 'wall of drones' to protect the US in promotional video for tech start-up - but founder says plan has now been ditched and was wrong 'ethical direction'

We have the tech for this:

How about a multitude of hunter/killer, no, make that hunter/shooter robot dogs armed with machine guns shooting rubber bullets.   You could vet warfare technology that could be used later in war and save human lives.  That would be the right "ethical direction".

Sorry, just kidding. 

Edited by John Butler

14 hours ago, Steve Thomas said:

Trump ENDORSES Lauren Boebert for her 2022 race

By Katelyn Caralle

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10316985/Trump-ENDORSES-Boebert-2022-amid-pressure-punish-joke-Ilhan-Omar-suicide-bomber.html

Donald Trump endorsed embattled Congresswoman Lauren Boebert on Wednesday as the Colorado Republican continues to face calls for punishment after anti-Muslim comments aimed at Ilhan Omar.

'Congresswoman Lauren Boebert has done a fantastic job in her first term representing Colorado's Third District,' the former president released in a statement from his Save America PAC.

'She is a fearless leader, a defender of the America First Agenda, and a fighter against the Loser RINOs and Radical Democrats,' Trump added. 'She will continue to be tough on Crime, strong on Borders, and always protect our under-siege Second Amendment.'”

That;s all we need... A Congress full of Lauren Boebarts.

Steve Thomas

Trump's endorsement of Rep. Lauren Boebert for allegedly "doing a fantastic job" speaks volumes about his grossly impaired judgment and his deranged concept of American statesmanship.

Boebert is a national disgrace-- uneducated, ignorant, bigoted, and utterly unfit for public office.

Colorado has elected some blockheads to Congress over the years, but Boebert takes the proverbial cake.

Honestly, I hope she ends up in prison for tax fraud and participation in the January 6th attack on Congress.

Edited by W. Niederhut